"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Here's a piece I was working on that I just finished up recently

2mms0vn.jpg

2e21aqc.jpg

53ahyg.jpg

gD4WDk

ik32KQ

eTDrDk
is this some cgi shyt or you made the actual lamp?
edit: nvm

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
cool, i used to have silk screen presser now i have a heat presser and just put my images on transfer paper, got a tonne of stock. its faster, and it mashes the same thread count. my tshirts are 220 gsm.

Yeah I've been using a Black/whit old school ink printer and combining it with foil press paper on a heat press machine. it's delicate but when the shirts come out good. :banderas: I didnt want to do too many shirts by hand all things considered but sometimes you gotta outsource the work. I'm about to setup shop after I get the first batch soon.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I've been using a Black/whit old school ink printer and combining it with foil press paper on a heat press machine. it's delicate but when the shirts come out good. :banderas: I didnt want to do too many shirts by hand all things considered but sometimes you gotta outsource the work. I'm about to setup shop after I get the first batch soon.

:salute: dont outsource bro, you will just run running costs even when your product/service is not moving and im guessing you can get different designs to different sizes so you dont know what orders to pre-make. I had a box of v neck tshirts over 500 of them menswear/womanswear in a studio apartment and i would still get the orders, press them and send them or deliver them if in the city.

i did this bysimply taking one order at a time, i never had more orders than i could do. paying a pressing plant or your tshirt manufactor direct is risky and if your shyt blows they have the template and exact regulations to make productions of your own shyt without permission or getting a cut. (pakistan manufactors do this)

good luck, its great. since myspace closed up ... those who where doing shyt have had to move to different promotional platforms. i wish you the best.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:salute: dont outsource bro, you will just run running costs even when your product/service is not moving and im guessing you can get different designs to different sizes so you dont know what orders to pre-make. I had a box of v neck tshirts over 500 of them menswear/womanswear in a studio apartment and i would still get the orders, press them and send them or deliver them if in the city.

i did this bysimply taking one order at a time, i never had more orders than i could do. paying a pressing plant or your tshirt manufactor direct is risky and if your shyt blows they have the template and exact regulations to make productions of your own shyt without permission or getting a cut. (pakistan manufactors do this)

good luck, its great. since myspace closed up ... those who where doing shyt have had to move to different promotional platforms. i wish you the best.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't outsource everything... Just the shirts that are too complex to print right now.:heh: The foil shirts I am definitely doing by hand.
Also I trademarked my shyt heavily, that's what I spent half my tax return on. So I'll see them in court if I even smell a whiff of that shyt. but I get you. I'm only ordering a certain amount of shirts at first. :salute: I keep y'all updated, shyt follow me on instagram.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
thinking.gif

"It's too damn hot in here."

It was the fifth time Avis had said it today. It was hot. Too hot. There wasn't anything that could change it. Complaining certainly didn't help. You usually complained to let steam off, or to entice small talk among the men. This was different. His voice sounded scared, as if the heat were some monster, and his words were an ancient prayer meant to keep the demons at bay. The demons must not have heard.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this," said Rell. His helmet was drenched, the inside full of sweat, the outside moist from the air. It looked as though it were going to melt right there on his face. "Five minutes boss...just let us have five minutes."

"No," snapped the captain. "We've already used up enough from the air tank. Besides, we don't have a clue where we are. It isn't even noon yet and we're lost."

They knew the mission was hopeless from the start. Six soldiers, five weapons, four hours of air, and not one damn clue between them all. First Mills went missing. After him it was Calbuck. Then calls from the station stopped coming in. Command had to figure it was the heat. The planet had a Sun three times normal size, with an orbit like a honey bee. The erratic behavior lead to heat waves that came without warning and gave no sign that they would leave. They eventually did, usually within a few weeks, but this one was different. Two months strong and blazing fiercer every day.

"What if they went back under?"
"Don't be a fool. There isn't any food down there."
"But this heat.."
"Quiet!"

