Creed (Official Thread)

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie sold out at the 3 nearest theater...damn im pissed...i thought everyone would be out shopping

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:mjcry: stupid fukking allergies... :mjcry:

Best trailer (whether fan made or not) I've seen in a very long time.

That last part with Apollo "Now its your turn. Its your turn now."
21o3bb6.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad I wasn't the only one...

This movie marries the "fun" of Rocky III+ Origin and Growth of character from I/II, and the hype meter of IV.

It does what Rocky V tried to do but couldn't, infuse hip-hop culture into a pre-existing brand....I've never seen anything quite like it.

Going back tomorrow w/ my girl. Best picture nomination is more than deserved. Favorite film of 2015, sorry Fury Road.

People are trying to knock Coogler from the Best Director, Screenplay and Best Pic noms because they say its so similar to Rocky. So there wasnt anything "new" brought to the movie. They got it wrong in my opinion.

It would be a damn shame if Coogler doesnt get nominated for at least something.

If this movie isnt nominated then it confirms that only Slave movies are oscar nom worthy. Crazy thing is this was a feel good movie for all races. So many people of different backgrounds shared conversations with pure joy immediately after this movie. No bullshyt.

Last edited:

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
Flick was dope. Saw it Wednesday, probably gonna run it back sometime this weekend. The emotional parts of the storyline didn't really tug at me like it sounds like it did for others but even still it didn't bother me or seem corny or anything. It was moreso the directing/camera work/score that had me in awe. shyt was just beautifully shot, especially the fight against homeboy from Mick's gym, them workout montages, and the ring walk for the final fight.