Cuba sees biggest protests for decades as pandemic adds to woes

Daps
We literally cause their issues with the sanctions we hit them with, same as Venezuela. All we have to do is lift the sanctions, but we'd rather people starve in order to force a change in their administration. The media not even mentioning the harsh sanctions we put on Cuba and Venezuela shows they're just a propaganda arm for the CIA when it comes to this shyt.

Also get the fukk outta my state y'all ruin everything.

In general I'm always gonna point the finger first at individuals if they're adults and remain ignorant or fail to seek out various sources of information. But I can't even begin to explain how paltry and pathetic of a job the local news stations did of reporting on the situation in Cuba last week.

I saw one segment on the morning news that I swear was framed in such a way that forced you to leave thinking that communism was the equivalent of a natural disaster. A force of nature that the Cuban government allowed to happen, and their failure to prevent "communism" was the sole reason for the protest. It was a local ABC news station and was just absolutely abysmal reporting considering that they actually put some legitimate time in covering the situation and wasn't just a 30 second stock news bite.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The effectiveness of Sanctions just show how much the global economy is necessary, even if you are a far left government.

:manny:

Daps
The effectiveness of Sanctions just show how much the global economy is necessary, even if you are a far left government.

What does this even mean my guy????? Russia is pretty right wing and capitalistic and we crushed their economy with sanctions. Being far left economically has never involved removing yourself from the global economy. That doesn't even make sense. Nationalized government assets would still do business on a global scale, the government (AKA the People) would simply benefit directly from what they produce rather than a private corporation.

Last edited:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is another example of what I call exaggerating. I learned on the internet that Cuba shut down the internet but uh everyone in today’s Cuba has a cell phone but absolutely no one even has internet in their home. I immediately call like what’s up I heard Internet was shut down yarda yadda. But I’m still calling you right now, I can still receive texts and attachments. So I gave a :yeshrug: and went back to my regularly scheduled activities. Chalk it up to once again Cubans just saying shyt just to say it. Big money also is seeming to have zero issues using WhatsApp to connect. The caveat I’d throw in here is ITS ALWAYS been difficult connecting to Cuba you see it a lot on very busy times like Mother’s Day. So I’m sure the whole island was going crazy trying to get in contact with people once these protests kicked off so some issues is not surprising.

Appreciate the honesty bruh, not no kool aid/propaganda shyt.

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the honesty bruh, not no kool aid/propaganda shyt.
Yeah that the problem I have with a lot of discourse. People are just trying to gain points for their side. No follow up on statements thrown out there or their implication. If you never were in Cuba it’s easy to be duped on both sides. The internet is out, wtf does that even mean in a Cuba context. But I get hate on both sides cause I’m strictly about the facts and not emotion.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What does this even mean my guy????? Russia is pretty right wing and capitalistic and we crushed their economy with sanctions. Being far left economically has never involved removing yourself from the global economy. That doesn't even make sense. Nationalized government assets would still do business on a global scale, the government (AKA the People) would simply benefit directly from what they produce rather than a private corporation.
I'm not the one running around blaming neoliberalism for everything.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Feels similar to the kinda trash diaspora rhetoric that Ethiopia has been dealing with. Sometimes it’s the a$$holes sitting comfortably in America that cause the most problems.

I guess my point is that just because some of the Cuban Americans are a hinderance in American issues doesn't mean the Cuban government doesn't do wrong shyt domestically and shouldn't have to be responsible to their people who are protesting there. I think a lot of people wrongly hold an idealistic view of the Cuban government that isn't seated in reality.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps