Creed (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocky 4 will always be my favorite.I used to watch that shyt religiously when I was a kid.

I understand it's not the best film in the serious, just my fave.

Shyt is sheer, untapped adrenaline.Those training montages in Moscow can't be topped.

That soundtrack...wow:wow:

I always say that movie gave birth to my work ethic in sports.I'd be at the gym doing pump fake, jab step, layup drills telling myself "No pain..no pain" while hearing songs from that soundtrack in my head.

It's too special.....can't be knocked off the top spot.:mjcry:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
She said

"what if I went to your fight acting like an N"

Literally said like an N. I was like :dahell:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was very good. Although this is one is far better made, I remember resonating with Rocky Balboa a lot more, but that might've just been the nostalgia and making up for shytty-ass Rocky V. Or maybe it's because the big fight ends the same damn way as Rocky and Rocky Balboa did so despite it being very good and suspenseful like always, there was also that feeling of been there, done that. Regardless of that nitpick I got nothing but kudos for everyone involved, Coogler in particular who truly marks himself here as a director to look out for.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was very good. Although this is one is far better made, I remember resonating with Rocky Balboa a lot more, but that might've just been the nostalgia and making up for shytty-ass Rocky V. Or maybe it's because the big fight ends the same damn way as Rocky and Rocky Balboa did so despite it being very good and suspenseful like always, there was also that feeling of been there, done that. Regardless of that nitpick I got nothing but kudos for everyone involved, Coogler in particular who truly marks himself here as a director to look out for.

Who did it better? JJ with SWFA or Coogler with Creed

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Screener or theater? :ufdup:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I hate shytting on one person to prop up another but Creed is a better flick to me
I really wish I saw Star Wars before I saw Creed. I would probably appreciate it so much more. Its still good, just didn't feel as fresh as this movie.

But then again JJ did have a tougher task so I guess its understandable for him to make it seem very familiar.
Although this tweet is similar to how I felt

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really wish I saw Star Wars before I saw Creed. I would probably appreciate it so much more. Its still good, just didn't feel as fresh as this movie.

But then again JJ did have a tougher task so I guess its understandable for him to make it seem very familiar.
Although this tweet is similar to how I felt

Well I don't see why they have to be compared though. @FlyRy asked me about it on twitter a few weeks ago and I told him that they're trying to do two different things and aren't even in the same genre. What makes a Star Wars movie work is a tad different than what makes a Rocky movie work which is why I said I don't want to kill one to praise another. I prefer Creed to it because it feels like a more personal film but a good rocky movie should feel more personal and have more character stuff going for it. It's not about spectacle and space exploration etc. Star Wars has character stuff to it as well but it's also about escapism and just the feeling it gives you.

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Watched it and Sicario last night...I was a lil high but am I tripping or was Jordan overacting in some parts?? It was like the script was dope but dude was just delivering some of the lines kind of corny. Either way I got over it and it was still a good movie. shytted all over Southpaw :mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

Been ages since I've seen that movie. I think I was 9 when I last seen it and I barely remember it now. Gonna look for a download...

I saw it on Netflix (Still might be there) a few weeks ago after not seeing it in years.

shyt was like a Rocky movie. Everything he later tried to duplicate in Rocky 5, but couldn't :banderas:

One of the GOAT Cheesy movies