Reppin
The Deep State
vlgWuzL.png

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Td jakes is one of the OG's of the prosperity movement. Benny Hinn is like the godfather, Jakes is the consigliere , Creflo and Eddie Long are the star pupils (ie Michael and Sonny), Mase is Fredo.....ie the nicompoop fukkup

Yep, The present day OGs. Lemme school yall on a couple OOG's. These cats were popular from the 1920s-60s

Father Divine

Father Divine created a philosophy that merged elements of Catholicism, Pentecostalism, Methodism, and positive thinking. Father Divine's followers believed that he embodied the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Mainstream Americans scoffed at this small African-American deity, but many in black America thought he was crazy like a fox. Father Divine used white disciples to buy property.

Sweet Daddy Grace

Used his unique worship style to birth a distinctive religious institution on the American scene. Many of his followers claimed miraculous acts of faith healing while attending services and others saw his ministry as a sign from God of the immanent return of Jesus Christ.

I ain't eem religious, I dropped all that a few years back when I went to college. I can't get behind the church, religion, and any of that stuff. I feel religion when studied, applied, and understood in proper context can be positive and I respect people's choice to be religious, go to church and all that. I just feel I can live my life without it.

The dynamic relationship between these leaders and their congregations has always fascinated me. I grew up near New Birth, Cathedral, Creflo church is in College Park, I been there once when I was younger. I think it's safe to say Atlanta is the mecca of these mega churches, HUGE "campuses," shyt is crazy. And the stories that come outta of these churches are movie material. Just google it

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
My grandmother has probably donated well over $100k to these scam artist over her life time. Every month she sends 10% of her salary to TD. Jakes, Creflo Dollar and those other preachers she sees on tv. :smh:

Ask her about finding a local church she believes in and going there and donating to them. The problem is people don't understand what the Bible says. The tithes started with the Israelites and is a way to acknowledge God and show Him that you honor Him. You give the tithes to help with what needs to be done around the church and the community, and the missions that your church has. If you find a church that has legit missions and donate to that church you won't have to worry about it. Everything has to check out with what's in the Bible though.

Last edited: