"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Playing Phantom Liberty :whoo:

Comrade’s Hammer upgrade :whew:

How do quickhacks work now I’m playing on my original play though first but then I have a Netrunner character that I’ll do next

You can queue hacks now and there are skills that give bonuses to it. Some skills do more damage the more control hacks you have on a target. Hacking builds were good in the original but they are STUPID powerful now. Especially with smart guns being in the same stat build and the changes to cyberware.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
New Updates & 60+ Mods. It's almost like I'm playing this for the first time again. Still in the opening act & I'm in no hurry. :wow:

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-12-13-2023-9-29-29-PM.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-12-10-2023-8-59-14-PM.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-12-14-2023-2-33-52-AM.png

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-12-14-2023-2-34-48-AM.png

Oh, and..:dead:

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-12-14-2023-2-28-24-AM.png

giphy.gif

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This is the hyperbole I'm talking about. I bought the game at launch and played it through to completion, there was nothing extra I had to do to make it playable or run. It just had the occasional glitch but nothing that broke the game. Even now in hindsight you managed to type all that without even naming what about it was so unfinished, because outside of YouTubers making glitch compilations people online were mainly whining about dumb shyt like not customizing their genitals or QOL stuff like more apartments that got added to these lesser updates. The base game as it was had a fully fleshed 25+ hour story campaign with side quests.

This is noting like truly unfinished games at launch like Fallout 76 which released with a fraction of the quests, items and NO NPCs whatsoever. Or No Man's Sky which released as a big empty ass universe with absolutely nothing to do and they straight up lied about the initial multiplayer. Cyberpunk released as a full length game with bugs that mostly effected PS4 players. There is a clear difference. That's why all the narratives from y'all sheep ass nikkas are aging like dogshyt and the game was still selling a lot while people who probably didn't even play it were trying to force a "it flopped" narrative.

The better police AI and shooting from cars doesn't make it a completely different game. The overhaul to cyberware and clothes don't make it a completely different game. If you actually read what's improved from Phantom Liberty nothing added is that drastic.

Sony backed off of that dumb ass move to remove it from the PlayStation store because at some point they realized the game was still selling and being played on other platforms. It dawned on them that they were being influenced by a loud minority on the Internet, a running theme of the past decade.

TL;DR

Either you're gaslighting or genuinely doing some revisionist history shyt here because this is completely untrue

Someone back then even made a comprehensive report on how flawed Cyberpunk was at launch for the developers that you can find online

Crafting system was broken, level scaling system was broken, skill progression tree was completely broken, just to name a few notable issues with the game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Either you're gaslighting or genuinely doing some revisionist history shyt here because this is completely untrue

Someone back then even made a comprehensive report on how flawed Cyberpunk was at launch for the developers that you can find online

Crafting system was broken, level scaling system was broken, skill progression tree was completely broken, just to name a few notable issues with the game.
how are you defining "broken"?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"broken" :mjlol:

nikka I don't need to take some internet sensationlist's word for anything, I actually bought and played the game.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

You can go through this very thread and see all of us talking about the game at launch. None of those things were broken. Level scaling was generous but not actually broken. Please explain what you mean.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You can go through this very thread and see all of us talking about the game at launch. None of those things were broken. Level scaling was generous but not actually broken. Please explain what you mean.

Level scaling in enemies (and crafting) operated on a very steep exponential curve where if you reached a certain level, enemies would become ridiculously powerful. You would easily notice this if you tried taking down the cyberpsychos at a high level in the launch game.

Crafting and upgrading had the same problem, where if you reached a certain level, it wasn't even worthwhile to participate in these mechanics because it became way too costly in terms of resources and you were better off using the weapons you found.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I remember it being the opposite. You could hit level 50 extremely fast and enemies didn't stand a chance. Stealth builds were too powerful as the multipliers on headshots and criticals even with silenced weapons ended up 1 shotting everything except boss level characters.
Crafting was not as good as it was now but it wasn't actually broken. In fact I think part of the issue with the item/crafting system at launch was the sheer amount of them. So many items, so much junk, and much of it in combination with the throwables made for an odd upgrade loop.

However, both of the systems worked - they just weren't optimized. A broken system would mean your character actually didn't level correctly, the skill trees didn't mesh, or level scaling didn't work at all so stats would not matter. Skill trees were confusing for some, but if you took a few minutes (and read all the tutorials) it wasn't difficult to grasp.

I do remember the cyber psychos being damn difficult at launch but it is still the same now. At the beginning of the game you just don't have the tools to deal with them. Part of the issue is you get introduced to the first few cyber psycho missions mere minutes after the prologue section ends with little knowledge about all the game systems. Understandably you get rolled - and you should. They are supposed to be so difficult that only Max Tac deals with them. Consequently, this is also a larger feature of Cyberpunk 2077 in that the entire map and a good ~70% of gigs, NCPD missions, stores, apartments, and characters are open post prologue. The game doesn't hold your hand or give you a warning, everything is available. This can be helpful or a detriment depending on how you're trying to play the game.

As I originally stated, none of these system were actually broken. A truly BROKEN system means things do not work. They worked, and although not fully optimized, none of these system prevented the game from being played. That is what a broken system does and the people who portrayed that were doing it for attention and youtube views. To say those specific systems were truly broken would be a lie. The game had plenty of unfinished features or things totally cut out for sure. The combat loop, story, missions, and skill trees were pretty much intact at release.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Say hi to Lucy for me Song:mjcry:

Even though you used me I still believe in you:mjcry:
Amazing DLC:wow:

Unleashing them Blackwall AI’s :damn:

V can’t set one foot of Night City territory :pachaha: