"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That build will last your for YEARS.

but how many...2-3?

by that time next gen games will be ramping up requirements and my shyt might be mid-tier by then...$2000+ is too much for me to pay imo just for a 2-3 year run...maybe I’ll look into buying the parts once everything becomes available again...it’d be worth it to me for maybe half the price...I also have to take into consideration that I’d still be doing the majority of my gaming on consoles even if I did buy this setup...the graphics are beautiful but I don’t feel it’s worth it for primarily one game...and then there’s the troubleshooting aspect of it as well...I’m at the point now where I’m enjoying the game on the PS5 in spite of its flaws..minus whale just stick with it

Last edited:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Game has some really great stuff going for it, but some complaints:
- overlay glitch that makes subtitles and item pickup notifications not disappear.
During Jackie'sdeath scene, I had a giant armor pickup notification plastered on the screen:stopitslime:
- Braindance, while cool, was obviously cut for dev time. You get a BD machine, and can collect/buy BD media, but you can't use them. Bullshyt.
- Lack of character customization
- Cops have ESP and spawn next to you
-The fukking lifepaths are practically false advertising. It's meaningless outside a few dialogs and a 5 minute mission. Nomad especially was underwhelming. No real introduction to the lore at all. They hyped these as huge and game changing

Oh yeah, the inoperable arcade machines that obviously were planned for interactivity.

Still gonna play. The acting, graphics, and storylines are fantastic.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
but how many...2-3?

by that time next gen games will be ramping up requirements and my shyt might be mid-tier by then...$2000+ is too much for me to pay imo just for a 2-3 year run...maybe I’ll look into buying the parts once everything becomes available again...it’d be worth it to me for maybe half the price...I also have to take into consideration that I’d still be doing the majority of my gaming on consoles even if I did buy this setup...the graphics are beautiful but I don’t feel it’s worth it for primarily one game...and then there’s the troubleshooting aspect of it as well...I’m at the point now where I’m enjoying the game on the PS5 in spite of its flaws..minus whale just stick with it

You'll only be maxing out games for 2-3 years, but PC gaming isnt all about maxing out. If you can get raytracing and 4k 60 fps, that's the max for the gen, most games wont push the envelope further than that. And if they do, they will probably get shytted on like this game because nikkas can't play it.

If you can get a rig thats more powerful than the PS5 and XBSX, it will last you 7-8 years easily because nobody is going to dare to make a game that can't run on them. That's how I managed to get by this gen with a relatively outdated PC, because it's about as powerful as a Xbox One X (better load times tho).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
- overlay glitch that makes subtitles and item pickup notifications not disappear.
During Jackie'sdeath scene, I had a giant armor pickup notification plastered on the screen:stopitslime:
- Braindance, while cool, was obviously cut for dev time. You get a BD machine, and can collect/buy BD media, but you can't use them. Bullshyt.
-The fukking lifepaths are practically false advertising. It's meaningless outside a few dialogs and a 5 minute mission. Nomad especially was underwhelming. No real introduction to the lore at all. They hyped these as huge and game changing

Oh yeah, the inoperable arcade machines that obviously were planned for interactivity.

I agree wwith some of that also. The lifepaths were really just a different 20 minute intro to the game. They took out classes for it and it didn't really do anything. Also the not being able to change hair style or even your entire face after the intro is an oversight of the highest degree. You can graft entire cannons to your arm but changing your nose is out of the question? lol

I mean for me it's all kind of nitpicks and it's not ruining my enjoyment of the game. I can see them adding a lot of stuff in once all these patches are done with, witcher 3 had so much post release DLC.

• Temerian Armor Set
  • Beard and Hairstyle Set
  • Witcher Contract: Missing Miners
  • Alternate Look For Yennefer
  • Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • Elite Crossbow Set
  • New Quest: Fool's Gold
  • Ballad Heroes: Neutral Gwent Card Set
  • Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear
  • Alternate Look For Triss
  • Skellige's Most Wanted
  • New Quest: Where The Cat and Wolf Play
  • Alternative Look For Ciri
  • New Finisher Animations
  • New Game Plus
this was all free too.

and then add all the new features that came with the two expansion packs.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I could be wrong but i believe certain sidequests are exclusive to the lifepath you chose

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
How is ps4pro performance for you? I’ve seen bad reviews which is why i haven’t bought it yet

How has it performed on the pro so far?
Before the patch this shyt was crashing like once every 4 hours and in certain scenes my weapon would be missing but since the patch it's been pretty smooth :wow: just met Johnny :mjgrin:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You'll only be maxing out games for 2-3 years, but PC gaming isnt all about maxing out. If you can get raytracing and 4k 60 fps, that's the max for the gen, most games wont push the envelope further than that. And if they do, they will probably get shytted on like this game because nikkas can't play it.

If you can get a rig thats more powerful than the PS5 and XBSX, it will last you 7-8 years easily because nobody is going to dare to make a game that can't run on them. That's how I managed to get by this gen with a relatively outdated PC, because it's about as powerful as a Xbox One X (better load times tho).

you present a good argument :ehh:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anyone run into the mission about the preachers kid? That shyt breh:picard:

Yo this game still needs a lot of work but damn it’s straight fire :wow:

I haven’t had this feeling of freedom, amazement, and immersion since Fallout New Vegas/ Mass Effect trilogy

I suggest y’all invest in carrying weight, so much shyt to grab after a couple of detours on the map

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yeah it's way harder to play a ruthless Corpo guy cause enemies can murk you pretty quick. I've had several instances where I bust up on the scene with a shotgun like :demonic: and then I got shot twice and I'm like
giphy-downsized.gif
and I run back outside hop in my whip and have to drive away...

All them missions that have a rating above moderate really mean that shyt :whew:
I'm playing on very hard.

hope I don't get rekt