Creed (Official Thread)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was really good, very entertaining. Stallone, Jordan and Tessa Thompson all killed it and I really do think Sly's performance was Oscar worthy. I've lived in Philly for the past 5 years and the really nailed modern day Philly, from the slang, to the dirt bike scenes to the locations. I actually know a local singer EXACTLY like Bianca, even down to the style of music. The fight scenes were great, especially that first one with the continuous shot. And I like how the movie really put an emphasis on the strategy and technique behind boxing and preparing for the big fight, something that I felt was missing from the original movies.

My biggest issue was that I felt like Coogler was making two different movies that clashed stylistically at times. On the one hand you have a very subtle, realistic character-driven drama. On the other hand you have this big, epic sports movie. Sometimes those two extremes didn't mesh that well and the effect was a little jarring. Like you'll have a quiet moment and then some epic montage with epic music in the background immediately after. Also
As much as I wanted to love it, the dirt bike training sequence was corny to me. Just felt really forced as if Coogler was trying to create his Rocky stairs moment. A little too over the top. Creed waking up after seeing Apollo during the final fight and the OG soundtrack kicking in was epic though and gave me chills. Also the entrance music for both of the fighters were dope. Hail Mary :wow:

:russ:at him having to take a shyt before the first fight

All in all it was very good. And Coogler proved he'll have longevity and can handle big budget material. Excited to see where his career goes.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't know what to say brehs, but i saw it last night and i really didn't like it. :sadcam:

i can't believe it. i was so amped for this. i have been in the minority before but man... the hype and the word of mouth has been so positive... i almost feel like i watched a different movie than everyone else.

i really thought it was bad.

Elaborate. I enjoyed the movie but I have a feeling we have similar views when it comes to its flaws, they probably just bothered you more than they bothered me.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie set up perfectly to where you know how the sequel would go.

Rocky will already pass away. Conely will be serving time in prison and Creed is going to end up facing ol' dude that knocked him out in the beginning of the film that was ORIGINALLY supposed to fight Conely. It's going to be Adonis living up to his own legacy versus the team that his father had built.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Drago could have beat rocky but drago was too green, a rematch should have took place.