Creed (Official Thread)

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rewatching it again for the 3rd time. Still a good movie, but why not go to Apollo's trainer instead of his son? Apollo's trainer would have taken him in.

and I need that full blown fight between baby Creed and Stuntman.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Rewatching it again for the 3rd time. Still a good movie, but why not go to Apollo's trainer instead of his son? Apollo's trainer would have taken him in.

The sequel will probably have that Creed vd Stuntman official fight

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
Is he the winner/hero in this movie because the trailers make it look like he gets his azz beat

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The movie was good, but not all-time great to me. It's damn near the same exact movie as Balboa, so I'd rank it under that, and give it about a 4/5.

Why didn't he go to Duke as a trainer? What's he so angry about? It's been over 20 years dealing with being branded "Apollo's son" so you still haven't made peace with that? And even in following in his footsteps? I think that I would've liked it so much better if it focused soley on Adonis and Rocky dealing with the impat of Apollo's dealth. That's something that the movies have never focused on and this one only had a couple of lines here and there But it was very entertaining
you wouldnt get it if you werent adopted or grew up in group/foster homes

im 28 , adopted at birth and by the best possible parents and still theres a void you never get over knowin ya blood just gave you up like that.. at 28 i still aint never made peace with it - doubt I ever will..maybe when I have my own family and I can look at my kids and say I never left them like my blood did me.. at 18 my adopted parents asked if iw anted to meet/find my birth mother and I told them no cause fukk that bytch and everythin she stand for :manny: yall my real parents and thats what matters to me :manny:

its hard to explain and i doubt anyone who aint been through a similar situation could ever understand being abandoned as a child and the hate you have sometimes boiled up because of it :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Its hinted that he's retired. By the son mentioning "No one is going to train you"
Is basically saying that all the known boxing trainers in Cali have been given the word to not train Apollo's son. It was probably Duke (Apollo's trainer) who put that out there.

Like others have said it sets up Stuntman/Delphi vs. Creed/Balboa.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

im 28 , adopted at birth and by the best possible parents and still theres a void you never get over knowin ya blood just gave you up like that.. at 28 i still aint never made peace with it - doubt I ever will..maybe when I have my own family and I can look at my kids and say I never left them like my blood did me.. at 18 my adopted parents asked if iw anted to meet/find my birth mother and I told them no cause fukk that bytch and everythin she stand for :manny: yall my real parents and thats what matters to me :manny:

its hard to explain and i doubt anyone who aint been through a similar situation could ever understand being abandoned as a child and the hate you have sometimes boiled up because of it :manny:

Damn fam :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah

:mjcry:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:russ:
tumblr_nzhyw9gvuW1qa3emao3_500.gif

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was adopted to. My adoptive mother (aka my REAL mother) died when I was 22, in front of me.

Most people had 2 parents at 22, I lost 2 moms.

I thought I would never look for my birth mom - but at 30, I did.

Found her in a crazy way (thats a whole story), and found out why she gave me up - she was 21 years old and had gotten raped.

So, I dont believe in the " f-ck that b_tch" until you can have a real conversation with the people to find out what really happened. Because out of all my theories, that was by far the last one I wouldve ever come up with.

Just a thought.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I was adopted to. My adoptive mother (aka my REAL mother) died when I was 22, in front of me.

Most people had 2 parents at 22, I lost 2 moms.

I thought I would never look for my birth mom - but at 30, I did.

Found her in a crazy way (thats a whole story), and found out why she gave me up - she was 21 years old and had gotten raped.

So, I dont believe in the " f-ck that b_tch" until you can have a real conversation with the people to find out what really happened. Because out of all my theories, that was by far the last one I wouldve ever come up with.

Just a thought.

well I know why my mom gave me up, I was the youngest child, I had an older sister. she put us up both for adoption cause she was literally a hoe sleepin around (she didnt even know who was my dad she said to the lawyers/adoption agency she narrowed it down to 3 men :beli: ) , was on drugs while pregnant with me (her own words on my adoption papers :beli: my immune system is garbage cause of this weak bytch :camby: ) and once she put me up for adoption, she put my 4 year old sister up for adoption to.. she was only 25 so im sure she went back to doin what she did.. we was a burden on her life style.. a lot of people try to rationalize it with "well she did the right thing if she couldnt take care of you" nah the right thing would be to look at my older sister see she got her + 1 on the way and fix her life. she belonged to the game, and we wasnt a part of that plan.. who knows how many younger siblings I got :beli:

I almost aint even get adopted by the great parents I got adopted by because they said she aint even have taxi money and missed a lot of doctor appointments and adoption meetings :beli: my parents aint tell me these things til later when I was old enough to understand (in my 20s for this gem). this was in the 80s so no cell phones, so they couldnt even locate her bum ass a lot of the times :beli:

I used to have a lil glimmer of hope of that she wasnt a weak person until I was in my 20s and i was talking to this girl and she found out I was adopted and asked if it was an open or closed adoption.. I was like :dwillhuh: whats that ? so I looked it up and open adoption is when the birth parents can visit the kid whenever and a closed adoption is when they cant get in contact legally until after 18..

I was like man it musta been a closed adoption cause I dont even know this bytch name and she aint even try n get contact with me.. come to find out I had an open adoption and she just aint want shyt to do with me :pacspit:

Last edited:

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
I'm not the biggest Rocky fan so I went in with little expectations and a very basic understanding of the previous films in the series. I thought it was a great movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@FlyRy

After seeing Spotlight....Stallone still deserves best supp Actor. I'd say Creed is still a better movie. Although Spotlight is a haunting story that linger with you. I'd say Coogler still did a more impressive job directing as well.

I wouldn't be upset if Spotlight won best picture. It fits the Academy type film and is great. Just think movies like Mad Max and Creed were the top theater experiences of the year and movies that happened to be great as well.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

I thought Wood Harris was gonna have a bigger role...literally my only "complaint'