Creed (Official Thread)

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm still astonished that people rate the first few Rocky movies so high. I mean they are good but they aren't exactly masterpieces. The boxing in those movies could use some work
Creed imo is the best Rocky movie end of story
Better writing,Better acting, Better story, Better more realistic boxing...it just goes on
Yeah. The character Rocky himself is great and the soundtrack was top notch but the movies themselves were never really anything special to me. I like Balboa better than any of the previous films and Creed is the best one yet IMO.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i can't wait to see this!
i'm a huge fan of the 1st 4 rockys (even though by the 4th 1, it wasn't quite the same)
but i'm hype as hell for this movie :ohlawd:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn.... just saw this movie and MAN.... this was a GREAT movie. I've always loved the Rocky franchise growing up and MBJ is impressing me more and more with his work sans Fantastic L. This movie didnt go like how I expected they had some nice minor twist to it and they big spoiler that came out last year, didnt go down like how I thought it was.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm still astonished that people rate the first few Rocky movies so high. I mean they are good but they aren't exactly masterpieces. The boxing in those movies could use some work
Creed imo is the best Rocky movie end of story
Better writing,Better acting, Better story, Better more realistic boxing...it just goes on

creed definitely does not have better writing or a better story than the first rocky and that is objectively fact and i doubt that adonis creed can even become HALF the cinematic icon that rocky balboa is.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Just got back from it. I originally had little interest but checked it out because of you brehs. I love boxing and used to box for a little bit and I love film so here are my thoughts.

-The storyline was good but very predictable I was literally telling the person I went to see it with every thing that was gonna happen next. But this isn't a complaint, I'm just into minutia. For example, when they went to hotel I was like, "now would be a good time to bring the girl back into the picture." and after that I was like, "they need to have his mom show support before the fight" and bam he got them trunks.

-I didn't like the girl's music AT ALL. They should have had ROJO da gawdess do her music. It's the same style and would have fit well.

-The love story didn't detract from the movie. Thank GAWD.

-The pacing was pretty fast in the beginning and I was wondering how they were going to have him go from fighting one legit fight to fighting the champ but it worked.

-There were a lot of parallels in this movie. His "mom" visiting him in juve, Rocky visiting him in jail. etc.

-The movie captured the authentic feel of Philly pretty well.

-There were a lot of sad moments. I had to catch myself a few times. :whew: Movie had me thinking about my own mortality at times.

Overall the shyt was a good movie. Joint had me hype and shadow boxing in my seat. :russ: I'm gonna add it to my motivating movies collection. MBJ did a great job and I salute his dedication to being a boxer. His speedbag and rope game is on point. Not to mention how ripped he was. nh :damn:

I actually disagree with that.... I think the main points were VERY unpredictable like

So when he went to his dad's old gym and fought buddy that ultimately knocked him out. I thought he was going to see him again, matter fact I thought dude was gonna be like the main antagonist to him this whole movie and I thought in the end they would fight and he'd finally beat dude.

But then that swerve came and he got a broken jaw and I was like bet maybe they just gonna have him fight a few fights in montages and maybe get to Conlan..... but when that trainer made that call to Rocky.... that threw me off.

And finally, when they got in the ring with all the training, all the sacrifice, all the emotion, and all the fights they had to go there to get to that point, I knew it was gonna be a war, but I actually thought they was going to let Creed upset this dude and beat him in the 12 and become the new world champ in his first pro fight. So when Conlan got up, I was looking at him like he was looking at Creed when he knocked him out briefly

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I just hope Feige would allow dude FREE REIGN, but if Ava and Feige bumped heads prior to this get gives me concern that Feige would be all over his creative freedom.

Yea, but even "free reign" needs a path or sense of containment..... no matter how much people may love Black Panther, imagine how trash it would be if Marvel just said "fukk it, do whatever you want to do" then all of a sudden dude thinks its a good idea for BP to be an American BP from Brooklyn that get some kind of toxic waste spilled on him on a traffic accident as he was running from the law and it literally transforms him into a Black Panther, with Laser eyes, and he can fly and shyt so he just fly through the inner city and scaling walls fighting thugs and his finally villain is some italian trynna take over some blacks property and shyt:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::whoa::rudy:

Ava probably mad cuz she could make a BP movie in 1800's Africa where he's fighting Apartheid

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
creed definitely does not have better writing or a better story than the first rocky and that is objectively fact and i doubt that adonis creed can even become HALF the cinematic icon that rocky balboa is.
Gotta agree....