Creed (Official Thread)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back and i enjoyed the shyt outta this flick. Had to hold back the tears at the end, very emotional. MBJ did great in this and i gotta commend Sly for basically making a great black movie. I figured the love interest would be a white girl but naw, kept it pretty black the whole way thru. :leon::myman:

Can't wait for the sequel, and i agree Drago's son has to come up as an opponent. Set it up in 2 and bring it home in 3.

I'm glad they didn't kill Rocky off in this one, for a second it was looking like they was gonna pull a Mickey deja vu on us. When he is finally killed off tho.....:mjcry: I wonder if they gonna try to bring Rocky's son back home also to get back involved with things. I'm also glad they didn't go full on sex scene with MBJ and his gf. I was worried there for a second as i was watching, cuz i was thinking they ain't ever had no full on sex scene in any Rocky movie so why start now with the black characters? :patrice:

Sly didn't make this movie. Ryan Coogler who directed Fruitvale Station with MBJ directed AND written this movie. Sly just gave him the approval to do it and to be in it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Holy shyt. :wow: this movie

Every so often, a flick comes a long that gets me to go with it on the ride and and grab me. This was one of them. I can't really think of a single thing I'd change. The way the boxing was filmed, the emotional arc, the montages, the allusions to the Rocky series, the acting, the direction, it was all pitch perfect. It's perfect as a Rocky movie but even better as its own thing and its own story about this angry guy who feels like an outcast because someone didn't want him and doing everything to prove he belongs:wow:Nothing felt forced, everything felt natural and it's probably the 2nd best performance of Sly's career, the first being the original Rocky. Michael B is doing the damn thing and adds so much to the character just through simple looks or the words he doesn't say and questions he doesn't answer. Even the music got me hype. Knocked out fury road as my favorite of the year

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Sly didn't make this movie. Ryan Coogler who directed Fruitvale Station with MBJ directed AND written this movie. Sly just gave him the approval to do it and to be in it.

Hmm did not know this, i stand corrected. Guess that would explain it. Thanks for the info breh. Guess i'll still give Sly some props for giving the greenlight.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Coogler killed it and it really does stand on its own while also fitting in with the series. Glad the movie is getting love I got a soft spot for Stallone and have been hoping Wallace will blow up too.

The movies so piff even the critics can't front on it.:blessed:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yep, same thing me and my wife talked about as soon as we got out. Sets up too perfectly and we'll be there day one again if they make the sequel.
:damn:
urxto.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hmm did not know this, i stand corrected. Guess that would explain it. Thanks for the info breh. Guess i'll still give Sly some props for giving the greenlight.

I read an article that Stallone provided notes for Coogler and Covington (screenplay writer) though. He also was the one who told them to
Have Adonis wear Apollo's shorts at the end

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Holy shyt. :wow: this movie

Every so often, a flick comes a long that gets me to go with it on the ride and and grab me. This was one of them. I can't really think of a single thing I'd change. The way the boxing was filmed, the emotional arc, the montages, the allusions to the Rocky series, the acting, the direction, it was all pitch perfect. It's perfect as a Rocky movie but even better as its own thing and its own story about this angry guy who feels like an outcast because someone didn't want him and doing everything to prove he belongs:wow:Nothing felt forced, everything felt natural and it's probably the 2nd best performance of Sly's career, the first being the original Rocky. Michael B is doing the damn thing and adds so much to the character just through simple looks or the words he doesn't say and questions he doesn't answer. Even the music got me hype. Knocked out fury road as my favorite of the year
:blessed:

Breh. This movie was 2hrs and 10 mins....but it almost FELT like 3 hours of material...without feeling a drag time of a 3 hour movie. There is so much stuff in this movie. If that makes any sense.

Characters were 3 dimensional. I dont think I've seen too many movies that had "predictable moments" executed as well as this in a long time.

Warner Brothers needs to fight hard to get this movies some nominations :ufdup:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just thought about this.... aside from Drago (which was technically an expedition fight, with only Creed thinking it as an expedition fight), Rocky Balboa was the ONLY FIGHTER that even (barely) beat Creed, professionally.