"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
Does any of y'all know if any schools in your areas is accepting book donations for kids?!?!:ld: I have a feeling scholastic is not gonna recommend my book for schools through the usual channels so I'm gonna do an end run right around them...:ufdup: I don't have a machine behind me.

:jawalrus:I just donated a bunch of books to africa book drive I feel good...

:ehh::ufdup:

Note: I suggest you bring your books to the local inner city schools(were most of the black kids are) and have a book fair in those k-12 schools. We used to have book fairs a couple times a year at my elementary school. I think thats how my sister got into stephen king actually.
(I keep saying to black comic writers those school book fairs are far better venues to reach black folks*kids* than those comic fairs that most black folks wouldn't be aware of.)

Yep if you want to reach black kids just take your books ...(hell get a couple 4-5 black creators together) and go to the local inner city schools and ask the principles to have a book fair in the school library.

Basically the the kids would come one class after the next to the library and there would be books layed out on the table and we could buy a book to take home. They used to do that all the time when I was in Birmingham AL elementary school.

This is part of the reason I always got frustrated when I read black comic book writers who go to comic fairs then wonder why the majority cac attendees look funny at their books. I'm like yoooo:mindblown: ....just go directly to black kids just like they used to do us in k-12:heh:

Hell I should buy a bunch of black comics from various writers and sell them second hand via k-12 book fairs:ohhh:

Good deal and note that you don't even have to be there in person. They never had speakers at our school book fairs.
Basically the school librarian...
  • Receives the books via mail
  • Informs the teachers there will be a book fair on [insert day]
  • Puts them out on display
  • Proccesses any sales or book order the kids want
  • Informs the kids when there order comes in so they can pick it up

Now that I think about it :patrice: It could be a case of the librarians ordering the books on their own dime then making the money back by having those school book fairs.:jbhmm:
(Either way the point I'm getting at is that you don't have to be at each book fair in person, the librarians can do all the grunt work themselves. You just have to set that initial school connection)

Best of luck bruh I want yall to win :salute:

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Messed around with a Albert King sample:steviej:

I feel like i'm being held back with my mixing until I get some monitors..it's hard to get a good grasp on how the kicks sounds with just headphones.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Characters I did.

DxtCZx7.jpg

A departure from Saul and the gang sees Strong World rearing its head on Station 45 when Gentleman Ken Hiro makes a surprise visit in the episode "See Me In Doggtown" Gentleman Ken Hiro, one the most powerful men in the galaxy with ties to pirates, law enforcement, private contractors, and the American Military. The wealthy magnate is as rich as he is vicious making scores of enemies who dare not touch him unless they want to deal with the wrath of the armies in his debt, still there are people who are willing to take the risks most notably one of his former subordinates and champion Gene Montana a man he'd blinded and banished years prior to showing up in Doggtown where Montana now resides wielding more power. With Ken Hiro in Doggtown and having a smaller group of bodyguards Ken has seemingly never been more vulnerable and If Gene is ever to get his revenge it would be now and that's exactly what Ken wants him to do
fLAgtPM.jpg

In the Episode "Dogg Day Afternoon" Saul tests Maxine's theory that if he would just "sit still and mind his own business" he wouldn't get in so much trouble. In typical Saul fashion, things go awry even when he attempts to do nothing, choosing not to go to the movies and see "Some Dogg flick" with the gang who bailed on a card game Saul instead remains in the hotel alone shuffling playing cards when he meets Doggman Golden Yeller who unbeknownst to him is a Senator and viewed as a beacon of hope within the Doggman Community. While Senator Golden Yeller does believe in his message, his status as the lone Doggman senator and the weight of being a positive representative of his whole race has turned him into a celebrity something Golden Yeller never envisioned or wanted. Exhausted by the never-ending public appearances including a movie premier he was scheduled to attend in Doggtown the pressure would lead him to ditch his security detail and instead play a quiet game of cards with the politically illiterate Saul the two men would enjoy each others company until a sniper intent on assassinating the politician ends their game abruptly. Now Saul must find a way to protect the Senator and take down his would-be assassin.

TrMhJFw.jpg

The story of a Champion believed to be The Greatest of all Abisyl Champion of Peace looks at the rise and fall of a legendary figure of Strong World
o20Q6pp.jpg

In the Episode "If I'm not a 10 Who is?" sees Saul and the gang clash with Gucci Harem the leader of The Gucci Harem Pirates. Gucci a once revered leader within The Dorian Black Army would abandon his role in search of wealth leading him to The Clay Pirates where he quickly established himself as their best pure fighter he would become the heir to Pirate Lord Golyeum Ape's legacy being giving his own ship. He would then move on to doing business under Goyluem Ape's nose and gathering loyalists from The Clay Pirates for when he decided to defect. He'd make his money moving drugs to Gungrave but his operation was ruined when the most powerful Pirate Crusher known as The Heavy contacted Goyleum Ape and threatened to bring him down making Ape aware of Gucci's transgressions leading to Gucci being on the run from his lord pirate. While Gucci Harem is in no hurry to get captured by ,Goyleum Ape he's not afraid of Saul especially after Saul unseated him as a top 10 pure fighter something Saul didn't even know existed now Saul has to educate himself on a seemingly small-time crew with a deep dark secret that would have major ramifications on strong world if it were to get out.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Characters I did.

