Creed (Official Thread)

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Almost every fukking time I've asked a person if they've seen the movie. I get "It was good? :what:"

I'm like yes mothafukka :dahell:

Anybody else getting these type of responses? People actually thought this wouldn't be good? shyts annoying

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Almost every fukking time I've asked a person if they've seen the movie. I get "It was good? :what:"

Anybody else getting these type of responses? People actually thought this wouldn't be good? shyts annoying

My dad had no desire to see it but said yes just because he was bored and ended up loving it :russ: i mean people who aren't engrossed with film like we are would probably hit the "it was good?" because they see it as another rocky movie and I don't know many people who were aching to see another rocky movie.

Also a nice touch that I noticed: Adonis leaves a white collar job working in high finance because it doesn't fit him while Rocky's son couldn't wait to be a part of that world because he didn't fit in Philly and Rocky's world of boxing

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Going Weds to see it
Me and my boss takin our sons
I told the brand new 7 year old Kingpin and this guy was like "YESSSSSSSS!!!!!":damn:
Lol

Yo he got this view master but not like us old heads had when we was little
This shyt is a virtual reality view master!!!!!
:mindblown:

I been playing with his toys more than him so far :deadmanny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Still trying to convince my brother to see it :snoop:

*explaining how dope it was* :ooh:

"Yea...but thats Rocky" :ld:

:martin:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:ehh:
“Adonis has a lot of fights,” Coogler told BuzzFeed News in a phone interview. “We wanted each fight to tell its own story, and we wanted them all to build up to the final moment when he kind of becomes who he was meant to be.”

“Adonis starts off this film wanting to get a trainer, and about a third of the way through the film, he gets his wish,” said Coogler. “He gets Rocky training him. It’s a really important moment, because those of us who are fortunate enough to have our dreams come true, we have that moment happen, and then it’s like, holy shyt, it’s really scary.”

Coogler, a former collegiate football player, continued: “I’ve been through that as an athlete. I’ve been through that as a filmmaker. I’ve been through those moments when you ask people to give you a shot, and then you get it, and all of a sudden, it’s like, there’s no more excuses, I’ve got my shot, and now it’s the scariest thing in the world, because if it doesn’t work out, it’s my fault. That’s what this fight was for Adonis. He finally has somebody in his corner, and all of a sudden was nervous, because he didn’t want to let them down. There’s no more excuses. If it doesn’t work, it’s on him.”

“What’s really interesting about boxing is you have this trainer who’s there for you, who’s there as a support system, but when the bell rings, that trainer leaves you in the ring completely alone,” said Coogler. “It’s just you, the ref, and this other guy who’s trying to knock your head off.”

The Story Behind The Astonishing One-Take Boxing Scene In "Creed"

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Another response I get. This shyt is ridiculous...and it's even more ridiculous it's coming from black people :what:

Breh, not every black person feels the need to see any and every flick because one of us is in it. If that's the case, every single brother in here should've ran out to see the latest tyler perry flick and went to see him in the cinema classic, Cross.

The rocky franchise doesn't have the esteem of other franchises. Like I said before, there wasn't a lot of clamoring for another rocky flick...from anyone lol. Ryan willed this flick into existence because he had a great idea and a personal story he wanted to tell and wouldn't stop until it happened.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh, not every black person feels the need to see any and every flick because one of us is in it. If that's the case, every single brother in here should've ran out to see the latest tyler perry flick and went to see him in the cinema classic, Cross.

The rocky franchise doesn't have the esteem of other franchises. Like I said before, there wasn't a lot of clamoring for another rocky flick...from anyone lol. Ryan willed this flick into existence because he had a great idea and a personal story he wanted to tell and wouldn't stop until it happened.
Nah I'm not saying every black person should feel the need to see this. I'm saying from watching the trailer, they should see it's more than "It's just another "Rocky" movie" in the sense of it just being some white dude boxing is all.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah I'm not saying every black person should feel the need to see this. I'm saying from watching the trailer, they should see it's more than "It's just another "Rocky" movie" in the sense of it just being some white dude boxing is all.

They won't see that breh. They'll see "oh it's a movie about Apollo Creed's son. You know, Apollo Creed. The guy who got killed in the ring by a Russian fighting machine while James Brown sang in the background"