Creed (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:

Breh. This movie was 2hrs and 10 mins....but it almost FELT like 3 hours of material...without feeling a drag time of a 3 hour movie. There is so much stuff in this movie. If that makes any sense.

Characters were 3 dimensional. I dont think I've seen too many movies that had "predictable moments" executed as well as this in a long time.

Warner Brothers needs to fight hard to get this movies some nominations :ufdup:

Warner Bros gave us TWO classics in one year with Fury Road & Creed :banderas:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just thought about this.... aside from Drago (which was technically an expedition fight, with only Creed thinking it as an expedition fight), Rocky Balboa was the ONLY FIGHTER that even (barely) beat Creed, professionally.

Yea, its clear that Apollo is viewed as a "Ali" type in this film. So many other Rocky movies inform us just how much Rocky means to Philly. But globally this talked about how great and important Apollo is.

The
PTI scene asking if him having an outside kid hurt his legacy
Speaking of which....this does have a bit of Ned Stark/Jon Snow thing going on :patrice::ehh:

I thought an underrated scene was the
Kid on the dirtbike asking him, "are you Apollo Creed's son?" Earlier he felt disrespected by it (probably was) when the rapper said it to him. But at that moment instead of viewing it as burden, as a bad thing, as something that has kept him in the shadows.........his reaction was that of the kid on the dirtbike. "Thats whats up man" The grin afterwards sold it.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Holy shyt. :wow: this movie

Every so often, a flick comes a long that gets me to go with it on the ride and and grab me. This was one of them. I can't really think of a single thing I'd change. The way the boxing was filmed, the emotional arc, the montages, the allusions to the Rocky series, the acting, the direction, it was all pitch perfect. It's perfect as a Rocky movie but even better as its own thing and its own story about this angry guy who feels like an outcast because someone didn't want him and doing everything to prove he belongs:wow:Nothing felt forced, everything felt natural and it's probably the 2nd best performance of Sly's career, the first being the original Rocky. Michael B is doing the damn thing and adds so much to the character just through simple looks or the words he doesn't say and questions he doesn't answer. Even the music got me hype. Knocked out fury road as my favorite of the year
:whoo:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
just came back from watching this movie.....:whoo:

GOAT boxing movie. period. this WILL be up for best picture, and stallone WILL be nominated for best supporting actor, stallone is a hollywood legend and he solidified it w/this performance.

i've seen raging bull, hurricane, all the rocky's, ali, the fighter, all of em - this is the best one. period.
go see this movie.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:whew: just got back from it, very well done movie. They fit a lot in without having it feel like it was dragging at all. #SOG popping up out of nowhere :ohlawd:. I liked Southpaw but this was definitely better to me. Loved it and everyone in the theater seemed to also.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:whew: just got back from it, very well done movie. They fit a lot in without having it feel like it was dragging at all. #SOG popping up out of nowhere :ohlawd:. I liked Southpaw but this was definitely better to me. Loved it and everyone in the theater seemed to also.

it got a standing ovation in the theater i was in...shyt was crazy man, I may go see it again.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, its clear that Apollo is viewed as a "Ali" type in this film. So many other Rocky movies inform us just how much Rocky means to Philly. But globally this talked about how great and important Apollo is.

The
PTI scene asking if him having an outside kid hurt his legacy
Speaking of which....this does have a bit of Ned Stark/Jon Snow thing going on :patrice::ehh:

I thought an underrated scene was the
Kid on the dirtbike asking him, "are you Apollo Creed's son?" Earlier he felt disrespected by it (probably was) when the rapper said it to him. But at that moment instead of viewing it as burden, as a bad thing, as something that has kept him in the shadows.........his reaction was that of the kid on the dirtbike. "Thats whats up man" The grin afterwards sold it.

That WAS an underrated scene and really the turning point of the film. Something that small too.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just came back from watching this movie.....:whoo:

GOAT boxing movie. period. this WILL be up for best picture, and stallone WILL be nominated for best supporting actor, stallone is a hollywood legend and he solidified it w/this performance.

i've seen raging bull, hurricane, all the rocky's, ali, the fighter, all of em - this is the best one. period.
go see this movie.

Yea, I wasn't going that far to put it there with Raging Bull just yet...even though A LOT of those fight scenes paid just as much homage to Raging Bull as it does with the OG Rocky. But this film shyts on Hurricane, Ali, Million Dollar Baby, Ali, and all of the other boxing genre films. This is BLACK EXCELLENCE at its finest!

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
God I need to see this movie again. Can't believe some people think Southpaw is better :scust:

Also looking at twitter pretty much everyone agrees that Creed was a great movie.

I'm telling you breh. The movie was better the 2nd time around. I watched it and still tried to digest what I saw (thought it was great, but still needed to see if I missed some things) I saw it again immediately afterwards (something I never do...shyt I hardly even go to the movies breh...) and it was even better.