He'd had enough. It's not like he expected more from his men, especially not Soto, but morale was already low, and some talk was bound to bring it down further. The captain had to be strong, not for his men, but for himself. He felt like dying in that suit. He had to believe everything was ok.

"Captain, look!"

Buildings. They were nothing like the towers of earth that had been built back home. The colors Were different, their material foreign. Where at home they had crumbled bases and slim peaked towers , these seemed perfectly round. Through the center were holes. How something could blow them so perfect though was anyone's guess.

"I can't anymore. Captain," Avis paused, "I'm not taking another step."

Captain Ellis turned back with a look that was two parts shock and one part envy. Soldiers quit all the time. Especially no-good ones like Avis. The Captain wanted nothing more than to turn in his rank and quit too. Normally, the penalty for insubordination was a last rites and a shot to the head, but the heat would be enough to do him off. It was enough to do them all off.

"Have it your way, soldier. Better you leave us now then become a problem later." He was fed up. Usually he'd have to cut in on the team's talking. This time, however, nobody seemed to want to say a word.

All cowards. The captain hated this assignment. Sergeant's Mill and Calbuck were his men, but the rest were dumped on him by the board, fresh meat ready for seasoning.

"They could have been good," thought the Captain, "if only they'd gotten a chance." Mills and Calbuck were the first ones to go. Captain Ellis still remembered the last radio transmission he received from them. They were sent to find the command post to bring supplies, but they decided they would bring the station crew back with them.

"I don't care if I get hanged for it, it ain't right! People got no business being in heat like this. They're just gonna have to understand."

Calbuck made the call to the Captain, and the Captain gave it a go. That was yesterday. Later, calls came in with static. All the Captain could make out from them was that the ship was lost, the supplies were duds and the station crew needed help. Something had changed in their voices too. The Captain had tried to push the thought away from the front of his brain, but in the back it had transformed from a pressing scream to a violent echo.

He fell to his knees.

He couldn't take it anymore. "What are we even here for?" It was directed to both his men and himself. He turned, waiting for a response, but was shocked to see no one there. "Rell! Soto!" he cried out, whimpering , like a child lost at the supermarket. "Damn it, Rell!" He was getting angry. It hadn't been a hundred steps since they'd left Avis. He hadn't heard them then either. He tried to trace back to where he had come from as best he could. It was no luck. It was as if he'd been the only one walking. Had he been alone the whole time?

He decided to take one last step. The last step of his life. He'd rather face Hell as a blasphemer then be cooked in his suit by the sun. He pulled off his helmet. Perspiration hit the ground dry. He emptied four hours worth of cool air into his face. It felt good. He sat on a sizzling rock and pulled out his pistol. He said a prayer for himself, his children, and his men. He asked God to forgive him for taking his own life. He wanted God to deliver him from this hell and to spare him from the next. He put his gun in his mouth. It burned. Scalding plastic. He closed his eyes, as if not seeing would shield him from what lied ahead. He pulled the trigger, and all he heard was a weak, soft, "click."

Read the whole thing
yep.png

GOOD:
1. It's unique in that it's a "science fiction" setting which I don't see alot of in the African American imagination.
2. The major antagonist are the individuals themselves and their resolve in the face of their environment as opposed to some wild alien monster.
3. It moved along at a good pace and didn't get hung up on a lot of "poetic flourishes"/analogies.
4. The "poetic flourishes"/analogies used were appropriate, to the point, and helped flush out some of the finer aspects of the situation.
5. It was a straight up interesting scenario with a little mystery thrown in given the spotted towers.
6. Could make a great short story segment on it's own(twilight zone, outer limits, etc.)

BAD:
1. Didn't clearly define the world/context("state of affairs") that the soldiers inhabited.
2. Didn't clearly depict the soldiers' actions & their dynamics in the situation.

Personal thoughts:
I had to read the story over and over again to give a decent critique because certain aspects were confusing.

