"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
They live in night city and at least one of them is a fairly major player in the games universe.

But this question ain’t really focused, if doesn’t specifically matter that they know each other everything is just so disconnected otherwise. You literally influence a mayoral race and there’s nothing that comes from that in the scheme of things.

They made it seem like night city was about to be all interconnected like The Wire or something with the street shyt and politics mixed with this cyber shyt. It’s absolutely not.

If y’all can’t see that, that’s fine but if you played the Witcher 3 or mass effect or even red dead redemption, fukk it even games like Fable 3 and fallout 4 or grand theft auto San Andreas or vice city. The shyt you do in the world changes the eorld somehow. I wiped out a whole gang and nobody even mentions it in passing. There’s no news coverage at the bar, npc interactions are completely irrelevant most of the time. Shyt in Skyrim people ask you about the werewolf quest line or make corny comments about how nice you are with the sword or enchanting. People are worried about dragons.

What do people care about in night city? Nothing sticks out.

Nothing you do really affects the world at large, yet, the game is specifically about a game changing artificially created cyber technology.
I mean thats also kind of another theme to cyberpunk setting as whole. No matter what you do the corps always win. It's a big part of why a lot of ppl don't like the endings in this either, this isn't really your typical rpg power fantasy. The few of the arguably "best" endings are basically pyrrhic victories. You've lost too much to get here, they don't feel like wins.

Don't even have to look at V, look at Johnny. He let off a nuke in the middle of a city it didn't change shyt. Bartmoss destroyed the internet and it didn't change shyt.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean thats also kind of another theme to cyberpunk setting as whole. No matter what you do the corps always win. It's a big part of why a lot of ppl don't like the endings in this either, this isn't really your typical rpg power fantasy. The few of the arguably "best" endings are basically pyrrhic victories. You've lost too much to get here, they don't feel like wins.

Don't even have to look at V, look at Johnny. He let off a nuke in the middle of a city it didn't change shyt. Bartmoss destroyed the internet and it didn't change shyt.

You may be right if that’s supposedly the entire theme… that nothing matters in general.

As it stands If I beat the game I must’ve enjoyed something about it I just felt like it was missing obvious things that made other rpgs great. I felt like every thing I did had nothing to do with anything else in the world I was existing in which I just didn’t think made any sense.

But if that’s the point…. Then hey it is what it is.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
In night city you either become legend or fade away...both options end with you dead lol

If the relic chip didnt have nanites eating away at your brain or if ALT was able to turn them off the ending would be tolerable...:beli: how an A.I. cant program machines to self destruct makes no sense to me... chalk this shyt up to bad writing...

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
If the relic chip didnt have nanites eating away at your brain or if ALT was able to turn them off the ending would be tolerable...:beli: how an A.I. cant program machines to self destruct makes no sense to me... chalk this shyt up to bad writing...
It's really hinted throughout the game that you were completely fukked from the jump. You died in that junkyard. The biochip didn't "save" you to help Silverhand, it immediately started taking you over. There was never any hope of saving you. The V we play as for the rest of the game outside of the prologue isn't really V. It's a mix of V & Johnny that goes more Johnny as time progresses.

Like someone said on the last page, the writing is actually subtle and brilliant. I was surprised. There's a LOT in here about the nature of consciousness, the soul and so on and they aren't bombastic with it. Game has excepts from Grudjieff for christ sake lol. That's some deep esoteric pull. Sadly I don't think ppl were expecting or wanted that level of head ass shyt.

the game is part horror story

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's really hinted throughout the game that you were completely fukked from the jump. You died in that junkyard. The biochip didn't "save" you to help Silverhand, it immediately started taking you over. There was never any hope of saving you. The V we play as for the rest of the game outside of the prologue isn't really V. It's a mix of V & Johnny that goes more Johnny as time progresses.

Like someone said on the last page, the writing is actually subtle and brilliant. I was surprised. There's a LOT in here about the nature of consciousness, the soul and so on and they aren't bombastic with it. Game has excepts from Grudjieff for christ sake lol. That's some deep esoteric pull. Sadly I don't think ppl were expecting or wanted that level of head ass shyt.

the game is part horror story

its still a horrible ending because no matter what V dies.. :dead: bad writing in a scifi game :scust: disgusts me...

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Lowkey the thought of someone actually overwriting your consciousness and taking your body is scary as fukk:huhldup:

A lot of the moments where V blacks out or the relic malfunctions had me :picard: playing in first person. Fantasy/sci-fi games don't disturb me like that but those moments in particular spooked me the fukk out

That Arasaka ending where breh had no color in his vision and was struggling to learn how to use his hands again:to:

fukkers had the nerve to ask you if you want your soul/engram become property of arasaka so they can "find you a body later" :camby:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Lowkey the thought of someone actually overwriting your consciousness and taking your body is scary as fukk:huhldup:

A lot of the moments where V blacks out or the relic malfunctions had me :picard: playing in first person. Fantasy/sci-fi games don't disturb me like that but those moments in particular spooked me the fukk out

That Arasaka ending where breh had no color in his vision and was struggling to learn how to use his hands again:to:

fukkers had the nerve to ask you if you want your soul/engram become property of arasaka so they can "find you a body later" :camby:
One of the bleaker endings tbh. Why ppl expect a corp to do right by you after everything you see in the game

:mjcry:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They live in night city and at least one of them is a fairly major player in the games universe.

But this question ain’t really focused, if doesn’t specifically matter that they know each other everything is just so disconnected otherwise. You literally influence a mayoral race and there’s nothing that comes from that in the scheme of things.

They made it seem like night city was about to be all interconnected like The Wire or something with the street shyt and politics mixed with this cyber shyt. It’s absolutely not.

If y’all can’t see that, that’s fine but if you played the Witcher 3 or mass effect or even red dead redemption, fukk it even games like Fable 3 and fallout 4 or grand theft auto San Andreas or vice city. The shyt you do in the world changes the eorld somehow. I wiped out a whole gang and nobody even mentions it in passing. There’s no news coverage at the bar, npc interactions are completely irrelevant most of the time. Shyt in Skyrim people ask you about the werewolf quest line or make corny comments about how nice you are with the sword or enchanting. People are worried about dragons.

What do people care about in night city? Nothing sticks out.

Nothing you do really affects the world at large, yet, the game is specifically about a game changing artificially created cyber technology.

Honestly this is the kind of thing that doesn't interest me in the slightest when I play games, the "your choices don't matter" stuff. Has never bothered me in any game. :yeshrug:

As for the questlines not being separate and not converging I think that is a strength of the game; running around the place doing a bunch of completely different shyt with different characters and different narratives just makes the game seem "bigger" and more alive. It also fits in perfectly with what kind of protagonist V is.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yo no disrespect but are you short bus? You be saying some of the dumbest shyt I've seen on the board too consistently for me to think your a regular human.

You ever buy a video game, spend your $60-70 and enjoy the game until you get to the ending which ruins something you really liked playing. and you start asking yourself why did you even buy the game in the first place, why did they make this game? why the fukk did i waste my money??? :what:

Nikka you acting as if these video games dont be pissing you off with the bullshyt endings...:what: no disrespect or do you even play any video game?

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Nothing goes harder than this joint

68f.jpg