DxtCZx7.jpg

A departure from Saul and the gang sees Strong World rearing its head on Station 45 when Gentleman Ken Hiro makes a surprise visit in the episode "See Me In Doggtown" Gentleman Ken Hiro, one the most powerful men in the galaxy with ties to pirates, law enforcement, private contractors, and the American Military. The wealthy magnate is as rich as he is vicious making scores of enemies who dare not touch him unless they want to deal with the wrath of the armies in his debt, still there are people who are willing to take the risks most notably one of his former subordinates and champion Gene Montana a man he'd blinded and banished years prior to showing up in Doggtown where Montana now resides wielding more power. With Ken Hiro in Doggtown and having a smaller group of bodyguards Ken has seemingly never been more vulnerable and If Gene is ever to get his revenge it would be now and that's exactly what Ken wants him to do
fLAgtPM.jpg

In the Episode "Dogg Day Afternoon" Saul tests Maxine's theory that if he would just "sit still and mind his own business" he wouldn't get in so much trouble. In typical Saul fashion, things go awry even when he attempts to do nothing, choosing not to go to the movies and see "Some Dogg flick" with the gang who bailed on a card game Saul instead remains in the hotel alone shuffling playing cards when he meets Doggman Golden Yeller who unbeknownst to him is a Senator and viewed as a beacon of hope within the Doggman Community. While Senator Golden Yeller does believe in his message, his status as the lone Doggman senator and the weight of being a positive representative of his whole race has turned him into a celebrity something Golden Yeller never envisioned or wanted. Exhausted by the never-ending public appearances including a movie premier he was scheduled to attend in Doggtown the pressure would lead him to ditch his security detail and instead play a quiet game of cards with the politically illiterate Saul the two men would enjoy each others company until a sniper intent on assassinating the politician ends their game abruptly. Now Saul must find a way to protect the Senator and take down his would-be assassin.

TrMhJFw.jpg

The story of a Champion believed to be The Greatest of all Abisyl Champion of Peace looks at the rise and fall of a legendary figure of Strong World
o20Q6pp.jpg

In the Episode "If I'm not a 10 Who is?" sees Saul and the gang clash with Gucci Harem the leader of The Gucci Harem Pirates. Gucci a once revered leader within The Dorian Black Army would abandon his role in search of wealth leading him to The Clay Pirates where he quickly established himself as their best pure fighter he would become the heir to Pirate Lord Golyeum Ape's legacy being giving his own ship. He would then move on to doing business under Goyluem Ape's nose and gathering loyalists from The Clay Pirates for when he decided to defect. He'd make his money moving drugs to Gungrave but his operation was ruined when the most powerful Pirate Crusher known as The Heavy contacted Goyleum Ape and threatened to bring him down making Ape aware of Gucci's transgressions leading to Gucci being on the run from his lord pirate. While Gucci Harem is in no hurry to get captured by ,Goyleum Ape he's not afraid of Saul especially after Saul unseated him as a top 10 pure fighter something Saul didn't even know existed now Saul has to educate himself on a seemingly small-time crew with a deep dark secret that would have major ramifications on strong world if it were to get out.

:leon: shyt is official...

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Here is a gif rough draft of the animated podcast I'm working on. Was actually thinking about finding members on here for some other projects in mind. I drew the character puppet face pn my ipad procreate and arranged it in photoshop/adobe character animator.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Damn I woke up this morning and got some good emails after a ton of rejections... There was an email from my artist Paul Anderson wanting to continue my Aaron Jackson comic which was great. :wow:

And a second email from a director of the Eagle Academy Harlem for young men of Harlem.:wow: :leon: I wrote a email to the director like a few days ago and he finally replied and he told me he is highly interested and wishes to meet to show the kids the book, I replied back Wednesday morning is excellent!!! :pachaha: I am so fukking nervous brehs...:wow:
6239079511_27be43c2b0_b.jpg

This is a BIG DEAL...:PantherBless2: finally some progress...

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB

I feel like i'm being held back with my mixing until I get some monitors..it's hard to get a good grasp on how the kicks sounds with just headphones.

Use a spectrum analyzer until you can get some monitors....reference it against something else and check crest factor, then playbyke in the car....

Last edited:

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness

Get some "flat" mixing headphones and a audio interface, that's my current setup....I travel far too much to try to lug some studio monitors with me everywhere...in this day and age everything can be done in the box, including mixing and mastering...a gang of the pros do it but will never admit it....there's a gang of vids on youtube to get u started...

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Currently my side hustle is my music...I taught my self how to produce now I'm learning how to mix...a while back I dropped a song on here and cats roasted me, rightfully so....the mix on the beat and vocals were horrible :mjlol:

I'm leveling up tho, will test some more songs on here in the near future...