"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
This is an EXTREMELY rough draft, grammar errors and all. However this is the first chapter from my book The Lost Child..........:yeshrug:

Taberius Antonio Knowels, (Tank for short) woke up to a sound down stairs. He looked at his wife who was peacefully sleeping on her side of the bed. Probably just the dog he said to himself rolling back over to go back to sleep. A few moments later he heard the sound again, this time it was louder followed by glass breaking. He looked back over at his wife who was now wide awake. What was that she asked obviously panicked?

Not sure baby, he responded back. He quietly got up and opened his nightstand drawer. Removing his piece from the drawer he tip toed out the bedroom door to the top of his stairs. He looked at his kid’s bedroom doors. The doors were still closed, no indication they were downstairs. Plus he knew they knew he didn’t play that. After 10 o’clock it was lights off and the house was closed.

Tank stood there for a few more seconds listening for any indication that it was his dog, after he heard more glass breaking he quickly made his way downstairs as quietly as possible. Looking in the living room he saw nothing out of place, but seeing a silhouette in the kitchen off the mirror that sat in his dining room, he knew someone was in his home. He quickly ducked down and started creeping towards the kitchen area. He didn’t know how many it was, but he was ready to put a hole in how ever many it was. As he made his way closer and closer to the kitchen he became aware that it was more than 1, from what he could make out it was at least 4 of them. He slid back against his living room wall.

Who would dare break into his house of all the houses on the block? He thought to himself.

Might as well come out he heard one of the voices state.

We know you down here, and we know who is upstairs.

If yall know this then yall must know yall bumped your heads coming into my home then Tank replied.

Afraid not nikka, he heard one of the men respond back.

Looks like you made the mistake when you fukked your boy over.

fukked my boy over Tank responded back confused.

I been out the game for year’s man, nobody is here but me and my family.

Like I said we know whose upstairs muthafukka.

Now you can come out peacefully, or we can get this party started the right way.

Tank thought for a moment, he couldn’t sacrifice his wife or his kids. He didn’t know how many men were in the kitchen, and even if he did, his boys slept right above the kitchen. If he started firing there was no telling what these fools could do in the crossfire.

I’m coming out he replied.

Hiding his gun in the back of his robe he walked towards the kitchen with his hands up.

As soon as he entered he felt a gun press against the back of his head.

One of the men held it there while they searched and found the weapon he had previously hidden.

Once his eyes fully adjusted Tank was able to see 5 men all dressed in black sitting around his kitchen.

fukk yall want, Tank defiantly asked.

Oh us one of the men responded. We don’t want anything. I mean outside of the money we are getting to put you down.

Put me down? Tank quickly fired back.

For what, man I’m not in the game no more. Yall got the wrong address.

Oh we got the right address, aint that right Tank one of the men responded pulling off his mask.

Tank instantly recognized Deja and the questions started flooding.

Deja, he asked. Man what the hell you doing here?

Well to be honest I asked myself that very same question all the way over here. I mean you and me we go back.

“Me, You, and James”.

Oh you remember James don’t you?

Tank instantly got it. He stood quiet for a few minutes.

Look Tank stated. My kids are upstairs whatever you have to do don’t do it here.

“Sorry, that’s something we cannot do. See we got precise orders to kill everybody, even the dog.” Deja coldly replied back.

As you can see we have already completed part of the job, Deja responded waiving his hands over to Tanks dog who now laid lifeless; throat cut on the kitchen linoleum.

Yall can’t just kill my wife and kids man. They don’t have shyt to do with this. Look man how much is James paying you, I got a savin…..

Deja slapped Tank across his face with the butt of his pistol. You think this is about your fukking money nikka. Deja asked obviously disturbed.

fukk happen to you man. You know the game and you know the rules.

You fukked over the homey. And for what, some stupid bytch

That bytch was like my sister, and he raped her and left her for dead Tank fired back.

