Creed 2 Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
Breh lets be real: Stallone is NEVER done with rocky lol. Ever. Even when he says he is he’s never done. I don’t believe a word he says when he says he’s done with rocky. He was done after rocky 1 then he was done after 2. He was done after 3 and 4. Then he was done after 5. If you believe that I mean truly believe it I’ve got a swamp to sale you in Texas
Nah. Stallone was 70 when Creed was released - the Rocky franchise was done. The only direction for the franchise would've been Rocky training up an up and comer (i.e Creed) and being that a film hadn't been released in the ten years between Balboa and Creed it was pretty obvious that even if Stallone wanted to continue, he had no idea where to take the story until Coogler showed up with the premise.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah. Stallone was 70 when Creed was released - the Rocky franchise was done. The only direction for the franchise would've been Rocky training up an up and comer (i.e Creed) and being that a film hadn't been released in the ten years between Balboa and Creed it was pretty obvious that even if Stallone wanted to continue, he had no idea where to take the story until Coogler showed up with the premise.

Again. I’m not saying you’re wrong about Coogler but I am saying if you truly believe Stallone wasn’t going to do something with that franchise or if mgm wasn’t then you’re smoking heroine homie. That’s the point I’m making. He was going to resurrect it in one way or another or mgm would do it without him. Money waits for no man. You and I both know that. Especially in a Hollywood starving for known IPs

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Drago presence can work, but not fighting his son. It's just a little too cheesy. Drago only value is to give closure to Creed on his father's death in tandem with sly succumbing to cancer. It's a lot of grief, but it's what probably best for film and continuing Creed's theme on death, redemption, and forgiveness.

Throwing Drago's son into the mix and overexposing Drago would be a terrible move with taking focus towards revenge. Which is the exact opposite of what made Creed great. Sly... You better not fukk this up.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stallone is a solid director, but this film is probably not going to have the stylistic elements(cinematography,one-take matches.etc) that helped the first, and I doubt it will be as grounded either. If he approaches in the same fashion like he did Rocky Balboa it may turn out fine, but I have a feeling he's gonna go back to the over-the-top boxing and cartoony villains of the old films.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BGhCeN9r_o.gif