Creed (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Day later and I'm still thinking about this movie. It did everything right. As a boxing movie and as a drama. And for this to be this guys second movie is crazy. To go from fruitvale to this is night and day and he did things with that camera in the ring that hadn't been done yet.

If the rocky franchise consisted of the first movie, the second, balboa and this one, it'd probably be the greatest ever for real. Stallone put in work I haven't seen him do in years. And the relationship between he and Adonis had so many layers to it.

Loved the layers of the relationship with Bianca too and it being a nice metaphor for overcoming things and just accepting you can't change the past, something Adonis needed to really deal with. Remember the past but don't become a slave to it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I honestly been blown by that statement all day. Every time I think about the movie, I think about that post like :mindblown:

:russ: I mean it's like he saw the YouTube version of rocky with just the fights and the end. Missed everything else. Like Paulie and Adrian living together, him calling her his sister, going up to rock on some "aye homie, are you fukkin my sister?" All of that shyt. And then had the nerve to get defiant about it like everyone else is wrong and like it wasn't spelled out in five fukkin movies :deadmanny:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Day later and I'm still thinking about this movie. It did everything right. As a boxing movie and as a drama. And for this to be this guys second movie is crazy. To go from fruitvale to this is night and day and he did things with that camera in the ring that hadn't been done yet.

If the rocky franchise consisted of the first movie, the second, balboa and this one, it'd probably be the greatest ever for real. Stallone put in work I haven't seen him do in years. And the relationship between he and Adonis had so many layers to it.

Loved the layers of the relationship with Bianca too and it being a nice metaphor for overcoming things and just accepting you can't change the past, something Adonis needed to really deal with. Remember the past but don't become a slave to it.
:ld: this is not just his second movie. He's been on the scene for years playing major roles.

The wire
chronicle
fantastic 4
red tails
and i'm pretty sure more

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Thoughts on the motorbike scene:jbhmm:

I thought that shyt was tough :yeshrug: But seeing a lot of complaints about it. Saying it didnt fit the movie :patrice:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thoughts on the motorbike scene:jbhmm:

I thought that shyt was tough :yeshrug: But seeing a lot of complaints about it. Saying it didnt fit the movie :patrice:

It was an homage to the scene where rocky was jogging through philly and everyone tagged along with and followed him. What was wrong with it? Lol not every scene of a movie is cause for dissecting and chopping up. Cats go way too far with this shyt sometimes. It's thanksgiving weekend and dudes are worried about a scene which is clearly an homage to the first movie