That’s the game nikka Deja responded back coldly. We were crew, Gladys was just another bytch, and she knew what she was dealing with.

It wasn’t like she wasn’t warned to leave James alone, but she wanted to be part of the game. Whose fault is that?

Deja looked at Tank who was now bleeding profusely from his head. The man he saw was not the man he used to know.

He pointed at the other 4 men; go get the fukking kid’s man.

No you can’t, Tank pleaded. They innocent Dej, you know this. Just let them be……..please he begged.

Can’t bro, this is a job, and you know how it goes on a job, we follow all orders to the fullest.

But Dej, this is me; you go kill your Godson.

Me kill them? Deja looked at Tank in disbelief and hit him again with the gun.

Call it sins of the father nikka.

I said get the fukking kids man and turn on all these lights. He yelled at the men,

Let them see they father for the piece of shyt he is.

Tank’s head began to spin as he heard 3 of the other men running up the stairs. This is a dream he thought to himself.

He heard his wife and kids screaming for him upstairs. Let them be, please Dej he screamed crying.

Look at you Deja responded.

10 years ago it would be you on the other side of this gun, now you on the floor crying like a bytch. You’re fukking pathetic.

fukk you Tank screamed. I grew up nikka. We couldn’t stay little kids forever. James fukked up. He got strung out on those drugs. Not me.

And now you’re going to kill my kids for that muthafukka Tank screamed back.

As Tank continued to rant, Deja ordered the other man to tie his hands and tape his mouth.

Tank felt a hood placed over his head. He couldn’t see a thing. All he heard was his kids screaming out his name as they were dragged down the steps.

He also heard his wife’s screams behind closed doors, he could her loud shrill screams begging for mercy. Tank knew what was going on. And his soul burned in shame and pain. He held his head down as he heard kids being thrown on the ground around him.

He tried one last time to plead with the men to let his family go, but the please fell on deaf ears as the hood was ripped off his head.

What he saw made him sick. His 5 year old daughter stood there terrified as one of the masked men held a gun to her head.

Tank looked around for Deja, look she’s 5 man, you hear me 5. Let her go, please let her go he pleaded harder then he had ever pleaded in his life.

Look I will……..

He words were stopped mid-sentence as Deja walked over to the young girl put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger.

Seeing his beloved daughter’s brains fly over his older children lost it Tank lost all composure and begin screaming and crying profusely.

He began yelling at the men threatening to kill each and every one of them.

His warnings didn’t faze Deja as he emotionlessly ordered his men to kill the other 2 kids.

Tank felt the hood being pulled back over his head as he heard 2 more shots and the gut retching thuds of his son’s body hitting the floor. Hearing what he believed to be his sons being killed pulled out what was left of his heart.

After those last shots he didn’t hear anything for a long while. His wife had stopped screaming and he heard the other man coming down stairs.

He didn’t know if she was still alive, but he knew deep down, she was dead regardless if they had killed her or not.

Tank lay on the ground crying for hours as the men moved around cleaning up and joking.

He wondered why they hadn’t killed him yet, and began to be fearful that they wouldn’t.

He knew Deja, and he knew how Deja like to play mind games with his victims.

Leaving Tank alive to suffer with the fact that his whole family was dead behind his own actions would not only kill Tank’s soul but also his spirit. Tank knew that was something that both James and Deja would salivate on.

What you waiting on muthafukkas he began to shout. You go kill me too, huh, yall go fukking kill me to.

He listened for a sign of anything, but heard nothing.

He began to move around trying to get up to his knees. As he struggled to get back on his knees felt some one push him back down to the floor.

A while later Deja command his goons take Tank’s hood off.

The hood came off as his eyes adjusted to the light in the room.

He looked around. His baby girl laid there in front of him cold and stiff.

He began crying silently as he looked around the room for the bodies his 2 boys. He didn’t see them in the living room and began having hope that maybe Deja had spared them.

Pick his ass up Deja commanded.