1st read - lets see what this brother wrote ...wait, I'm confused here.
wait.png

The planet had a Sun three times normal size, with an orbit like a honey bee. The erratic behavior lead to heat waves that came without warning and gave no sign that they would leave. They eventually did, usually within a few weeks, but this one was different. Two months strong and blazing fiercer every day.
Ok so they're not on earth, but also not in space either, they're on an Alien planet :ehh: ....gotcha
yep.png

2nd read - OK now that I understand whats going on here let me read it again with clarity.

3rd read - I need to analyze this to find out what was it about the way it was written that threw me off on the 1st read?

It was the fifth time Avis had said it today. It was hot. Too hot. There wasn't anything that could change it. Complaining certainly didn't help. You usually complained to let steam off, or to entice small talk among the men. This was different. His voice sounded scared, as if the heat were some monster, and his words were an ancient prayer meant to keep the demons at bay. The demons must not have heard.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this," said Rell. His helmet was drenched, the inside full of sweat, the outside moist from the air. It looked as though it were going to melt right there on his face. "Five minutes boss...just let us have five minutes."
Oh this is a story about firemen :ohhh:

"No," snapped the captain. "We've already used up enough from the air tank. Besides, we don't have a clue where we are. It isn't even noon yet and we're lost."
Noon? Lost? ...this has nothing to do with firemen, I'm confused now :patrice:

They knew the mission was hopeless from the start. Six soldiers, five weapons, four hours of air, and not one damn clue between them all. First Mills went missing. After him it was Calbuck. Then calls from the station stopped coming in.
Oh!! They're in space somewhere ...thats why they had the air tanks:ohhh:

The planet had a Sun three times normal size, with an orbit like a honey bee. The erratic behavior lead to heat waves that came without warning and gave no sign that they would leave. They eventually did, usually within a few weeks, but this one was different. Two months strong and blazing fiercer every day.
The planet? Ok so they're not on earth, but also not in space either, they're on an Alien planet :ehh: ....gotcha
yep.png

nth read - Now there are finer details I didn't catch before that are throwing me off.

343f918f-f29d-47a3-a864-feadfa42a108.gif
  • Are they traveling from point a to point b and the captain sent two men back to point A for supplies....
"Captain, look!"

Buildings. They were nothing like the towers of earth that had been built back home. The colors Were different, their material foreign. Where at home they had crumbled bases and slim peaked towers , these seemed perfectly round. Through the center were holes. How something could blow them so perfect though was anyone's guess.

"I can't anymore. Captain," Avis paused, "I'm not taking another step."

Captain Ellis turned back with a look that was two parts shock and one part envy. Soldiers quit all the time. Especially no-good ones like Avis. The Captain wanted nothing more than to turn in his rank and quit too. Normally, the penalty for insubordination was a last rites and a shot to the head, but the heat would be enough to do him off. It was enough to do them all off.

"Have it your way, soldier. Better you leave us now then become a problem later." He was fed up. Usually he'd have to cut in on the team's talking. This time, however, nobody seemed to want to say a word.

• Are captain & crew sitting at point B and the captain sent two men back to point A for supplies?
    • Did Mills and Calbuck go to point A station on foot or in a ship?
    • Was the lost ship Mills and Calbuck's ship or was that a supply ship going to the station at point A?

"They could have been good," thought the Captain, "if only they'd gotten a chance." Mills and Calbuck were the first ones to go. Captain Ellis still remembered the last radio transmission he received from them. They were sent to find the command post to bring supplies, but they decided they would bring the station crew back with them.

"I don't care if I get hanged for it, it ain't right! People got no business being in heat like this. They're just gonna have to understand."

Calbuck made the call to the Captain, and the Captain gave it a go. That was yesterday. Later, calls came in with static. All the Captain could make out from them was that the ship was lost, the supplies were duds and the station crew needed help. Something had changed in their voices too. The Captain had tried to push the thought away from the front of his brain, but in the back it had transformed from a pressing scream to a violent echo.

• If captain & crew are not at point B and are currently traveling why would Mills and Calbuck bring people from the station at point A back out into the field?

He fell to his knees.

