Creed (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Elaborate. I enjoyed the movie but I have a feeling we have similar views when it comes to its flaws, they probably just bothered you more than they bothered me.

i felt like i was taken out of the movie within the first 5 minutes. once that happens i can't help but view the rest of it with a more critical eye. just my nature unfortunately.

i thought it was well acted but not well written or directed. the story felt hollow, the characters felt hollow, and the scenes felt hollow. nothing felt earned.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
The hits creed was taking :damn:

I know it would be cheesy but they gotta have him fight Dragos son :patrice:
I don't care I wanna see this shyt happen too! His pops needs some redemption and I ain't gonna lie man I was fighting back tears at this bytch! I will always watch a Rocky movie no matter how great or bad.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
MBJ did a great interview with Bill Simmons. Bill ranks all the Rocky movies, they talk about his MJB's career, Black Hollywood, Fantastic 4, The Wire, Friday Night Lights, what movies he should be doing next, etc. Really great interview...

Last edited:

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
This movie set up perfectly to where you know how the sequel would go.

Rocky will already pass away. Conely will be serving time in prison and Creed is going to end up facing ol' dude that knocked him out in the beginning of the film that was ORIGINALLY supposed to fight Conely. It's going to be Adonis living up to his own legacy versus the team that his father had built.

Yep, same thing me and my wife talked about as soon as we got out. Sets up too perfectly and we'll be there day one again if they make the sequel.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Just got back and i enjoyed the shyt outta this flick. Had to hold back the tears at the end, very emotional. MBJ did great in this and i gotta commend Sly for basically making a great black movie. I figured the love interest would be a white girl but naw, kept it pretty black the whole way thru. :leon::myman:

Can't wait for the sequel, and i agree Drago's son has to come up as an opponent. Set it up in 2 and bring it home in 3.

I'm glad they didn't kill Rocky off in this one, for a second it was looking like they was gonna pull a Mickey deja vu on us. When he is finally killed off tho.....:mjcry: I wonder if they gonna try to bring Rocky's son back home also to get back involved with things. I'm also glad they didn't go full on sex scene with MBJ and his gf. I was worried there for a second as i was watching, cuz i was thinking they ain't ever had no full on sex scene in any Rocky movie so why start now with the black characters? :patrice: