Cricket question

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If yuo watch a couple matches it becomes easier to follow,its really not that complicated.It just looks aesthetically odd if you didnt grow up around it at first but i dont see the comparison to baseball outside of batting and pitching...you will never learn the game thinking its similar to baseball...The way they throw and bat very different...

Whats funny is Caribbean cats hit the ball like a baseball player type swing,follow thru...whereas the subcontinent cats swing the bat really different they dont really follow thru and extend there arms for power they take more strategic angled type swings at the ball....first thing i noticed...

The Southern Asians are more wristy players because their pitches are slow but they turn/spin.

Caribbeans players, ever since the mid 90's their pitches have been slow (dont know what they were like before then) and low bounce and dont really offer much else so you have to hit the ball with much more power. But The Caribbean players have always been the most powerful/eye catching hitters going back to the 60's. Maybe even earlier but since Sir Garfield Sobers theyve had some of the most destructive hitters ever. Lloyd (he made the WI GOATS) Greenridge, Richards, Lara and now Gayle and depending on what side of the bed he gets out of Pollard

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxbwMKExFg"]yuvraj 50 in 12 balls - YouTube[/ame]

The best quick hitting you will probably ever see, since doing it faster is damn near impossible.

sorry @Kunty McPhuck

Last edited by a moderator:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Within a few weeks i will be placing wagers on these games thats the next step for me...

:whoa:

Cricket is known to be rigged, Teams throw matches (Pakistan) ... Umps give shady decisions.

Bet on Internatoinals, bet on player props, team runs etc.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:whoa:

Cricket is known to be rigged, Teams throw matches ... Umps give shady decisions.

Bet on Internatoinals, bet on player props, team runs etc.

:russ:
From what ive seen the umpires dont do sh1t and are barely involved in decisions...anything close goes to the judges in the replay booth...

Nice gig to stand there for 2 hours with a panama hat on making goofy hand waving gestures....

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
still have no idea what the formula is and been watching my whole life

Its fukkin :mindblown: I get the you got to score x runs by x overs but then when they change it up becaise of contant rain delays thru the innings and then they get their predictive score on its :dwillhuh:. I remember Shaun Pollock fukkin up the D/L vs you lot (i think) when the WC was in South Africa and it knocked them out. :russ:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Last edited by a moderator:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Its fukkin :mindblown: I get the you got to score x runs by x overs but then when they change it up becaise of contant rain delays thru the innings and then they get their predictive score on its :dwillhuh:. I remember Shaun Pollock fukkin up the D/L vs you lot (i think) when the WC was in South Africa and it knocked them out. :russ:
That was vs Sri Lanka

They give a player a paper with a shyt load of numbers on it like he doesn't have to focus on the match.

Dude out there solving the theory of relativity while a ball is coming at him 90 mph

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That was vs Sri Lanka

Thats right, I got it mixed up with the ETHERING you gave them in the 1st game of the tournament.

They give a player a paper with a shyt load of numbers on it like he doesn't have to focus on the match.

Dude out there solving the theory of relativity while a ball is coming at him 90 mph

*Awaits for them to introduces the thingy that a QB has his list of plays on*

Or to make it even more simple, have it scribbled on the bat with a magic marker

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I was up last night at 3am and i stumbled on an IPL match,they are on frequently over here (large indian population) I gave it some air time and it becomes more interesting when yuo know whats going on as with most things...

Within a few weeks i will be placing wagers on these games thats the next step for me...

Just stay away from the Indians & Pakistanis when making your bets.