Why didn’t you kill me Tank asked in anger and grief?

Oh you didn’t think this was it did you Deja asked.

Oh no we got more planned baby boy. Plenty more planned indeed.

My wife; is she dead Tank asked the men.

The other men silently looked at each other still masked up.

Is she dead Tank demanded louder?

The men ignored the question and started to put the hood back on.

No not yet Deja said.

Take him through the kitchen and put him in the trunk.

The men picked up Tank and dragged him back through the kitchen.

And that’s where he saw the remaining of his family.

Hanging from the top stair bannister were his 2 sons and what was once his wife.

Her face was so swollen and beaten he barely recognized her.

He began sobbing uncontrollably in defeat. Yall didn’t have to do that he said weakly. Yall didn’t have to do this.

The men held him there to watch, but Tank refusing to look at the hideous site, held his head down .

This prompted Deja to walk up and grab Tanks neck, forcing him to look up at the rest of his family.

Open your eyes bytch he whispered in Tanks ear.

Tank defiantly kept his eyes closed as Deja gripped his neck tighter.

No worries Deja replied as he let Tank’s neck go.

Grabbing the hood to put back on his old friends head he coldly whispered “Sins of thy father muthafukka”

Put his ass in the truck, Deja commanded the group before heading out the door himself.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Working on a Trashy romance novel to try and get some cash to back a series of Fantasy books I've had on the mind since high school.

I'm not particularly proud of the novel, but the genre sells well enough that it could get my foot in the door for bigger and better down the line

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
reps taped out by page 2 ...will resume once reps back up
yep.png

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
"It's too damn hot in here."

It was the fifth time Avis had said it today. It was hot. Too hot. There wasn't anything that could change it. Complaining certainly didn't help. You usually complained to let steam off, or to entice small talk among the men. This was different. His voice sounded scared, as if the heat were some monster, and his words were an ancient prayer meant to keep the demons at bay. The demons must not have heard.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this," said Rell. His helmet was drenched, the inside full of sweat, the outside moist from the air. It looked as though it were going to melt right there on his face. "Five minutes boss...just let us have five minutes."

"No," snapped the captain. "We've already used up enough from the air tank. Besides, we don't have a clue where we are. It isn't even noon yet and we're lost."

They knew the mission was hopeless from the start. Six soldiers, five weapons, four hours of air, and not one damn clue between them all. First Mills went missing. After him it was Calbuck. Then calls from the station stopped coming in. Command had to figure it was the heat. The planet had a Sun three times normal size, with an orbit like a honey bee. The erratic behavior lead to heat waves that came without warning and gave no sign that they would leave. They eventually did, usually within a few weeks, but this one was different. Two months strong and blazing fiercer every day.

"What if they went back under?"
"Don't be a fool. There isn't any food down there."
"But this heat.."
"Quiet!"

He'd had enough. It's not like he expected more from his men, especially not Soto, but morale was already low, and some talk was bound to bring it down further. The captain had to be strong, not for his men, but for himself. He felt like dying in that suit. He had to believe everything was ok.

"Captain, look!"

Buildings. They were nothing like the towers of earth that had been built back home. The colors Were different, their material foreign. Where at home they had crumbled bases and slim peaked towers , these seemed perfectly round. Through the center were holes. How something could blow them so perfect though was anyone's guess.

"I can't anymore. Captain," Avis paused, "I'm not taking another step."

Captain Ellis turned back with a look that was two parts shock and one part envy. Soldiers quit all the time. Especially no-good ones like Avis. The Captain wanted nothing more than to turn in his rank and quit too. Normally, the penalty for insubordination was a last rites and a shot to the head, but the heat would be enough to do him off. It was enough to do them all off.

"Have it your way, soldier. Better you leave us now then become a problem later." He was fed up. Usually he'd have to cut in on the team's talking. This time, however, nobody seemed to want to say a word.

