"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
But breh, this game started development in 2013, literally the start of last gen. There was no “next-gen” hardware for which to optimize it. They literally had only last gen hardware as a guideline. This is totally on them.

You realize this thread was created in 2013? two years before the witcher 3 even came out.

Next gen dev kits have been around from 3-5 years. They could have abandoned this generation or took the bold stance to develop only for this generation. The game has literally been in development this long solely because of the number of platforms they've had to develop for.

The problem is, development proved this game was too optimistic for the current generation so it would have been a fraction of the game we expect to get - whenever we actually get it.

This would have been an easier decision to make if there was an established cut-off.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Next gen dev kits have been around from 3-5 years. They could have abandoned this generation or took the bold stance to develop only for this generation. The game has literally been in development this long solely because of the number of platforms they've had to develop for.

The problem is, development proved this game was too optimistic for the current generation so it would have been a fraction of the game we expect to get - whenever we actually get it.

This would have been an easier decision to make if there was an established cut-off.
Didn’t know this. But how is this possible if the new AMD architecture and price point hasn’t even been announced yet?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Didn’t know this. But how is this possible if the new AMD architecture and price point hasn’t even been announced yet?
I don't understand the question...you don't think that multi-billion dollar corporations who have multi-million dollar contracts with each other get access to and are involved in the development of said product until you hear about it?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand the question...you don't think that multi-billion dollar corporations who have multi-million dollar contracts with each other get access to and are involved in the development of said product until you hear about it?
I don’t think they could predict these next gen specs, no. Up until 2018, these gpu prices had been artificially inflated because of the crypto bubble, no one knew when that would pop. The rate at which technology moves, I don’t think it’s possible to predict several years in advance what a $450 bill of materials can buy you.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I don’t think they could predict these next gen specs, no. Up until 2018, these gpu prices had been artificially inflated because of the crypto bubble, no one knew when that would pop. The rate at which technology moves, I don’t think it’s possible to predict several years in advance what a $450 bill of materials can buy you.
The architecture is planned out and developed by MS, Sony and AMD ahead of time. What does pricing have to do with their roadmaps?

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
aacmcu19m8a51.jpg
OJC was speaking the gospel but you fukks were hating on him this summer :ufdup:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
How you start making the game for current gen 7 years ago then not have it ready for current gen?

Dunno why dudes would want them to release it to only pc users and next gen users either. Current gen users are their major buyers. It always was.

I still think this is a major case of them being overly ambitious with them wanting to do everything at the same time, it ain't just because of old consoles. The excuse they put out sounds hella suspect :mjtf:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
if the current-gen is really the problem then I'm ok with waiting until I want to get the new console
How you start making the game for current gen 7 years ago then not have it ready for current gen?

Dunno why dudes would want them to release it to only pc users and next gen users either. Current gen users are their major buyers. It always was.

I still think this is a major case of them being overly ambitious with them wanting to do everything at the same time, it ain't just because of old consoles. The excuse they put out sounds hella suspect :mjtf:
people are selfish this year has shown that in more ways than one
from what I'm hearing they develop with the pc in mind and then scale it down for the console