"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's funny to get this game the the inevitable "redemption arc" narrative. All that really happened is the developer released a broken game early and got the time they needed to complete the game on the back end after release. People are now gushing about this game and the bad behavior is rewarded.

This vey thread shows you some of us liked the game at release and didn't have as many problems as others. Especially playing on PC. The developer was under pressure from stockholders to keep their promises and released a game with 75% of the promised features. They overpromised and under delivered (partly due to Covid) but what was released wasn't some unplayable shyt for 90% of the people that bought it.

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
Just finished my first run of this game, bought it during the Black Friday sales. Played the DLC and the Main Story. Game had me hooked :whew:. 105h in total. Completed every side quest and gig, and Last time I enjoyed a game like this it was AC Odyssey.

Maybe I’ll try a second playthrough with a different build some time in the future.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This vey thread shows you some of us liked the game at release and didn't have as many problems as others. Especially playing on PC. The developer was under pressure from stockholders to keep their promises and released a game with 75% of the promised features. They overpromised and under delivered (partly due to Covid) but what was released wasn't some unplayable shyt for 90% of the people that bought it.
Man this game was getting roasted back when it came out. People posting GTA San Andreas videos saying the cop logic was better in a PS2 game than in this one. CDPR was allegedly washed as a developer. I don't think I ever saw a fire sale so quick on such a high profile game. You hear people talk about the game today and you wouldn't even know that stuff happened when it came out.

Went from people collectively dumping on this company to an award winning game.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man this game was getting roasted back when it came out. People posting GTA San Andreas videos saying the cop logic was better in a PS2 game than in this one. CDPR was allegedly washed as a developer. I don't think I ever saw a fire sale so quick on such a high profile game. You hear people talk about the game today and you wouldn't even know that stuff happened when it came out.

Went from people collectively dumping on this company to an award winning game.

Fam I'm going to tell you the same thing I said 3 years ago when this game came out:

The internet has a mob mentality. The VAST majority of people saying they returned the game were lying. A ton of the claims were overexaggerated because people wanted to knock CDPR off the high horse. People love to mob in on a downfall. People were jumping for joy when game platforms allowed 100% returns on the game and had to eat that L when CDPR announced they were still profitable despite the number of returns.

You had "gaming journalists" shytting on the game and singing its downfall. People with decent video cards could play the game and for the most part had little to relate to with the experience internet smurfs were crying about. Sometimes a studio really does deserve shyt for lying and releasing absolute garbage. CDPR released an overhyped game but it was not trash and you could actually see where they were going with the missing features. Most importantly, the actual story to the game was top notch and the combat was very good. The people complaining are the same type that love to complain about everything so they can feel part of movement. The same losers who cried about that Harry Potter game but had 200 hours on the thing a week in. You should know people lie to fit in.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I played up to the point of no return on stadia when this first dropped. I'm not usually one to do second playthroughs but I might have to make an exception for this :jbhmm:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Played the shyt out of this game at release 3 years ago and plan to get Phantom Liberty after I upgrade my PC. I was able to play it damn well but it would be nice next year to go all in on a 4K rig and experience this and Dying Light 2 all over again with everything cranked.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam I'm going to tell you the same thing I said 3 years ago when this game came out:

The internet has a mob mentality. The VAST majority of people saying they returned the game were lying. A ton of the claims were overexaggerated because people wanted to knock CDPR off the high horse. People love to mob in on a downfall. People were jumping for joy when game platforms allowed 100% returns on the game and had to eat that L when CDPR announced they were still profitable despite the number of returns.

