Creed 2 Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it a lot but it obviously isn’t touching the first. My respect for Coogler went up even more after this, and it’s not like Caple is a bad Director at all. It’s just that I can feel Caple nodding to Stallone more whereas Creed was Coogler’s vision through and through.

I honestly wanted to see more of The Dragos. Their story was more interesting. I liked that they were humanized.

I teared up when Adonis proposed to Bianca, but that was mostly because of me thinking about when I proposed. It’s very hard to do.

Their little girl being deaf was tough too. Sadly, that was the main scene that showed me MBJ’s shortcomings as an actor. He don’t make good faces. It sounds weird but he can’t make a good face to capture moments well. The hospital bed is another example.

Does it feel weird to anyone how it feels like Wood Harris’ character don’t care about Adonis as much despite knowing him since he was a child?

I thought the fight scenes were good, although not as good as the first.

I am not sure where a third goes, but Rocky will obviously die before the third one. I wonder if they will bring in Rocky’s son to support Adonis in some way? Especially since dude is getting a lot of pub in This is Us.

This was like a 7.5/10 for me. It got too much into the over the top world of Rocky, when the first one was grounded.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Hopefully Wood Harris becomes his trainer or At least gets a good amount of screen time in 3.

Bruh is one of the most underrated actors of the past 20 years . Him smoking a blunt with Snoop on his show sealed the deal for me :wow:

Breh, I told my wife that every movie Wood Harris is in, from paid in full to new edition that nikka damn near single handedly elevates the film :ehh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I told my wife that every movie Wood Harris is in, from paid in full to new edition that nikka damn near single handedly elevates the film :ehh:
he’s definitely a better actor than the amount of mainstream work he gets and he has the charisma natural presence on screen . I’ve always been suprised that he didn’t get more acclaim from the wire

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
5975e42cf3b00.jpg

Daps
Does it feel weird to anyone how it feels like Wood Harris’ character don’t care about Adonis as much despite knowing him since he was a child?

U gotta remember, Adonis is Apollos illegitimate son. He ain't even know who his daddy was till he was 11

Apollo had other children. Donny is the youngest

So it makes sense that he wasn't really loved like the rest of the fam. Judgmental folks prolly look at him as the son born from his dad cheating on his wife

Other folks probably look at him as being adopted. Cause even though he's Apollos son, for all intents and purposes, he was a foster child that was adopted

Some folks probably looked at him in the movie as being a try hard. All that money his dad left the fam and he out here trying to be a boxer..
Everybody was like... for what??:mindblown:

Even Rocky was :gucci: at him

Folks like Rocky HAD to box. It was the only Avenue they had to come up. Folks that Wood Harris character was training were folks who literally had nothing... this was all they had.

And here come this rich spoiled dude wanting to box just cause. And then on top of that, he had a big mouth and most folks were looking at him like :comeon::francis: in the first half of the first movie

When he bet his car and knocked Ole boy out and started talking stuff... ":damn: KILLER RIGHT?? HE A KILLER HUH??? :damn:WHERE WAS U AT WHEN I WAS IN GROUP HOMES?? :damn:U MISS A MEAL?? :damn:WHICH ONE OF YOUR KILLERS NEXT?? U PICK HIM!!! :damn:"

And then proceeded to get knocked the hell out by Stuntman cause folks was lookin like :dahell: "the hell wrong with this big mouth nikka...."

:mjlol: Adonis was actually not a likeable person in the first movie

Wood Harris didn't even want him in his gym :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
U gotta remember, Adonis is Apollos illegitimate son. He ain't even know who his daddy was till he was 11

Apollo had other children. Donny is the youngest

So it makes sense that he wasn't really loved like the rest of the fam. Judgmental folks prolly look at him as the son born from his dad cheating on his wife

Other folks probably look at him as being adopted. Cause even though he's Apollos son, for all intents and purposes, he was a foster child that was adopted

Some folks probably looked at him in the movie as being a try hard. All that money his dad left the fam and he out here trying to be a boxer..
Everybody was like... for what??:mindblown:

Even Rocky was :gucci: at him

Folks like Rocky HAD to box. It was the only Avenue they had to come up. Folks that Wood Harris character was training were folks who literally had nothing... this was all they had.

And here come this rich spoiled dude wanting to box just cause. And then on top of that, he had a big mouth and most folks were looking at him like :comeon::francis: in the first half of the first movie

When he bet his car and knocked Ole boy out and started talking stuff... ":damn: KILLER RIGHT?? HE A KILLER HUH??? :damn:WHERE WAS U AT WHEN I WAS IN GROUP HOMES?? :damn:U MISS A MEAL?? :damn:WHICH ONE OF YOUR KILLERS NEXT?? U PICK HIM!!! :damn:"

And then proceeded to get knocked the hell out by Stuntman cause folks was lookin like :dahell: "the hell wrong with this big mouth nikka...."

:mjlol: Adonis was actually not a likeable person in the first movie

Wood Harris didn't even want him in his gym :mjlol:
That’s fair looking at the first movie.

Mans was almost killed in the ring in this movie and Duke Jr is talking about keeping the belt.