Creed (Official Thread)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well, looks like i am clearly in the minority. everyone i spoke to enjoyed it. maybe i need to watch it again, i don't know.

just felt like a real sloppy movie to me. :manny:

i cannot BELIEVE there are people saying it's as good as rocky.
Wait what ? You serious ! Movie was amazing and a great spinoff /continuation of rocky . Granted the self taught Donnie being as good as he is was unrealistic but let this movie be great. I really felt donnies pain in that moment with Bianca at the door . :to:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Wait what ? You serious ! Movie was amazing and a great spinoff /continuation of rocky . Granted the self taught Donnie being as good as he is was unrealistic but let this movie be great. I really felt donnies pain in that moment with Bianca at the door . :to:

I always took that as being a naturally gifted boxer like his dad. But he didnt have the polish.

Just like we knew brehs growing up who had great basketball handles or a someone who throw a football really well, but never played organized.

We all knew someone who was a great athlete that never really lived up to their potential for whatever reason. Just in this movie he never pursues it because fear of Apollo/his wife and the shame behind it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always took that as being a naturally gifted boxer like his dad. But he didnt have the polish.

Just like we knew brehs growing up who had great basketball handles or a someone who throw a football really well, but never played organized.

We all knew someone who was a great athlete that never really lived up to their potential for whatever reason. Just in this movie he never pursues it because fear of Apollo/his wife and the shame behind it.
Well your right me and my girl discussed that cause she was like could I suddenly become a boxer and fight for the belt . And first I was like automatically like no but then I was like maybe technically I could if for some reason the boxing commission gave the go ahead. And plus with him he was a boxing prodigy seeing as how he made light work of the #3 I think he was p4p so despite his lack of professional fights that's pretty impressive

Daps
Reppin
NYC

see that's the thing, i felt absolutely nothing about their relationship. i thought it was about as cliche a movie romance as you are going to find. it lacked the charm and it lacked that depth that rocky had with adrian.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Last edited:

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
:mjcry: stupid fukking allergies... :mjcry:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one...

This movie marries the "fun" of Rocky III+ Origin and Growth of character from I/II, and the hype meter of IV.

It does what Rocky V tried to do but couldn't, infuse hip-hop culture into a pre-existing brand....I've never seen anything quite like it.

Going back tomorrow w/ my girl. Best picture nomination is more than deserved. Favorite film of 2015, sorry Fury Road.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
im confused

why the hell are Paulie and Adrian's grave right next to each other..just because they both knew Rocky doesn't mean the graves go together?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see that's the thing, i felt absolutely nothing about their relationship. i thought it was about as cliche a movie romance as you are going to find. it lacked the charm and it lacked that depth that rocky had with adrian.
:yeshrug: guess that's you breh idk what to say I loved it

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
just came back from watching this movie.....:whoo:

GOAT boxing movie. period. this WILL be up for best picture, and stallone WILL be nominated for best supporting actor, stallone is a hollywood legend and he solidified it w/this performance.

i've seen raging bull, hurricane, all the rocky's, ali, the fighter, all of em - this is the best one. period.
go see this movie.
i think its better than all the rocky movies, besides maybe 1

but better than Raging Bull :whoa: