Creed (Official Thread)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Its on netflix

I saw it on Netflix (Still might be there) a few weeks ago after not seeing it in years.

Daps for both of you. Wish Netflix had a better notification system. When they add shyt they usually notify of shyt I've already seen recently or straight trash. :martin: Making me search for the good stuff.

shyt was like a Rocky movie. Everything he later tried to duplicate in Rocky 5, but couldn't :banderas:

One of the GOAT Cheesy movies

Yeah, I remember it being that way. Need more movies like that. :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Who did it better? JJ with SWFA or Coogler with Creed

Hardly comparable but Coogler is clearly a far better director than Abrams. Coogler actually feels like an "auteur" (although it's far too soon to call him that), Abrams just shoots movies.

I hate shytting on one person to prop up another but Creed is a better flick to me

He didn't ask you though, he asked a person whose opinion actually matters.

Screener or theater? :ufdup:

Doesn't drop here in theaters until a month from now. :manny: I'm sure you're gonna whine about quality and stuff like you didn't spend a good third of your life watching VHS tapes like it was all good.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Excellent movie. Ryan Coogler made a masterpiece and did justice to the Rocky legacy. Stallone brought his A game and gave a brilliant performance. He definitely deserves an Oscar nom for Best Supporting Actor. Michael B. Jordan ain't just Wallace anymore, he held his own in there. Probably some of the most realistic boxing scenes I've seen in a movie. The Rocky character didn't overshadow the movie which is a great thing IMO, he was a part of it just enough that you didn't get the sense you were just watching another Rocky movie.

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
wasnt as cheesy as i thought it was going to be. I can tell they had the black writer(s) had a big influence on the screenplay. Running through the hood with the youngin's popping wheelies; when he came out to 2pac hail mary was the best moment for me. Had its inspirational moments, not as much as i would have thought. Cookie cutter movie but it gets a couple points for the genuine "black" moments

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hardly comparable but Coogler is clearly a far better director than Abrams. Coogler actually feels like an "auteur" (although it's far too soon to call him that), Abrams just shoots movies.

He didn't ask you though, he asked a person whose opinion actually matters.

Doesn't drop here in theaters until a month from now. :manny: I'm sure you're gonna whine about quality and stuff like you didn't spend a good third of your life watching VHS tapes like it was all good.

You mean he asked a delusional douchebag who suffers from delusions of grandure on the reg? Oh yeah you're right my b

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
My only complaint is how dude was extremely raw, had just 1 semi professional fight with limited training and somehow got a title shot because of his name...

That was just really stupid IMO...They could of done a much better job building up to the Conlan fight...its not that difficult to film a montage stringing together 4 or 5 wins indicating Donnie is legit like they did with Tommy Gun in Rocky V...