Creed (Official Thread)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt it, Rocky Jr was a soft ass bytch in "Balboa" too and didn't like being in Rocky's shadow. It tied in well :yeshrug:
No he's right that's why he looking at a baby picture not guy from heroes .
Just got back from seeing it...

The movie was amazing... Especially the final act.

yeah, it's unrealistic for a virtually unknown fighter to jump up and beat #1 p4p fighters but that's where it stopped for me.

I thought the movie was great. Much more realistic than I thought it would be in the boxing aspect. Fight sequences were amazing (not just wild hooks like in the old movies). There was actually a lot of slipping, rolling, parrying, checking, step-arounds, etc. a lot of actual boxing techniques and they made sure they put some slugging in between but they did it intelligently. You can immediately tell they worked with a lot of skilled boxers/trainers when making this movie.

The love story wasn't corny at all. It was actually pretty cool/different with her being a def singer like that.

The scene with him running with the motorbikes was dope but I can see it being corny to some.

MBJ reminded me of a couple of homies in this movie... relentless, confident, shyt talker even when losing, loyal, hot tempered, dedicated, loner.

Definitely one of the best movies in the series
i gues since he beat the 3rd rank fighter it's suppose to Make it more believable

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Excellent film, I saw it last night in a theater full of black folks and we were into it as if it were a real fight. The cinematography was great, it was well acted and the realism of the fighting really put it over. This should win some awards, it will win some awards, but we'll see which awards.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Only thing i didnt like about bianca is that she got upset that he knew rocky and was apollo son, like why did that matter

Probably just a chick with trust issues :manny:
Excellent film, I saw it last night in a theater full of black folks and we were into it as if it were a real fight. The cinematography was great, it was well acted and the realism of the fighting really put it over. This should win some awards, it will win some awards, but we'll see which awards.
Agree.
Yea this shouldnt just win BET awards. :mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Watched Rocky V the other day. (Yea I know its not that good.)

Just noticed an interesting connection.

In V he trained Tommy Gunn who had father issues. His dad was there, but use to beat him up a lot. Tommy said he eventually beat up his dad and that every time he steps into the ring he's imagines fighting his father. Rocky felt sympathy for him. The connection between that and Creed is Rocky mentioning "At least you had a dad to beat up." Rocky had father issues as well. So he felt guilty about Apollo dying and he also has a soft spot for people who really never had a "father"

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Father to the fatherless

In V he trained Tommy Gunn who had father issues. His dad was there, but use to beat him up a lot. Tommy said he eventually beat up his dad and that every time he steps into the ring he's imagines fighting his father. Rocky felt sympathy for him. The connection between that and Creed is Rocky mentioning "At least you had a dad to beat up." Rocky had father issues as well. So he felt guilty about Apollo dying and he also has a soft spot for people who really never had a "father"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Only thing i didnt like about bianca is that she got upset that he knew rocky and was apollo son, like why did that matter

It's the whole honesty thing. Women normally don't like being mislead breh

He also has a connection to these kids who want to box and need a father figure breh seeing as how his kid didn't want to follow in his footsteps.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"My diet was the biggest change. I ate five times a day, drank a gallon and a half of water a day. I trained two to three times a day, sometimes five days or six days a week. It was intense, even weight lifting and boxing. They treated me like a real fighter. All the fighters in the film are professional boxers. I trained with their trainers, had hours of rehearsal, choreography and practice, just trying to become a fighter as best as I could."- MBJ

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
"My diet was the biggest change. I ate five times a day, drank a gallon and a half of water a day. I trained two to three times a day, sometimes five days or six days a week. It was intense, even weight lifting and boxing. They treated me like a real fighter. All the fighters in the film are professional boxers. I trained with their trainers, had hours of rehearsal, choreography and practice, just trying to become a fighter as best as I could."- MBJ
All he ate was broccoli chicken fish and brown rice with one cheat day a week. :wow:

THE LIFESTYLE :ahh: