"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Throw coli da link bruh
yep.png
:mjpls:

Prynce

Daps
I have a song I been writing for a few days. I haven't recorded it yet but I want some input on my writing ability.

I got inspired by Frank ocean and trying to write a catchy song but with a deeper meaning

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
been making instrumentals/short songs for years...finally decided to put together some projects, see what happens :ehh:

im going to release a single or ep every month from the stash, while I work on a new album for my birthday
i really fukk with having my shyt on tidal/spotify etc....shyt just feel official, even if i'm the only nikka bumping it :ehh:

im trying to get back into writing after a webseries i was penning fell through....shyt is frustrating but i'll get back at some point. i always do.

That joint slick breh :leon:

King Jae

Banned
Daps
Word to the wise... whatever u working on don't share in a public space until it's done....ppl will steal your ideas and run with them...you never know who is listening or watching..I had to learn that the hard way...next time someone asks that question ask them are they going to support u in it...if not they just being nosy or looking to steal...

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
t
My bad, each book has around 20-25.
thats close to a full book.

You ever thought of just doin 40-50 and makin a full book.

Plus do you do Prose poems? or are most of your poems short?

mines ranges from short haikus to multiple page prose poems/

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
been making instrumentals/short songs for years...finally decided to put together some projects, see what happens :ehh:

im going to release a single or ep every month from the stash, while I work on a new album for my birthday
i really fukk with having my shyt on tidal/spotify etc....shyt just feel official, even if i'm the only nikka bumping it :ehh:

im trying to get back into writing after a webseries i was penning fell through....shyt is frustrating but i'll get back at some point. i always do.

Track sound like some forest or cave exploration music... :patrice::ehh:
yep.png

ff13-forest.jpg

latest

ssbjf.jpg

Matter a fact I have a shyt ton of instrumentals I've made, this is my favorite one below based off an opera I heard then chopped up and sampled.

On the other hand this is the most "mature" track I've ever made
(and also the last ...I havn't made new music in awhile)

By mature what I mean is post processing, sampling, audio level manipulation, audio effects, etc. I really dug deep on this one.
Hell I based the whole track around sampling an opera I heard on NPR while driving home after thanksgiving call Margret Garner

Hear the whole Opera here
(see if you can find my samples)

In pre-Civil War America, few slave stories were more compelling than Margaret Garner's. She and her family were owned by a Kentucky plantation farmer, but one night they escaped to Ohio with another group of slaves.

Their hiding place was discovered, and Margaret's family was surrounded. She swore she would kill her children and herself rather than return to slavery. As her husband was dragged off, Margaret plunged a knife into her daughter. She was preparing to kill her other daughter and herself when she was seized and jailed.
Grammy Award-winning composer Richard Danielpour and Nobel Prize-winning novelist Toni Morrison collaborated to bring this true life story to the operatic stage. Margaret Garner was co-commissioned by opera companies in Detroit, Cincinnati and Philadelphia and made its debut in May 2005 at Michigan Opera Theatre in Detroit.
A Mother's Desperate Act: 'Margaret Garner'
From Opera Carolina
November 19, 2010 3:06 PM ET

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I got inspired by the two thread posts listed below:ehh:....

Thread 1: Grade My Site...

....and wondered what other things are folks here working on. :jbhmm:

As someone who's done a lot of game projects..
  • Real time strategy game map making
  • Unreal engine game mods
  • Smash bros brawl custom levels
  • etc etc
...one of the most annoying things is to put a mountain of time, imagination, love into something you want to share and then go through hell to get it in front of folks eyes.
sad%20face.gif
it's%20ok.gif

So if you have something to put out there i'm personally interested in checking it out
yep.png
...especially if it is art work!

NOTE: (My random thoughts on art)

Though I prefer original works be it theme or art style. I hate when folks give me "blackface" stuff I.E. black goku/superman/[insert whatever they grew up on here, but with black skin] type derivative works.
yawn.gif

Actually thats something I liked about the boondocks. while the art style wasn't anything different the theme was like nothing else. Like I always say when you make something specifically for your(black folks) needs the end result is something novel(we have unique needs) which is what people buy into anyway(the best ver of what they already have or something they've never seen before.)

Example:

This is most obvious in music(and comedy). African Americans couldn't afford 50+ man orchestral teams suited and booted in a theater. If they tried it, it would've been a low budget ver of something other people were already doing. Instead the entire musical corpus that comes out of the AA community not only is structured different(jazz, blues, gospel, R&B, hip hop,house, techno) but the subject matter of the majority of the songs talk specifically about AA life and times. Yet and still it's the biggest export we have(for better or worse) and towers over other musical forms world wide.

For some reason people in other sectors never learn/apply the lessons from our musicians(comedians to a lessor extent) and instead of catering to our needs there by creating something new to share(sale) in the process, they give us mostly low budget derivative versions of stuff others are already pumping millions into. Ironically enough under the guise of trying to appeal to more than "just black people".
Awesome thread idea! Props OP
:salute:
Creatives unite!