Creed (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Who's saying anything about having him win the fight? :why:

He could've lost in a hundred different ways in respectful fashion other than by split decision. Like have the fight stopped because of his swollen eye after taking another vicious punch in a round where he was starting to turn things around or something. They went for the copy/paste finale and it just kinda sucks because Stallone already did that himself with Rocky Balboa.
Nah its was still slightly different.

1. Rocky injured Apollo in the 11th round. The 12th round consisted of Rocky beating up an injured Apollo and then set up the great ending between Adrian and Rocky.

2. In Balboat I don't think Rocky really did that much in the final round. He just was amped up and put up a solid round.

3. In Creed we actually got to see Creed drop Ricky. There was far more tension in the final round. The music that was teased all film was dropped at the absolutely perfect time. It looked like he was about to win...and then suddenly he didn't.

It was better executed than in Balboa.

Now your idea...is actually something I thought of as an alternative. I wouldn't have had a problem with Rocky stopping the fight. It would have added to to the history of it because he didn't stop the Apollo fight. For a second I thought they were going the Babe (that'll do pig) route with Rocky saying you've done enough and then they have a big cry out.

Having said that what followed was executed in a way that elevated the movie just as well.

We get to find out his motivation. We get an awesome speech from Rocky. One that tops the back and forth before round 12 in Balboa. We get a brief moment of victory and then have it snatched way with Ricky able to get up in time.

It wasn't a huge mistake. It's a nitpick at best imo. :manny:

This movie was basically a love letter to the Rocky films. If the execution of it is right then thats good enough.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Just seen the Creed-Drago fight

My god this shyt is insane :scust:
Apollo allowing Drago to beat him to death :scust:
This Creed movie shouldn't have even happened the way it happened :scust:
Duke should've put an AK to this nikka's dome, fukk a Rocky match

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Damn I really really liked this movie. Like this might be one of my favorite movies ever :banderas:

This movie really resonated with me. So many dope scenes.

The hood riding with him on the dirt bikes :wow:

The ring entrances :wow:

I even loved the romance, when I'm not usually a fan of it in these types of movies.

This is the only full Rocky movie I've seen too.

I watched the HDRip but I'm finna go to the theatre this week and see it. I gotta support black excellence. :salute:

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
After watching the fourth and starting on the fifth, I have to say that Rocky might be one of the best movie franchises I've ever seen. Not done with 5 but every movie has at least been a 4* with II being one of the better movies I've seen.

The idea of a black man centric classic franchise :wow:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The dialogue in Five :scust:
shyt's always been solid at best but god damn Stallone sounding like he legitimately fukked his brain up :scust:
This kid as a star:scust:
Imma act like the series ended at 4 :scust:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just seen the Creed-Drago fight

My god this shyt is insane :scust:
Apollo allowing Drago to beat him to death :scust:
This Creed movie shouldn't have even happened the way it happened :scust:
Duke should've put an AK to this nikka's dome, fukk a Rocky match

I'm more shocked how Creed trainer allowed that to happen. I wonder if Adonis has any :demonic: thoughts about killing Drago?

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm more shocked how Creed trainer allowed that to happen. I wonder if Adonis has any :demonic: thoughts about killing Drago?
That'd be a fukkin amazin intro to the sequel. Adonis gets big, flies out to Russia, and beats the dog piss out an old man Drago

I'm sure Rocky would save him at the last second tho

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That'd be a fukkin amazin intro to the sequel. Adonis gets big, flies out to Russia, and beats the dog piss out an old man Drago

I'm sure Rocky would save him at the last second tho

It would be dope to see Adonis fight him and a rematch with Stuntman :whoo:

Or see him fighting against an older Mason "The Line" Dixon. :lolbron: