"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Damn everyone is in a frenzy, these reviews killing all the hype. IGN gave it a 9, was hoping for a 10, I like IGN reviews

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
That is the wildest shyt ive ever read in a VIDEOGAME review

I read that shyt like
200w.gif

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
These damn bugs/glitche is making me worried. That's the REAL shyt people need to be talking about. shyt might not be playable day 1 :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ok....so this is what I don’t understand. Y’all (and reviewers) are going crazy over these bugs. I get that, it seems distracting and immersion breaking to a point that you have no choice but to address it. “But Pc gamer giving it a 78/100 because of bugs ... meanwhile they gave AC:Valhalla which is unfinished and filled with bugs even after their latest patch a 92/100.... ok”

Y’all gonna sit here and tell me AC Valhalla a bug ridden game, that is STILL broken to this day and typical ubi-mid is getting a 92/100 out of this publication and cyberpunk is a 78 because of bugs? Someone else help me understand.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
let’s not hype that part up too much as an excuse to “justify” dismissing opinions that don’t conform to what we want the game to be...that seems to be a small makeup of actual reviewers so far and not 50% ...the game is currently at 90% on OC/MC...that wouldn’t be the case if these negative reviewers had as much influence as you’re crediting them with

Facts. Respect on approaching it with a little nuance.

My general non reading of Polygon aside (if anyone cares, their writing generally skews toward a young, more hipster style crowd that I've noticed takes games maybe a little TOO seriously. Like a bunch of folks that fed themselves a little too much of the "games are art" narrative), when I see interviews like that, I:

Usually catch eye strain from rolling my eyes way too hard at someone trying to take their issues with the game to another level

Take a minute to consider what the talking points actually are, even if it's something I don't necessarily agree or completely identify with

Usually get pissed when they take the route of comparing one minority's struggles to race, because writers really struggle with not taking that shortcut.

Then make my own decision when I play the game.

On that note, the Gamespot video pseudo review is pretty good, at least through the first half. Pretty in depth, and hasn't strayed into identity politics so far.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's why I was watching the leaked gameplays to make a decision for myself. I don't take any reviewers seriously. Ages ago when paid reviews were no longer a secret I stopped fukking with any of those places heavy.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok....so this is what I don’t understand. Y’all (and reviewers) are going crazy over these bugs. I get that, it seems distracting and immersion breaking to a point that you have no choice but to address it. “But Pc gamer giving it a 78/100 because of bugs ... meanwhile they gave AC:Valhalla which is unfinished and filled with bugs even after their latest patch a 92/100.... ok”

Y’all gonna sit here and tell me AC Valhalla a bug ridden game, that is STILL broken to this day and typical ubi-mid is getting a 92/100 out of this publication and cyberpunk is a 78 because of bugs? Someone else help me understand.

Not all review sites use the same reviewer? Also bugs are generally speaking a situation which vary between users. One cat can play 80 hours of Ass creed and get no bugs and another can get like 10 bugs in 2 hours. It's how it works.

Me personally I just can't let bugs effect my experience that much. I've played some buggy bullshyt ass games like most Bethesda games. They suck to deal with but I personally would never change a numerical score because of bugs...unless a bug bricked the console or something crazy like that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
all these games are over hyped, people expecting 9/10s or the game is trash, that's how over hyped games are and this is no different

No solid gameplay footage and the game is days away from release, no playable demo, the game is trash, but people will act like its good because they already brought into the hype, just like that garbage last of us 2 with ps3 game mechanics in a new coat of paint

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Valhalla isn’t broken :dahell:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all these games are over hyped, people expecting 9/10s or the game is trash, that's how over hyped games are and this is no different

No solid gameplay footage and the game is days away from release, no playable demo, the game is trash, but people will act like its good because they already brought into the hype, just like that garbage last of us 2 with ps3 game mechanics in a new coat of paint

Bruh? What? There has been hours of gameplay footage and walkthroughs on this game. What are you talking about?