"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Thanks for the advice but what's wrong with Warp Dancer? All is does is slow time and shyt. Is there something better.. wtf is edgerunner...*googles* holy shyt I guess I should watch this anime first...
Its not the best equipment really. There's ways to get around the cooldown.

Also.... you don't 'really' need the sandevistan for blade builds anymore - the amount of damage mitigation you can get from cyberware and dash in general is fukking nuts. I'm probably ditching it entirely for this run and going back to hacking. You can do way more with control quickhacks than people realize now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
honestly every build should have 20 tech. that cyberware boost is too noticeable to drop
yeah its honestly like..... cheating yourself by not having the ability to use cyberware

if there's ever some sort of challenge to go through the game full-natty or no augmentations or something, maybe

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
also ftr

kerenzikov is still bugged on controller. the dash/ads timing has to be damn near lined up and even then it still won't activate 100% of the time

in theory you should be able to slow time, stack focus, and line up ricochet shots between air dashes

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Popped up on twitter:

F7cyIuKXYAAngMc

F7cyLfkXIAELoE3

F7dQpzNXUAAS43b

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Thanks for the advice but what's wrong with Warp Dancer? All is does is slow time and shyt. Is there something better.. wtf is edgerunner...*googles* holy shyt I guess I should watch this anime first...
Warp dancer is just the worst offensive Sandevistan in the game long-term. And if you're running time dilation for damage mitigation... then just dodge the bullets while time is slowed. And if the slow time isn't slow enough to dodge them, then all the more reason to pivot to something else.

Granted, all Sandy talk is negligible until you're level 30 tbh. At that point, the second-best damage one is available and gives 70% time slow. Running it with a cooldown reduction cyberware based on kills will do a bunch. My character in combat is in slow time more than normal time and I haven't had a fight last more than 2 activations of Apogee since... I got it, basically. But that's a lvl 40 cyberware. I'd suggest just going Dynalar or whatever until you're 30+ and then running one of the non-Warp Dancer Sandevistans with a quoted nickname - they're the top 2 without a doubt.

As someone else said: running 20 tech is too useful to avoid for almost any build. Legit; they did all this skill-tree overhauling just to put us where we were before the update: still guaranteed to need 20 in tech to not be directly self-gimping. Especially since the highest Sandevistans are capacity-expensive. Even the second-best costs 39 capacity :sadcam: I think the one I'm using is 50?

When I'm saying Edgerunner I'm meaning the 20 capstone in the tech tree. Let's you go over cyberware limit for a health reduction. And the pre-reqs for it will give you more armor, stat buffs to cyberware and new cyberware slots. TBH, it's probably the best 20 skill in the game. I've been running a throwing/blade stealth build built around throwing axes/daggers and Optical Camo... and even with those things, Tech is still the only tree with a final skill unlocked. Mostly because I'm running multiple cyberware with costs over 40. I think... 4? Motherfukkers are expensive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i ran dynalar most of the way until i got the militech “apogee”, slows down time 85% so enemies are basically frozen.

Basically its a trade off of whether you want it to last longer or slow them down more but they are mostly dead by the time im done anyway

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
i ran dynalar most of the way until i got the militech “apogee”, slows down time 85% so enemies are basically frozen.

Basically its a trade off of whether you want it to last longer or slow them down more but they are mostly dead by the time im done anyway
ain't even that, since Apogee gets 20% duration extension from kills it even lasts longer than the others. And can be toggled on/off at will. I'll turn it on, kill a group and turn it off while I assess the next group to go after, and it'll be mostly recharged to full by the time I toggle it off because of the Axolotl 11% recharge-per-kill. I've actually gotten it to recharge faster than it was being used.

I spent about an hour in the yellow jacket from Edgerunner getting my Martinez cosplay on because it felt like that. The greatest defense is moving too fast to get hit:wow:Paired with the bullet deflect and the fact that it works on daggers.. yeah. I did a solid 10 hours of gameplay time in Dogtown never firing a gun or using a health item, killing everyone with the yellow pip I could see like a cyberpsycho.

Gotta say... that Optical Camo relic ability is broken. Like in possibly unintended ways.
Being able to hit a 'nope' button for combat at any time combined with the amount of recharge you can get on it... I've just dropped out of boss fights mid-combat to reposition. I'm running real phantom shyt - either move too fast to be seen, or be straight up invisible.

Next run'll be a body/intelligence netrunner probably. Hacking, smartguns and a bat.