"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So if there were millions of PS5's readily available on launch day you wouldn't buy one if they told you Cyberpunk 2077 was next gen only and coming "sometime 2021" ?

The only reason not to want a next gen system at this point is because PlayStation is fukking around with the stock

I am not buying a next gen system solely for one game. I am going to wait until more games are available, if the system was fully backward compatible then the jump could be easier as you could still play games from the PS4.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All this talk of current gen being the issue only came about when next gen was announced. Prior to that it was all gravy, no talk of optimisation issues. Personally I never get next gen consoles immediately because it just seems redundant to me considering there is hardly any games for them. Despite that if this game doesn’t work on the current gen consoles and you are unable to resolve that issue then so be it. The thing is they are to greedy and want all their cake and to eat it too. In my opinion the game should be able to function on the systems it was originally announced on as the development process should have been catered for the systems it was going to be played on.

Ever since the first delays earlier this year there were rumors that it was running badly on current gen and all teh delays since have been because of that. I say they do pc and next gen this month and give current gen their version in December or Jan or however long it takes to get it to run well like developers do for the nintendo switch.

Dev Responds to Rumours That Cyberpunk 2077 Was Delayed Because It Runs Badly on PS4 and Xbox One

After they denied that was the reason they go on to agree with Corey Barlog that it’s exactly the reason ti was delayed

Cyberpunk 2077 dev says Cory Barlog's frank delay explanation "hit the nail on the head" | GamesRadar+

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I am not buying a next gen system solely for one game. I am going to wait until more games are available, if the system was fully backward compatible then the jump could be easier as you could still play games from the PS4.

whaaaa breh the system can play all your PS4 games. I'mma repeat the same shyt I said a page ago. Y'all had 7 years of PS4 and it was a nice ride. Time to let it go.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I thought I read somewhere that you would only be able to play certain PS4 titles on the PS5.:dwillhuh:

:snoop:

PS5 Backwards Compatibility: All PS4 Games That Don't Work
At the time of writing, just 10 PS4 games will not be backwards compatible on PS5. On the PlayStation Store, these titles will be accompanied with a description reading "Playable on: PS4 only". They are:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Ever since the first delays earlier this year there were rumors that it was running badly on current gen and all teh delays since have been because of that. I say they do pc and next gen this month and give current gen their version in December or Jan or however long it takes to get it to run well like developers do for the nintendo switch.

Dev Responds to Rumours That Cyberpunk 2077 Was Delayed Because It Runs Badly on PS4 and Xbox One

After they denied that was the reason they go on to agree with Corey Barlog that it’s exactly the reason ti was delayed

Cyberpunk 2077 dev says Cory Barlog's frank delay explanation "hit the nail on the head" | GamesRadar+

That’s an issue when your game can’t funtion properly on its intended devices. Oh well might as well just make it a next gen release then to optimise performance. We all know they won’t because they want that money and a majority won’t make that jump to next gen immediately though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That’s an issue when your game can’t funtion properly on its intended devices. Oh well might as well just make it a next gen release then to optimise performance. We all know they won’t because they want that money and a majority won’t make that jump to next gen immediately though.

And they will still get it but at a later date for current gen. PC and next gen players are being punished because they can’t get the game to work right on weak hardware.

Imagine if we had to wait for every multi-platform title to be optimized for the switch before it came out on ps4 and xbox one

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:snoop:

PS5 Backwards Compatibility: All PS4 Games That Don't Work
At the time of writing, just 10 PS4 games will not be backwards compatible on PS5. On the PlayStation Store, these titles will be accompanied with a description reading "Playable on: PS4 only". They are:

:salute:My bad breh, I just remember seeing somewhere that some titles wouldn’t be playable and my mind interpreted it as only specific titles would be playable on the PS5. What if I buy the PS5 only for Sony to say fukk you and drop the PS5 pro in two years.:hamster::russ:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
And they will still get it but at a later date for current gen. PC and next gen players are being punished because they can’t get the game to work right on weak hardware.

Imagine if we had to wait for every multi-platform title to be optimized for the switch before it came out on ps4 and xbox one

Personally with all this I will now not be touching this game on my PS4 pro. As they have as good as said that is the inferior version to the point it’s even struggling to perform. I have had a similar situation like this with Watchdogs which I got on the PS3 and compared to the PS4 version was just.:scust: