"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
OK got my reps back
yep.png
I think I stopped on page 3 or 4 before reps ran out. Let me get back to rep work
ready.gif

BTW, yall been in da kitchen putting in work
cookn%20up%20sum.gif
I'm legit surprised at the variety on display!

It's like da Coli world fair or something ........"come one, come all"
come%20at%20me.png

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I been on like a 2 week break :mjgrin:

Terrible I know but it's what keeps me sane

:ehh:

thinking.gif

Questions: (
topic - burnout)
How does everyone here deal with burnout?
2. What triggers the onset of burnout?
3. How long(range) are you down at a time?
4. Do you stop everything all together or do you stop one project and (go back to/focus on) another?

Good questions.

1. Live life and do something else. Sometimes forcing the issue -depending on your work- may hurt the overall product. If I force the issue I usually am able to get new plots or characters and they get worked in or for another story.

Just put your work away for an hour and see how you feel. Take a walk with a reorder, hit the gym, talk to someone. Just do something else so you're not entirely focused on your work.

2. It may be the fact that we are goal oriented or nothing works the way you want it too. That's what I'm facing now. I'm at the end of my book but I can't write the ending. I've seen the end, but there is some type of block that is stopping me from putting it in.

3. Usually it takes me a few hours at most but this ending has been unwritten for two weeks. I moved onto another project just to stay busy and beat that feeling but maybe I'll go into my edit without an ending.

4. I often work on multiple things, poetry is easy enough where if I need a break from long forms of writing I can crank out a few. Short stories are my favourite and so I'll do a few of those as well.

I've never had a break like the ending g situation before so that's new to me. It's always flowed, I'm gonna force the issue though.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@FlyGuy was the feedback on the excerpt constructive/helpful at all ? :jbhmm:
I wanted to give feedback on projects that had enough material to review/critique and was going to use that as a format. So far I've only done two detailed replies and yours was the second.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@LauderdaleBoss aye you should've put up that soul wars comic / soundtrack on display:patrice:
yep.png

I just randomly looked down at the sig and saw your web comic:ehh:

Speaking of which I need to go back and give some feedback on both @ORDER_66 and @The Hierophant 's work also.

Here ya go breh. I got the 1st 3 issues up, (20 pages an issue). The characters, story, art, etc...is all me. No major funds behind it but I did boost the production values for the 4th issue (looks more polished with the words and boxes) It's already copyrighted. Just didn't post it yet since i wanted to finish issue 5 before I do it,

If anybody wants to read it, the links to the start of each issue is below, You'll just have to go through the blog to see the rest. (scroll to the bottom of the page and hit next post) Its free.

Cover Art from the comic by Shutterworth | The Soul Wars
http://www.thesoulwars.com/?p=195
http://www.thesoulwars.com/?p=324

If cats don't wanna go through the blog and wanna read everything at 1 time, they can just purchase it through the site and I'll send them the pdf of whatever issue they want.

http://www.thesoulwars.com/?post_type=product

The story is about a rapper that tries to kill himself after getting his project shelved by the label. In the process he finds himself in the middle of a war between Heaven and Hell. During this conflict, his true potential is eventually awakened in the form of spiritual energy. With this newly discovered power, he begins a quest to stop the war between God and Satan all while uncovering the dark truths about mankind.

I never released the whole soundtrack, but I plan to once I post up issue 4. Here's the song from the beginning of issue 2.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
@FlyGuy was the feedback on the excerpt constructive/helpful at all ? :jbhmm:
I wanted to give feedback on projects that had enough material to review/critique and was going to use that as a format. So far I've only done two detailed replies and yours was the second.

I just got through it and it definitely opened my eyes to some things. I was reading the Twilight Zone book at the time I wrote it. I'm into the whole reality twist thing. I actually do instrumentals/mixed vocals (I'll throw some up later) which aren't great, but kinda hit that Prince Paul/DOOM territory.

I see what you're saying about context though. I kinda visualized it and just freestyled to be honest, at the time I wasn't much about refining my work (I still don't do too much as far as fixing up goes) unless it's lyrics.

I just like to crank things out. Some of em keep my mind enough to finesse and finagle, but most are just things I need to get out my brain/off my chest. The diagram with the points kinda confused me lol I never thought that far into this one. My next story will have a lot more care taken with it though.

Many thanks, brother

(and I'm not AA - don't wanna get called out for false claiming :whoa:)

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
I've been making bra and panty sets. At first I was only going to make some for myself, but now I'm thinking about making some to sell. I just don't know what to price them at. :jbhmm:

PYxPuHEm.jpg

VGA9mgQm.jpg

uTKw41Nm.jpg

l6JvLXym.jpg

This is before I was finished. It's completed, along with the matching panties, but I just didn't take a picture. This last set is lace, and I lined the bra with lace (instead of an actual lining); If I make it again, I'll have to use a lining.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
ej8znq.jpg

i do textile prints i said this before, but recently after carnival i got some offers in media publications about afro-caribean influence in the disenfranchised youth. also recently as part of a group (charity) theres a placement in new york. turned it down or rather i will turn it down, new york aint for me.

2626xit.jpg

i showcased enough of my old shyt on the coli, my new projects though im liking. salute all in this thread, 2018 already here.

2wfk1l3.jpg

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Working on this graphic novel is harder than it looks, I need to convert it into a separate script from the novel...:francis: then cut it into 4 parts. Lots of work needs to be done as far as what I need done compiling the entire story into separate parts. :snoop:

And plus I'm writing my 3rd fantasy epic novel right now... So much work gotta get done... :dwillhuh:

But fortune favors the bold brehs..:salutenas: