Creed 2 Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
A decent sequel to what was a great first movie. Storyline was good but have to say the dialogue was a lot cornier than in the first movie and this movie has nowhere near the craftsmanship of the first (camerawork, editing) so I think it’s safe to say that Coogler was the one that made this work in Creed 1. Watching this really reinforces how great a director Coogler is.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Being this a Rocky franchise and all so it should be a little over the top - imagine if they had Chadwick Boseman as his rival in Creed III :wow:

They should flip it and have Chadwick calling dude a sellout while talking a bunch of shyt for Creed having Rocky as a trainer while Chadwicks character is a slick boxer talking shyt through their fight like "What that old man teach you?!"

Have Chadwick standing over MBJ's body after defeating him in their first match and shout "Is this your champ?!"

:dead:Oh my god, I really hope some studio guy browses these boards and just goes for it.

If it makes sense, I thought this was a great Rocky movie, but not 'great' as a Creed movie. Donnie was way more personable and magnetic in the first movie and was just brooding this whole movie, even before Drago popped up. He smiled maybe once the whole movie. Also I'm trying to figure out why Drago Sr is mad at Rocky like he ain't kill his boy, AND how Drago Jr is a monster but they living in the projects fighting nobody's. What's stopping homie from getting real fights? AND even after that fight when they should've made millions they're running in the projects again at the end?

If you listened to Drago's speech to Rocky you'd know that it doesn't matter how well you fight in Russia. Just because it's no longer communist doesn't mean it operates like the US. We already know what happens to athletes who don't please the government there. You could be the best of the best, but if you embarrass the government or go against its values, they will end your career and black ball you. They may as well live in Siberia now after that loss, especially since Drago threw in the towel. That's what makes his decision to throw in the towel so powerful. He knew how the entire country would treat him and his son afterwards but he loved his son more than status.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was just as good as the first and succeeded in having its own unique great visual style. Despite that while I was watching it in the theater I think it could be perfectly be cut with the first one to make a coherent 4 hour epic. Its great that theres a happy ending beyond winning. Even for the Dragos. Letting go of past pain and fear is a great message for everyone.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A decent sequel to what was a great first movie. Storyline was good but have to say the dialogue was a lot cornier than in the first movie and this movie has nowhere near the craftsmanship of the first (camerawork, editing) so I think it’s safe to say that Coogler was the one that made this work in Creed 1. Watching this really reinforces how great a director Coogler is.

Coogler is a special talent and really is the star of Creed 1. I really hope it was scheduling issues and not Stallone's ego as the reason he did not return.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
breh she was fukking beeeeaaaautiful in this movie :wow: Idc how old she is she can still get it :manny:

those beautiful brown eyes, every time the camera went to her I couldn't take my eyes off her :ohlawd:

hol up she's 70 :wtf: :dahell:

back in the day she musta been :banderas:

man what in the fukk was Ahmad Rashad thinking brehs :noah:

If you search hard enough, you can find a nude of her from the 70s.