Crazy theater movie experiences

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just remembered this funny ass shyt

Me and my cuz went to see IM3 and right when the previews starts, shyt was dead silent and some cac stands up and says "Hey guys the Clippers just won, go LA! :blessed:" I guess I should let you know we were in the Bay so next I hear "Shut the fukk up nikka :camby:" then this nikka gets popped in the head with a Mike & Ike's candy box :deadmanny::mjlol: the whole theater started dying while this nikka slumped in his chair like :whoa::to:

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eventually there was a lot of promo around when they got the backing to open it Wide release. I specifically remember a huge story in newsweek about the creators and how little money they had to make it and how this could change the way horror movies were made and also Tv spots etc.

But when it First dropped, I remember hearing word of mouth about how this was made from film found in a video camera and people had died. I was in college and all there was was this crude website telling the history and a couple Reaplayer clips. It was only showing on 1 screen in the entire City of Chicago and it was packed out. It was truly the first viral marketing for a movie and helped them get national release.

the website is still up to this day, blairwitch.com. The aftermath section is dope, has all these creepy evidence pics that look so realistic

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
anyone else witnessed a marriage proposal before/during and after a movie?
I think it was a valentines evening, during brokeback mountain showing, one guy got up during that "I can't quit you" scene..and proposed to his boyfriend, the entire theatre told them to sit the fukk back down and shut the fukk up..i felt bad for those fools, ruined their special moment.
50centlol5aq1q.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Long time ago not too long after the Columbine massacre, while in the theatre befor the previews me and a good friend were just chilin cracking jokes. being immature. in walked a cac wearing a trench coat, dude was by himself and sat on the lower level. me and my homie go in on him between ourselves. this cac couple in front of us could hear everything we were saying. shyt like" dude better not go crazy and shoot up the movie...trench coat mafia oh shyt!x". just stupid shyt. anyway the cac couple get up all annoyed and walk down and sit right next to that dude. we can see em shaking his hand and basically making friends with the dude. shyt waa funny , fukkin white people tho. :mjlol:

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas: Yo I love watching movies in Jamaican theaters.

When Matrix came out and Neo and dem bust out on Agent Smith pulling out uzis, doing flips..putting in work in slow motion with the bullet time.

the theater was about to erupt.

All you could see was everybody with the "gun finger"
gunfingers.jpg

and just all the fake gunshots, bam bam bam bam, ratatataatat. People were so crunk running out their seats and bussing gun fingers to the screen

james-brown-crying-o.gif

Talk about Epic! A good 5 minutes after that scene, you still couldnt hear anyting as people were still so hype .

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Rocky 4 - still remember as a kid when Rocky beats Drago at the end the whole theater chanted USA! USA! :mjlol:

Star Wars Phantom Menace - caught the first showing and people and families were dressed head to toe as Star Wars characters

Hannibal - when dude with the jacked up face and wheelchair rolled out some girl behind us started busted out laughing and made everyone else laugh

yo,...
i really laughed out loud, at that hannibal shyt you posted.

duke, looked like a skinned cat, in the face.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Eventually there was a lot of promo around when they got the backing to open it Wide release. I specifically remember a huge story in newsweek about the creators and how little money they had to make it and how this could change the way horror movies were made and also Tv spots etc.

But when it First dropped, I remember hearing word of mouth about how this was made from film found in a video camera and people had died. I was in college and all there was was this crude website telling the history and a couple Reaplayer clips. It was only showing on 1 screen in the entire City of Chicago and it was packed out. It was truly the first viral marketing for a movie and helped them get national release.

you really got to see blair witch at that one theatre in the chi.

i remember there were lines around the building for that, at the time.
not a huge fan of the movie,..
yet, the original gimmick was one of the best for selling a movie all time.

art barr

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
During signs---I was maybe about 13 or 14...my boy had went to the bathroom..he waited until it was completely dark and he ran in front of the front row to the stairs so he could come all the way up---motherfukkers jumped from the front row to the third row. it was hilarious.

also during the pursuit of happiness--everybody in there was crying. the movie starts out with that argument no warning no warm up...it was very therapeutic :mjcry:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I went to see Saw 2 or 3 in 2007 or 2008 and the kids were telling "soo woo" at the screen whenever there was a bloody death : mjlol:

My Philly nikkas...always funny lol

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
When you got serve first came out. There was people grooving along with the dance battle scenes :wow:. people clowning during the film Females crying when Marques Houston got jumped and some kids fighting after the movie was over.

same here. I saw it in a Times Square movie theatre and that shyt was PACKED. Mario's (remember Just a Friend guy?) back up dancers were sitting infront of me and my friends. The theatre exit door led you into the garage and it was like 100 people in a circle and dudes was just :stylin::mj::dj2: in the middle for like an hour straight, battling. Had tourists coming in from the street to watch and shyt. Amazing.

8 Mile was amazing too. When Brittany Murphy was fukking the double faced dude in the studio the whole place got so mad. :russ: And that "Here, tell these people something they don't know about m" line everyone was like :krs:. Dead ass had a bunch of 718 motherfukkers getting out of their seats going "fukk FREE WORLD 313"

Those were them double feature theatre days tho :wow:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost every story in here had me:ohhh::bryan::ohlawd:Makes me want to go to the movies right now

But mine seems average in comparison.

I remember back watching the 3rd matrix in the final battle scene when the robots invade Zion some dude in the row next to me got up out his seat, took his shirt off, lit up a cigarette and started clapping/cheering....

I go too many stories of just acting a fool at funny movies, that's nothing new here,

but I used to work at one major theatre and me and the other employees would always be amazed at the amount of beer/liquor bottles we'd find after Disney animated movies:jawalrus:

Also too many stories of parents crying at them more than the kids out to the lobby like :damn:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
When i saw Devil Inside Me(n/h) the first friday it came out, somebody was so pissed off about the ending dude hurled his popcorn at the screen from the 4th row :laugh: