Creed 2 Thread

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I actually empathized more with Drago than Creed. Victor was basically trying to win his mother's love. Adonis came off like spoiled brat. Especially in how he talked to Rocky in some scenes.
Victor didnt give a shyt about his mother. If you really pay attention, he didnt care for ANY of it. He only fought for Ivan. He knew how important it was for his father and wanted to give that to him. The argument at that dinner was there to give us insight into what was important to Ivan and what was important to Victor.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Creed 3:

Now an established champion with a long reign, Adonis is becoming increasingly arrogant, he offers a challenge to a boxer called James who has recently ko'd Viktor Drago, despite this big victory James is content to not be in the spotlight and live a simple life. Adonis embarks on Apollo-like provocation to force Jame's hand. The two fight, after a brutal back and forth fight James beats Adonis and promptly retires from boxing. As James is leaving the arena Rocky says to an unknown man off camera 'he fights just like you' the camera pans around to reveal Clubber Lang who simply smiles and nods his head at Rocky.

:lolbron:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Creed 3:

Now an established champion with a long reign, Adonis is becoming increasingly arrogant, he offers a challenge to a boxer called James who has recently ko'd Viktor Drago, despite this big victory James is content to not be in the spotlight and live a simple life. Adonis embarks on Apollo-like provocation to force Jame's hand. The two fight, after a brutal back and forth fight James beats Adonis and promptly retires from boxing. As James is leaving the arena Rocky says to an unknown man off camera 'he fights just like you' the camera pans around to reveal Clubber Lang who simply smiles and nods his head at Rocky.

:lolbron:
:mjlol::hhh:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I don't even see how they can make Donnie any more cocky and arrogant than the first 2 movies.

They made him Rocky than Apollo in character type. I know a 3rd coming they just gotta follow the formula and MBJ just has to keep bringing the emotion as Donnie. I don't even see Stallone killing off Rocky either thankfully :mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I liked it. It felt short which was actually a good thing. It had a simple plot and I'm glad they didn't drag it out too much.

Definitely wasn't as good as the first, but it felt like the proper move for a sequel. It really feels like Adonis' arc is finished and I hope they don't make a third one.

Every beat was fairly predictable but again, I'm not that mad at because all of the Rocky movies are predictable. The only thing I really didn't see coming was

Ivan Drago throwing in the towel for his son. I thought it gave Ivan a somewhat redeeming quality and was a nice way to close the circle from Rocky 4 to the end of this one.

Both Creed movies have managed to get me a little misty eyed in a couple of sections. I think these movies work best when Adonis and Rocky are spending time together and talking. Their chemistry as solid and I really buy into their relationship.

Respectable sequel. Go see it in theaters if you're a big Rocky or Creed fan. if not you can probably wait and stream it or grab it at a Redbox. It's a very good Redbox/stream at home movie, and a serviceable theater movie for this time of year. I only say decent because it's not good enough to be an award type movie and it's not big enough to be a blockbuster type flick.

Solid 3 stars out of 5.