All cowards. The captain hated this assignment. Sergeant's Mill and Calbuck were his men, but the rest were dumped on him by the board, fresh meat ready for seasoning.

"They could have been good," thought the Captain, "if only they'd gotten a chance." Mills and Calbuck were the first ones to go. Captain Ellis still remembered the last radio transmission he received from them. They were sent to find the command post to bring supplies, but they decided they would bring the station crew back with them.

"I don't care if I get hanged for it, it ain't right! People got no business being in heat like this. They're just gonna have to understand."

Calbuck made the call to the Captain, and the Captain gave it a go. That was yesterday. Later, calls came in with static. All the Captain could make out from them was that the ship was lost, the supplies were duds and the station crew needed help. Something had changed in their voices too. The Captain had tried to push the thought away from the front of his brain, but in the back it had transformed from a pressing scream to a violent echo.

He fell to his knees.

He couldn't take it anymore. "What are we even here for?" It was directed to both his men and himself. He turned, waiting for a response, but was shocked to see no one there. "Rell! Soto!" he cried out, whimpering , like a child lost at the supermarket. "Damn it, Rell!" He was getting angry. It hadn't been a hundred steps since they'd left Avis. He hadn't heard them then either. He tried to trace back to where he had come from as best he could. It was no luck. It was as if he'd been the only one walking. Had he been alone the whole time?

He decided to take one last step. The last step of his life. He'd rather face Hell as a blasphemer then be cooked in his suit by the sun. He pulled off his helmet. Perspiration hit the ground dry. He emptied four hours worth of cool air into his face. It felt good. He sat on a sizzling rock and pulled out his pistol. He said a prayer for himself, his children, and his men. He asked God to forgive him for taking his own life. He wanted God to deliver him from this hell and to spare him from the next. He put his gun in his mouth. It burned. Scalding plastic. He closed his eyes, as if not seeing would shield him from what lied ahead. He pulled the trigger, and all he heard was a weak, soft, "click."

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
been making instrumentals/short songs for years...finally decided to put together some projects, see what happens :ehh:

im going to release a single or ep every month from the stash, while I work on a new album for my birthday
i really fukk with having my shyt on tidal/spotify etc....shyt just feel official, even if i'm the only nikka bumping it :ehh:

im trying to get back into writing after a webseries i was penning fell through....shyt is frustrating but i'll get back at some point. i always do.

Are you also on bandcamp breh? For some reason my spotify is sometimes acting up...listened to a couple tracks, exactly my type of stuff:ehh:

Any possibility you will translate in the future? Regardless, I'll still support and translate slowly along the way.

My stuff: http://bit.do/Afrologic

I don't think I'll translate them, I've tried before and I find it quite hard as I often end up playing with words and whatnot, and that's hard to translate...I used to write in english but switched to french as it's my mother tongue...still wondering if I'll ever use all the stuff I wrote in english, and how...have some up on my blog :
I'll have a look at your Amazon links :salute:

Sidenote : great thread OP, in some way it would great if we could have some "creative" subforum where we can follow what people are doing...I know there's one for music but something more general would be cool too I guess, there's lots of cool stuff in this thread and here and there on the coli but it eventually gets lost in all the threads :mjcry:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Are you also on bandcamp breh? For some reason my spotify is sometimes acting up...listened to a couple tracks, exactly my type of stuff:ehh:

I don't think I'll translate them, I've tried before and I find it quite hard as I often end up playing with words and whatnot, and that's hard to translate...I used to write in english but switched to french as it's my mother tongue...still wondering if I'll ever use all the stuff I wrote in english, and how...have some up on my blog :
I'll have a look at your Amazon links :salute:

Sidenote : great thread OP, in some way it would great if we could have some "creative" subforum where we can follow what people are doing...I know there's one for music but something more general would be cool too I guess, there's lots of cool stuff in this thread and here and there on the coli but it eventually gets lost in all the threads :mjcry:
Munchiirunna.bandcamp.com

Thanx for listening brehs :wow: