Creed (Official Thread)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Excellent movie. Ryan Coogler made a masterpiece and did justice to the Rocky legacy. Stallone brought his A game and gave a brilliant performance. He definitely deserves an Oscar nom for Best Supporting Actor. Michael B. Jordan ain't just Wallace anymore, he held his own in there. Probably some of the most realistic boxing scenes I've seen in a movie. The Rocky character didn't overshadow the movie which is a great thing IMO, he was a part of it just enough that you didn't get the sense you were just watching another Rocky movie.
Thats what really sold me on it being the movie of the year (i'm kinda a boxing head though)

but the fight scenes had me like
UdTfs.gif
even though I kinda knew what was going to happen

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hardly comparable but Coogler is clearly a far better director than Abrams. Coogler actually feels like an "auteur" (although it's far too soon to call him that), Abrams just shoots movies.

He didn't ask you though, he asked a person whose opinion actually matters.

Doesn't drop here in theaters until a month from now. :manny: I'm sure you're gonna whine about quality and stuff like you didn't spend a good third of your life watching VHS tapes like it was all good.

One of the stupidest things I've read on here.

Experience the one take boxing match on your laptop brehs

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaint is how dude was extremely raw, had just 1 semi professional fight with limited training and somehow got a title shot because of his name...

That was just really stupid IMO...They could of done a much better job building up to the Conlan fight...its not that difficult to film a montage stringing together 4 or 5 wins indicating Donnie is legit like they did with Tommy Gun in Rocky V...

He didn't need to be legit for us before the fight, he needed to be legit after. The fact that he wasn't legit on paper and was chosen for marketing reasons was a direct nod to the first Rocky film. Which is realistic to the way boxing operates.

Donnie had 15 semi-pro fights and 1 pro fight so they could market him as the 16-0 son of one of the most popular champs of all time, so the marketing makes sense. To put it another way, if you hear Mike Tyson's son has an undefeated record and is fighting Floyd Mayweather, are you asking who he beat or are you ordering the fight? Boxing matches are set up on marketing rather than the best match up.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
He didn't need to be legit for us before the fight, he needed to be legit after. The fact that he wasn't legit on paper and was chosen for marketing reasons was a direct nod to the first Rocky film. Which is realistic to the way boxing operates.

Donnie had 15 semi-pro fights and 1 pro fight so they could market him as the 16-0 son of one of the most popular champs of all time, so the marketing makes sense. To put it another way, if you hear Mike Tyson's son has an undefeated record and is fighting Floyd Mayweather, are you asking who he beat or are you ordering the fight? Boxing matches are set up on marketing rather than the best match up.
It doesn't work that way anymore...

This isn't 1945...

A champ in 2015 cannot pick a cab driver off the street for a title fight...You have to be ranked by one of the alphabet soup commissions which Donnie with ONE semi pro fight clealry could not be...You have to have some pedigree in the game either amateur or pro to get a sanctioned title shot...

The 15 fights Donnie had in Mexico don't even qualify as amateur let alone "semi pro"... They were untrained, unsanctioned bar room fights in Tijuana...He had no trainer till he met Rocky one fight before he fought Conlan...Rocky had Mickey and like 30 sanctioned fights before he fought Apollo...

and lol @ the tyson analogy...you clearly do not follow boxing if you think Floyd would be allowed to fight Adonis Tyson...

Floyd got torn up by the media for fighting Robert Guerrero...A two division champion with a 30-1 pro record...the first question is always who is this guy and who has he fought...undefeated fighting tortilla rollers and cab driver in Tijuana does not get you a title shot with the biggest star in the sport in 2015...

Bottomline is they did a terrible job building up to that Conlan fight...Donnie was far too raw for a fighter of Conlans stature in the movie (biggest star in the sport) to even consider him for a fight...

Rocky when he fought Apollo in the 70s had pro fights under his belt...Rocky wasn't some raw untrained kid who just got into pro boxing...

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You mean he asked a delusional douchebag who suffers from delusions of grandure on the reg? Oh yeah you're right my b

They're not "delusions" of grandeur if you're arguing with plebs who misspell "grandeur" because they don't know what grandeur looks like unless I posted a selfie.:ducreux:

One of the stupidest things I've read on here.

Experience the one take boxing match on your laptop brehs

Nothing stupid about it, a good movie is a good movie. If picture clarity made a real difference than those 4K nature documentaries would be the most amazing films ever made, instead of being just same-ass nature documentaries with a lot of details. :yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They're not "delusions" of grandeur if you're arguing with plebs who misspell "grandeur" because they don't know what grandeur looks like unless I posted a selfie.:ducreux:

Nothing stupid about it, a good movie is a good movie. If picture clarity made a real difference than those 4K nature documentaries would be the most amazing films ever made, instead of being just same-ass nature documentaries with a lot of details. :yeshrug:
Breh we have lived in an HD world for the past decade + and you make a retarded comparison to VHS :what:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I'm always amazed at how well you can type what with your head being up your ass and all :wow:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Breh we have lived in an HD world for the past decade + and you make a retarded comparison to VHS :what:

Nothing retarded about it, people have been able to enjoy movies for decades without a 4K backlight LED tv or 7.1 home cinema surround system. A good movie = a good movie, the end. So you can seem all disgusted that people would watch screeners, on a laptop or a phone no less (which I don't do btw), but it doesn't change the movie none.

I'm always amazed at how well you can type what with your head being up your ass and all :wow:

Well, there's a reason that on the darker parts of the internet they call me the Goatse-ling.:smugdraper:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nothing retarded about it, people have been able to enjoy movies for decades without a 4K backlight LED tv or 7.1 home cinema surround system. A good movie = a good movie, the end. So you can seem all disgusted that people would watch screeners, on a laptop or a phone no less (which I don't do btw), but it doesn't change the movie none.

Well, there's a reason that on the darker parts of the internet they call me the Goatse-ling.:smugdraper:

Those would be the parts of the Internet in caves or cats in their basements jerking off to Gosling?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I'm not arguing that what I'm saying is after HD TV, blurays, HD streaming, hd videogames, 4k theater screens etc i personally find it hard to go back to 20 year old technology. And the screener rips look even sub DVD. I had to turn off the steve jobs one because it hurt my eyes streaming to my tv.

Though maybe it was boredom :troll:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Side note you sick b*stard, apparently your crusade to restrict @satam55 posting privleges is picking up steam

I was just thinking this convo was getting really off-track, not sure if @satam55 and his wack-ass posting is the right subject to change to though.:russ:

I'm not arguing that what I'm saying is after HD TV, blurays, HD streaming, hd videogames, 4k theater screens etc i personally find it hard to go back to 20 year old technology. And the screener rips look even sub DVD. I had to turn off the steve jobs one because it hurt my eyes streaming to my tv.

Though maybe it was boredom :troll:

It probably was boredom. :yeshrug:

And if the screeners are really poor quality, I don't bother either, especially because I will be seeing them in theaters at some time regardless.