Creed (Official Thread)

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Almost every fukking time I've asked a person if they've seen the movie. I get "It was good? :what:"

I'm like yes mothafukka :dahell:

Anybody else getting these type of responses? People actually thought this wouldn't be good? shyts annoying

i think most people thought it was gonna be some cash-in garbage until they saw the trailer. that's what sold me.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In a weird way, I felt like this movie made Rocky V more important, because we saw Rocky get burned before, which is why he wouldn't train that other dude in the gym ("I don't do that no more"). But he made an exception for Creed and it paid off for both of them. When Creed flipped out and went to jail, and argued with Rocky, Rocky could have been thinking, "well, here goes Tommy Gunn all over again."

Rocky V has always been the worst one and always will be, but I could tolerate it more after Rocky Balboa gave the series a proper ending. Now, I think I might like it a little more, because it pays off so well in Creed. That's a hell of an accomplishment by Coogler. In a way, he did what the creators of Spectre tried to do by uniting all of the Daniel Craig films, except he succeeded. Rocky I, II, and Balboa always stood fine on their own, but III-IV-V now have a little more resonance. Before, I could watch I-II and Balboa and you'd get a complete story that stood on its own, but now a better, deeper story plays out over all 7.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The FIghter got 7 nominations.:patrice:

Creed is a better movie :manny:

Then again, not technically a boxing movie, but Warrior was better than that as well.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In a weird way, I felt like this movie made Rocky V more important, because we saw Rocky get burned before, which is why he wouldn't train that other dude in the gym ("I don't do that no more"). But he made an exception for Creed and it paid off for both of them. When Creed flipped out and went to jail, and argued with Rocky, Rocky could have been thinking, "well, here goes Tommy Gunn all over again."

Rocky V has always been the worst one and always will be, but I could tolerate it more after Rocky Balboa gave the series a proper ending. Now, I think I might like it a little more, because it pays off so well in Creed. That's a hell of an accomplishment by Coogler. In a way, he did what the creators of Spectre tried to do by uniting all of the Daniel Craig films, except he succeeded. Rocky I, II, and Balboa always stood fine on their own, but III-IV-V now have a little more resonance. Before, I could watch I-II and Balboa and you'd get a complete story that stood on its own, but now a better, deeper story plays out over all 7.

Yep. I watched it the other day....and oddly didnt hate it. Plus the Father/son themes were there in that. Watching Creed added to it. The sad irony is that he lost his son again, but has someone more humble as a protege. Then again Tommy was influenced by the other Duke.

Another interesting connection (ignoring the poor connection from IV to V where his son grew about 4 years in a few months timeline) is that fighting Drago for Apollo's honor is what basically caused him to retire in the first place. Yea, Paulie screwed up the finances, but he couldnt take on any fights for cash to set themselves back up. That extra layer makes the "he didnt reach out to Apollo's wife" all the more interesting. She's living lavish, etc and Rocky is broke. Maybe he had some resentment/regret for taking on that fight to honor Apollo.

I'm making this far more complicated than what it is, but still :heh::ehh:

Daps
hope this film matches the acclaim...wasn't feeling the last flick(SOC) which was hyped to death on here(then again that could be cause of my bias toward the subject/characters) and the trailer's for this didn't really move me..:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
nikka it's 10 bucks :what:
nikkas still buying movie tickets like like all this shyt don' the web within the week :ufdup: i mean sports movies usually bore me but the buzz this is getting has piqued my interest and i want to see if it's legitimate...if i do decide to catch this at the movies to be during morning our afternoon hours...for $10 dollars a nikka might as well wait to the blue ray come out:comeon:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
nikkas still buying movie tickets like like all this shyt don' the web within the week :ufdup: i mean sports movies usually bore me but the buzz this is getting has piqued my interest and i want to see if it's legitimate...if i do decide to catch this at the movies to be during morning our afternoon hours...for $10 dollars a nikka might as well wait to the blue ray come out:comeon:
It sounds like you watch CAMS I doubt you'll buy the Blu ray :skip:

Daps
It sounds like you watch CAMS I doubt you'll buy the Blu ray :skip:
what:dwillhuh: nah ..i haven't bought a movie in years but more of a DVD type dude and s and a even a couple of old VHS tapes(which i actually prefer) but said blue ray cause i didn't want to sound out of touch with the times:russ:

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Almost every fukking time I've asked a person if they've seen the movie. I get "It was good? :what:"

I'm like yes mothafukka :dahell:

Anybody else getting these type of responses? People actually thought this wouldn't be good? shyts annoying

I was :wow::whoo::blessed::ooh::whew::ohlawd: tellin my fam during thanksgiving how amazing this film was, and they were all :ld::stopitslime::rudy::childplease: straight pissin me off. Im a filmmaker myself and they know when I praise somethin it should be taken serious, especially for a young black filmmaker who pulled off something that NEEDS to be supported. I was legit gettin heated which never happens but it was different because I think this is one of the best films I have ever seen...

Breh, you need to support the young breh Ryan Coogler, not many black filmmakers in Hollywood get this opportunity, let alone someone 27 years old (when he wrote the film and got the greenlight from Stallone). The sales legitimize his place as a bankable filmmaker, he needs all the support he can get...

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was :wow::whoo::blessed::ooh::whew::ohlawd: tellin my fam during thanksgiving how amazing this film was, and they were all :ld::stopitslime::rudy::childplease: straight pissin me off. Im a filmmaker myself and they know when I praise somethin it should be taken serious, especially for a young black filmmaker who pulled off something that NEEDS to be supported. I was legit gettin heated which never happens but it was didfferent because I think this is one of the best films I have ever seen...

Breh, you need to support the young breh Ryan Coogler, not many black filmmakers in Hollywood get this opportunity, let alone someone 27 years old (when he wrote the film and got the greenlight from Stallone). The sales legitimize his place as a bankable filmmaker, he needs all the support he can get...

Nah don't do that. Just keep stealing money and complaining about how no young black directors or actors get their shots

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
:smh:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
When dude dropped that ether on Adonis at the concert :demonic: everyone was :damn:
tumblr_n618w6lEDC1txufzyo1_400.gif
:mjcry:

what ether, I'm lost did i miss something:ohhh: