Cricket question

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
I rate him better than Sachin. Sachin always had better players to bat with, fukkin stat padding whore :troll:

True Genius, I use to try and copy his backlift when i was younger, no wonder I always got out :lolbron:. Then again I was a fast bowler anyway, I just wanted to hurt people :pachaha:

My favourite Lara innings. He comes in @ 20/2 scores a 100 and is out with the score @ 136/3 vs The Convicts :mindblown:

Brian Lara 100 vs Australia 1999 Antigua - YouTube

It was really around that point that it really sunk in how much we stunk. On a Sri Lanka tour around 2000 or some shyt, Lara batting out his skin and the team still getting thrown in the bushes with ease. The loss of Ambrose and Walsh crippled the team.

Still, I'm kinda apathetic when we play these days, except vs the convicts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOSqtZik2c"]Glen McGrath vs Ramnaresh Sarwan, ugly incident in West Indies 2003 - YouTube[/ame]

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It was really around that point that it really sunk in how much we stunk. On a Sri Lanka tour around 2000 or some shyt, Lara batting out his skin and the team still getting thrown in the bushes with ease. The loss of Ambrose and Walsh crippled the team.

Still, I'm kinda apathetic when we play these days, except vs the convicts

Glen McGrath vs Ramnaresh Sarwan, ugly incident in West Indies 2003 - YouTube[/url

Yeah that was kicker losing those 2 within a year of each other. And I think that SL tour was the 1st since Walsh retirement. But the decline in the bowling was startin to show in the mid to late 90's. The Benjamins were ok, but were a drop off, Ian Bishop was never the same after the back injury, he was still good, but not as rapid as he was before the injury. And everyone else were far too raw or just couldnt handle the pressure of being NEXT after the last 25-30 years.

On that tour it was only Lara and Hooper who had any experience in the battin line up, everyone else was young Ganga, Sarwan, Gayle, Marlon. Them Sri Lankan pitches and Muralitharan were fukkers at the best of times when you have a full strength line up. Also No Shiv aswell. And to think Shiv didnt really start making a proper mark on the Test scene with consistent tons till 02/03.

Did you know that Curtley 'Talk to No Man' Ambrose only conceed 100 runs in an innings once in Test cricket and that was in his 1st ever Test :salute:

Curtley was my hero :lawd:

:pacspit: Those Convict c*nts & Glenn 5-0 McGrath

Daps
The Southern Asians are more wristy players because their pitches are slow but they turn/spin.

Caribbeans players, ever since the mid 90's their pitches have been slow (dont know what they were like before then) and low bounce and dont really offer much else so you have to hit the ball with much more power. But The Caribbean players have always been the most powerful/eye catching hitters going back to the 60's. Maybe even earlier but since Sir Garfield Sobers theyve had some of the most destructive hitters ever. Lloyd (he made the WI GOATS) Greenridge, Richards, Lara and now Gayle and depending on what side of the bed he gets out of Pollard

I not into criket but I read this interview thought it was pretty interesting
Debanjan Chakrabarti on Sportsmanship and Cheating | FiveBooks | FiveBooks
Grace is a very iconic figure in this whole discussion of sportsmanship and cheating, especially as cricket is seen as superior to other games for whatever reason. And yet, as we have seen recently and throughout history, an element of cheating still goes on.

Absolutely and this throws up very interesting questions about the framing of the rules because the rules of cricket were framed in England with some cursory consultation with Australia. If you look at what happened in the 1970s and early 80s – when the West Indian pace bowlers started dominating the game quite brutally and ruthlessly – suddenly the ICC changed its rules around fast bowling. All sorts of rules were introduced to hamper the fast bowlers! Similar controversy erupted with Muralidharan when he had Australians and the English batsmen under his spell and umpires – always, incidentally, white men! – started no-bowling him for chucking! The coincidence is too much and I think the colour prejudice is alive and kicking in cricket, as in other sports.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Really not going to see an innnings like that for a while b.

Some disrespectful hitting :wow:

Black excellence :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You watching that ipl?

I don't understand it

I wish sports net did not preview show for dummies

sent from royalty via tapatalk

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
[ame=http://youtu.be/qDoEoRQqVEE]Gayle smashes record books with berserk century - Man of the Match: IPL 2013 - RCB vs PW, Match 31 - YouTube[/ame]

Excellence :wow:

Hammer

Banned
Daps
85 replies on cricket?

lots of
mysmilie_3639.gif
in here

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
:wow: at the GAWD Gayle ... couldn't post last night

Needs to perform for the Windies more consistently.

Tendulkar turned 40, b*stard needs to retire before he gets exposed in SA.