Creed (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And I can understand you wanting them to pump their brakes but their opinion saying it's better is no less valid than you saying it's lacking certain elements.

lol so what would you say to someone that thinks fan4stic four is better than the godfather...?

tumblr_inline_n4foafra0C1sew80h.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol so what would you say to someone that thinks fan4stic four is better than the godfather...?

tumblr_inline_n4foafra0C1sew80h.jpg

I'm saying it's not a far off connection breh. I can see how this movie would have an affect on someone where they say it's better especially if they're a black man or woman. You being a white dude breh, you get shyt catered to you every damn day of your life. The world is built around telling you that you're right and that everything serves you and is here because of the glory of you. So to be a minority and see a story told on screen that represents you in look and feel and maybe even emotion? It's going to go a long way with how you view something. That's not taking anything away from rocky because I'd put Creed under it but I'm not going to flip out of someone says they prefer it over rocky because i get it

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm saying it's not a far off connection breh. I can see how this movie would have an affect on someone where they say it's better especially if they're a black man or woman. You being a white dude breh, you get shyt catered to you every damn day of your life. The world is built around telling you that you're right and that everything serves you and is here because of the glory of you. So to be a minority and see a story told on screen that represents you in look and feel and maybe even emotion? It's going to go a long way with how you view something. That's not taking anything away from rocky because I'd put Creed under it but I'm not going to flip out of someone says they prefer it over rocky because i get it

okay but for a second let's continue under the assumption that creed is an average flick. again i know you don't feel that way, but for the sake of discussion i want you to humor me and pretend that it is.

what if 20-30 years into the future there are more minority leads in movies and the idea of a black main character is far more commonplace. would future generations really have the same kind of appreciation for a generic, forgettable movie without that same context?

at the end of the day a movie i believe a movie needs to stand on it's own. it's story, it's characters, and it's narrative.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
okay but for a second let's continue under the assumption that creed is an average flick. again i know you don't feel that way, but for the sake of discussion i want you to humor me and pretend that it is.

what if 20-30 years into the future there are more minority leads in movies and the idea of a black main character is far more commonplace. would future generations really have the same kind of appreciation for a generic, forgettable movie without that same context?

at the end of the day a movie i believe a movie needs to stand on it's own. it's story, it's characters, and it's narrative.

And to me it does. I can't assume what you assume because I disagree.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's his 2nd Golden Globe nomination. He got one back in 78 for Best Original screenplay for Rocky. He lost the oscar for Best Actor and lost for Best Original Screenplay Oscar and Golden Globe.

I can't believe Rocky won best picture over Taxi driver. As well as Network and All the Presidents men

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
okay well pretend we aren't talking about creed. pretend we are talking about a unanimously terrible movie with a black lead.

And then it goes back to my original statement: could the movie or this general movie we're discussing be rejected or forgotten in years regardless of its emotional attachment to a group? Yes. Of course. All I'm saying is right now the odds lean more the direction of that not happening with this one. Could be wrong but I'm also not trying to predict the future. In the right now, it works for me and seemingly working for most.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And then it goes back to my original statement: could the movie or this general movie we're discussing be rejected or forgotten in years regardless of its emotional attachment to a group? Yes. Of course. All I'm saying is right now the odds lean more the direction of that not happening with this one. Could be wrong but I'm also not trying to predict the future. In the right now, it works for me and seemingly working for most.
fair enough.

but you better be ready 10 years from now to have this discussion again...:wtb:

actually by that point we will probably get a spiderman reboot with miles so we'll be able to have the same debate all over again. :gladbron:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I actually disagree with that.... I think the main points were VERY unpredictable like

So when he went to his dad's old gym and fought buddy that ultimately knocked him out. I thought he was going to see him again, matter fact I thought dude was gonna be like the main antagonist to him this whole movie and I thought in the end they would fight and he'd finally beat dude.

But then that swerve came and he got a broken jaw and I was like bet maybe they just gonna have him fight a few fights in montages and maybe get to Conlan..... but when that trainer made that call to Rocky.... that threw me off.

And finally, when they got in the ring with all the training, all the sacrifice, all the emotion, and all the fights they had to go there to get to that point, I knew it was gonna be a war, but I actually thought they was going to let Creed upset this dude and beat him in the 12 and become the new world champ in his first pro fight. So when Conlan got up, I was looking at him like he was looking at Creed when he knocked him out briefly

I feel you but no way they were gonna let Creed win the fight. It was a win by him even making it competitive. And you know Rocky had to train him. But I digress... I was more talking about the overall structure of the movie. Like someone else said, it's the same for all Rocky movies. I wasn't mad or anything. Just an observation.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I feel you but no way they were gonna let Creed win the fight. It was a win by him even making it competitive. And you know Rocky had to train him. But I digress... I was more talking about the overall structure of the movie. Like someone else said, it's the same for all Rocky movies. I wasn't mad or anything. Just an observation.

I dont know breh.... I thought they really were going to go with the happy/sad ending that he won the title..... but then Rocky dies.... but maybe he's at his graveyard with the title finally having peace in his heart type shyt