He couldn't take it anymore. "What are we even here for?" It was directed to both his men and himself. He turned, waiting for a response, but was shocked to see no one there. "Rell! Soto!" he cried out, whimpering , like a child lost at the supermarket. "Damn it, Rell!" He was getting angry. It hadn't been a hundred steps since they'd left Avis. He hadn't heard them then either. He tried to trace back to where he had come from as best he could. It was no luck. It was as if he'd been the only one walking. Had he been alone the whole time?

He decided to take one last step. The last step of his life.

Continued below

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Continued from above

NOTE: In terms of the confusion

At first I thought "what if he is just playing with perception". Maybe he is getting his "Phillip k dikk ...it was really a hallucination, drug, robot, dream, alien, etc" on....
MV5BMTY4MDI2NTE0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjI0NDY0MTI@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

800.jpg

...and concluded that didn't look to be the intention here. It was just confusion.

I'd like if the following was stated in the first paragraph...

1. Show me the world
  2. Show me the current state of the world
  3. Introduce the characters
  4. Run the characters through the ongoing events.
I was given 3 & 4 then left to figure out 1 & 2 via context. From a cinematic angle it would work, but it would work because with visual media you can see the unspoken context on screen. Hell it could work in written form also depending on how it's done...

Character first - context last:
(Works)

1. Character is barefoot with a tshirt & jeans on in a cold concrete room. The floor & air is cold.
Grunge-Concrete-Room-psd107384.png

2. Character opens room door, enters hallway, and spots the exit at the end of the hall littered with bodies.
21.jpg

3. Character runs down hallway with pale white bodies all around. Air & floor gets colder as the exit is near.
unnamed4.jpg

4. Character opens the exit door, is bombarded by a rush of ice cold air, and sees a cargo heliport with snow and ice all around.
983e33a116c824fd28587d8b55e35d72.jpg

5. Character sees a hairy beast suck the blood from a body then jump off the cargo heliport into the snow below.
bigfoot.jpg

Character first - context last:
(Doesn't work)

1. Character is sitting in chair and opens eyes
images

2. Character sees a pin float by
main-qimg-bc6cdefc5b4d1e510501f9075a19020c

3. Character floats out off chair and opens door
iss24_questthermalhatch01.jpg

4. Character swims to the surface of the lake
aid55939-v4-728px-Escape-from-a-Sinking-Car-Step-6-Version-2.jpg

5. Character walks out of water and thanks crowed for coming to the stunt show.
article-3720-evel1971-4.jpg

That's what I felt like while reading the first quarter of the story
(Also why it took so long to reply ...I wanted to do the critique justice)​

To be clear I'm not being harsh here:whoa: ...what I'm trying to illustrate is that I never knew what context the actions were being taken in so I would visualize one thing that couldn't exist in the context that followed. After I finally understood what was going on ...then I could go back and read it with clarity.
f5c2db7399fe63a49ad892bb61f8c17c.gif

UnderwaterCar_1280-1430350370873_1280w.jpg

escape.png

article-3720-evel1971-4.jpg
Now once clear on what was going on, I was sold
yep.png

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The artist who co-Stars in my Web series dropped his sophomore album today. I am the executive producer on the project.

As promised, rapper/actor/producer/DJ Que-Brick has once again donned his musician’s cap and released his latest project. The album, titled God I’m Tryin is officially available for purchase exclusively on the website GodImTryin.com. The album is comprised of 13 tracks and two bonus songs. As a thank you to fans and supporters the project will be available for free digital download for the first 48 hours of availability. Afterwards, the album will sell for $9.99. Que-Brick has also promised that the album will be available to stream on platforms such as iTunes, Tidal, and Google Play in the near future. God, I’m Tryincomes on the heels of a busy and triumphant year for the artist born Quentin Williams. He performed a breathtaking set at last year’s A3C Music Festival. His role as star and music supervisor on the web series Blue Collar Hustlewas not only critically acclaimed but also earned him two award nominations at the upcoming Minnesota Webfest. He was also recently named an official DJ for the corporate Atlanta branch of Delta Airlines.

QUE-BRICK'S ALBUM "GOD I'M TRYIN" IS NOW AVAILABLE