"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Another article

Cyberpunk 2077 is 'ready for the PC,' but current-gen console versions still need work | PC Gamer

Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed into December yesterday, a postponement of just a few weeks that, sadly and predictably, nonetheless resulted in death threatsagainst developer CD Projekt Red and the people who work there. The studio attributed the delay to the complexities of simultaneously developing and testing nine versions of the game—current and next-gen consoles, PC, and Stadia—while working from home, but in a call to investors following the announcement, CD Projekt co-CEO Adam Kiciński pointed more specifically at the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles as the source of the holdup.

"First and foremost, on behalf of the whole board, I would like to offer an apology for breaking our promise and failing your trust. We underestimated the time required for the very final processes," Kiciński said.

"The game is ready for the PC and runs great on the next-gen consoles, and could be shipped on the scheduled date on those platforms. However, even though the game has been certified on the current gens by both Sony and Microsoft, some very final optimization processes for such a massive and complex game require a bit of additional time."

During a Q&A session that followed his statement, Kiciński repeated that "we have the game ready on PC" and said that the studio probably could have made the November 19 release date as it stands, but "having these extra three weeks will enable us to get more things ready to our satisfaction." He also acknowledged that three weeks doesn't sound like it will make much of a difference for a game that's been in development since 2016, but added that "this can greatly help us with those technical matters regarding current-gen."

Vice president of business development Michal Nowakowski said later in the Q&A that there isn't a specific "problem" with current-gen consoles, just "optimization to be handled." In a response to a separate question, however, he suggested that Cyberpunk 2077's issues might actually run a little deeper than that, saying, "The polish is needed to fix all the bugs and quality issues that we're still facing."

As for the new release date of December 10, it's "firm," if not quite rock-hard: "We feel—maybe not comfortable, but confident" in the new release date, Kiciński said. Nowakowski seemed similarly not-quite-comfortable with fully committing to it. When asked if Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be out on December 10, he replied, "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess—yes."

Sounds like it's gonna be delayed again :francis:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I stand with my original words on this. I think it's them just being too greedy and trying to bite off more than they could chew.

It even says sony and microsoft certified it, so it's something else happening.

Daps
I stand with my original words on this. I think it's them just being too greedy and trying to bite off more than they could chew.

this all falls on CDPR
during the prototype/pre-alpha stages, they most likely had the game running on a high powered PC that represented their aim for the console versions
As the game grew more complicated and next gen, trying to run it on the PS4/Xbox became a major problem
I think the PS4/Xbox has been the main reason behind all the delays because every time they try to run it on the PS4/Xbox, they get basura
They realized this YEARS ago but because of pure corporate greed they tried to make it work anyway knowing this game ain't cut out for current gen
They had plenty of time to scrap the current gen console versions and make this a next gen game

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Best thing I ever did was cancel my pre-order back in July and stop paying attention to this game...

They should at least release the PC version if its ready, no reason to delay us because of these shyt current gen consoles...

Anyways, AC Valhalla just got pre-ordered and I don't regret it one bit...:ehh:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

its current gen xbox one x's and ps4 pros thats holding us back. tisk tisk. They've said as much. what some of you and other youtubers have been fearing ended up being true after all.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should've just released just for this gen then "remastered" it for next gen a couple years later :mjgrin:
not a few years later. lol. naw that wasnt going to cut it.

It's the reverse issue. they're done with the next gen/pc versions they need more time to make sure everything is legit on the lesser console current gen version. it is what it is. which one of yall idiots are sending them death threats?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if the current-gen is really the problem then I'm ok with waiting until I want to get the new console

people are selfish this year has shown that in more ways than one
from what I'm hearing they develop with the pc in mind and then scale it down for the console
this is exactly what happened. because its much easier to do it that way. especially when you want to pack in tons of features and great graphics,animations, etc. you make it FIRE for PC so at least you said you did what you said you were going to do. and then the console version(current gen) is a much lower version of the game. still solid but no match for the pc version at all and all your PC master race friends will tell you as much. BUt then came next gen consoles which are as powerful or more powerful than any mid level PC they were making it for back in the first few years. so this means, wait.. so you saying we can make a FIRE GAME on console too without doing a ton of downgrading? GREAT...OOPS, crap we forgot about downgrading for CURRENT gen console. Uhhhhhh...
^^thats what happened.

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix

EarnestEverlastingDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

Problems us next gen brehs don’t gotta worry about :blessed: