Creed 2 Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stallone is going to fukk this up.:snoop:

Yeah, he's a good director and writer, but that doesn't mean he's a good fit for Adonis' story.

The people that don't see the problem with Stallone writing directing this are seriously underestimating what Coogler and Covington brought to the project as young black men.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've heard interviews that Coogler and Covington have done where they talk about writing Creed. They both said they wrote Creed because it was personal story for them. They also said that Stallone never even thought about how Apollo's death would impact his family or the community that he came from.

Stallone writes Rocky from his perspective, which is why the character is so great, but he can't do that with Adonis. That's why he's immediately going back to Drago well.

Like others have said, the story worth telling is seeing Adonis go up against Stuntman and deal with the familial relationship with Lil Duke. They laid the groundwork perfectly for that story. That story also would have allowed more insight into how Adonis grew up and how he fit in with Apollo's family and inner circle.

Instead we're getting a story that's mostly going to be about Rocky's guilt for what happened to Apollo. It's hard to look at the news being leaked about this film and not see it as Stallone immediately centering white characters in Adonis story.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
This is gonna be some corny cartoon shyt....

But Rocky 4 was some corny cartoon shyt and it was still good. I'm still in. :manny:

Remember the first Rocky movie won Best Picture at the Oscars. The 3rd one featured an actual talking robot and Hulk Hogan. Guess high art to silly popcorn flick is the natural trajectory for this franchise...

Jards

All Star
Daps
Stallone is going to fukk this up.:snoop:

Yeah, he's a good director and writer, but that doesn't mean he's a good fit for Adonis' story.

The people that don't see the problem with Stallone writing directing this are seriously underestimating what Coogler and Covington brought to the project as young black men.