You had "gaming journalists" shytting on the game and singing its downfall. People with decent video cards could play the game and for the most part had little to relate to with the experience internet smurfs were crying about. Sometimes a studio really does deserve shyt for lying and releasing absolute garbage. CDPR released an overhyped game but it was not trash and you could actually see where they were going with the missing features. Most importantly, the actual story to the game was top notch and the combat was very good. The people complaining are the same type that love to complain about everything so they can feel part of movement. The same losers who cried about that Harry Potter game but had 200 hours on the thing a week in. You should know people lie to fit in.
Agree. I bought the game at launch and had a great time. The game did have it's bugs but most of the faults people dumped on it for was CDPR being overambitious. There was an almost spoiled brat mentality for the complaints on some of the shyt that was omitted and the removal from the PlayStation store was an absolutely corny example of how far the hate bandwagon has gotten.

Yes it had bugs but it wasn't as crazy as people made it out to be. Far buggier and less ambitious games come and go that people still eat up. It's wild to see people making excuses for Pokemon Scarlet & Violet and "charming" Bethesda jankyness in Starfield after the shytstorm that was kicked up over this.

I'm enjoying the retribution CDPR is getting after Phantom Liberty. :salute:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Has anyone done a throwing weapon build? I'm really loving this throwing knife thing I got going. Think I'm going to finally craft a javelin and see what happens when I harpoon some of these goons :mjlol:

The sound effect when you knife someone in the face and they stagger holding their cheek is *chef's kiss*

They have such a good combat system to build off of for the sequel.

EDIT: I'm dumb. The javelin is just a mod. Damn I wanted to be Captain Nemo up in this bytch.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It's funny to get this game the the inevitable "redemption arc" narrative. All that really happened is the developer released a broken game early and got the time they needed to complete the game on the back end after release. People are now gushing about this game and the bad behavior is rewarded.
It's funny cause I love No Man's Sky and they did the exact same shyt.. I guess the reward is wrong... But they always have the option to say "fukk y'all" and not do a thing.. So them giving us everything and more, for free, is pretty amazing

I guess it's like a dude punching you in the face and then giving you $100,000... Yea you can't big up that behavior or everyone will punch you in the face... But then again, he could have just punched you and not given you shyt, so you gotta be thankful for that

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Has anyone done a throwing weapon build? I'm really loving this throwing knife thing I got going. Think I'm going to finally craft a javelin and see what happens when I harpoon some of these goons :mjlol:

The sound effect when you knife someone in the face and they stagger holding their cheek is *chef's kiss*

They have such a good combat system to build off of for the sequel.

EDIT: I'm dumb. The javelin is just a mod. Damn I wanted to be Captain Nemo up in this bytch.
Reflex+Cool

Cool has a skill tree dedicated to knife throwing

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Agree. I bought the game at launch and had a great time. The game did have it's bugs but most of the faults people dumped on it for was CDPR being overambitious. There was an almost spoiled brat mentality for the complaints on some of the shyt that was omitted and the removal from the PlayStation store was an absolutely corny example of how far the hate bandwagon has gotten.

Yes it had bugs but it wasn't as crazy as people made it out to be. Far buggier and less ambitious games come and go that people still eat up. It's wild to see people making excuses for Pokemon Scarlet & Violet and "charming" Bethesda jankyness in Starfield after the shytstorm that was kicked up over this.

I'm enjoying the retribution CDPR is getting after Phantom Liberty. :salute:
Y'all both bullshytting. A company comes out and tells you in black and white, exactly what a game will be, what the features will be, and how it'll work to perfection, then don't do it, that's not a mob mentality.. That's people wanting what the fukk they was promised. Everybody loved The Witcher, nobody wanted a downfall. These writers sucked witcher dikk from day one and still are, they didn't want to go against them.. Sony for damn sure isn't into refunding shyt and hasn't done it for any other game. Why would they want to lose money doing that type of shyt?

It's clear as day they released an unfinished game and you want people to say "Oh it's fine cause it kinda plays right when you do A, B, and C." Nah, that's not what is supposed to happen at all. If they released THIS 2.1 game on day 1, nobody would have any complaints.. But they wanted your money now, so they tried to flim flam gamers and it didn't work

Y'all over here saluting getting played