Crazy theater movie experiences

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
A friend and I went to see a movie and she had her phone out responding to texts at times etc but it wasn't anything too serious. And when the movie was over, some old white guy walks up to us and says:

"I loved seeing your phones out during the movie" on some extra passive aggressive shyt like that was going to make her feel bad or make me scold her :umad:
Nah playboi I cant cosign this:camby:

Why would I want to go to a movie where I pay to be distracted by someone being on their phone the whole dam movie. I've actually seen fights break out cuz of that shyt.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

Why would I want to go to a movie where I pay to be distracted by someone being on their phone the whole dam movie. I've actually seen fights break out cuz of that shyt.
thats why i rarely go anymore. you got dipshyts on their phones all movie, other people carrying on convos and shyt during the flick. then when you check them they think youre the a$$hole.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I agree I just think the passive aggressiveness was funny. there's a right way to tell someone or ask someone to put their phone away but that ain't it. It's worse when people have their iPhones flash when they ring instead of vibrate

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
my exact reaction when people talk during a movie
stewie-head-turn.gif

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Scream 2. Went to see it at this independent local multiplex where they always used to do cool stuff.
So the movie opens with the part where they're in a theater Omar and Jada get that work and Jada runs down to the front of the theater and screams and dies just a few minutes in. Right as she's dying a Dude in the full Scream Robe/Mask come running out from down behind the screen w a Knife up the aisle and all hell broke loose. Folks jumped up in their seats, women screamed, niccas broke for the exit.

Panther - they took a couple hundred of us to go see this back in highschool at a theater out in the burbs. After it was over we were all out front holding a mini rally and yelling stuff from the movie at white people coming in to see matinees. I remember specifically a chant of "fcuk Ronald Reagan" and seeing people turn around and walk back to their cars lol.

Blair witch project, pre-hype. At an arthouse theater on the northside. Strictly word of mouth, people were still thinking it was real. Made it extra creepy.

It's not?

clutch

The hunt got three parts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
When I saw The Players Club, a mom three rows in front of me had her toddler with her (great movie to bring your 3 or 4 year old to, by the way:beli:). The kid needed to go to the bathroom so she took the kid's pants off, held her up to the side of her, and let her piss on the floor:scust:.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
you really got to see blair witch at that one theatre in the chi.

i remember there were lines around the building for that, at the time.
not a huge fan of the movie,..
yet, the original gimmick was one of the best for selling a movie all time.

art barr
Yup, Pipers Alley up on North Ave. Used to be my favorite theater cause they showed indie movies and anime features, and it was a modern theater with newer equipment. Most art houses in the city were/are crap.

It's closed now, part of it is a comedy club, the rest i guess is still empty.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
First Transformers this nikka comes in with his family to the theater yelling "I'm Optimus Prime!" They sit down and he does it a few more times. Turns to people in the audience, "Ya'll ready for this movie? Yeahh! I'm Optimus Prime!" At first we're laughing, but after the 10th time of him yelling "I'm Optimus prime!" people are like :snoop:... I didn't really care THAT much, because this is before the previews have even started and there still like 15 minutes til showtime. But we're like "I hope this clown gets this out his system before the movie comes on"...As more people fill in this dude keeps on going, then starts going in on people in the crowd calling them nerds. A couple people start telling him to stfu....a chick says something like "Why don't you stop being jackass?".....She was black, but much like thecoli posters he assumes it was a white girl so he starts mocking white people voices and daring somebody to come shut him up. Nobody obliges. Then he starts messing with this Asian kid in front of him. "Hey my man, you here to see Transformers? Bruce Lee here to see Transformers too! I'm Optimus Prime!!" Then starts rubbing the kids hair. The whole theater is groaning like :what:...this the most ignant thing I ever saw, and the nikka is doing in front of what I assumed were his own kids and girl and homeboy. They not saying nothing either.

At this point some white people leave the theater so we know what is about to happen :ufdup:....Cops come in and are asking him what the problem is, and his demeanor changes up. "No problem at all sir:mjpls:" They ask him was he drunk and he' s like "No, of course not." Then they start going through his pockets and pull out a couple of half empty bottles. Kick him out the theater and his fam has to follow him out. They got trays of chicken fingers, nachos and popcorn and are exiting the theater and applause erupts. A nikka moment that had me genuinely embarrassed, but once I heard the real Optimus Prime's voice start the movie....:blessed:

Last edited:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
First Transformers this nikka comes in with his family to the theater yelling "I'm Optimus Prime!" They sit down and he does it a few more times. Turns to people in the audience, "Ya'll ready for this movie? Yeahh! I'm Optimus Prime!" At first we're laughing, but after the 10th time of him yelling "I'm Optimus prime!" people are like :snoop:... I didn't really care THAT much, because this is before the previews have even started and there still like 15 minutes til showtime. But we're like "I hope this clown gets this out his system before the movie comes on"...As more people fill in this dude keeps on going, then starts going in on people in the crowd calling them nerds. A couple people start telling him to stfu....a chick says something like "Why don't you stop being jackass?".....She was black, but much like thecoli posters he assumes it was a white girl so he starts mocking white people voices and daring somebody to come shut him up. Nobody obliges. Then he starts messing with this Asian kid in front of him. "Hey my man, you here to see Transformers? Bruce Lee here to see Transformers too! I'm Optimus Prime!!" Then starts rubbing the kids hair. The whole theater is groaning like :what:...this the most ignant thing I ever saw, and the nikka is doing in front of what I assumed were his own kids and girl and homeboy. They not saying nothing either.

At this point some white people leave the theater so we know what is about to happen :ufdup:....Cops come in and are asking him what the problem is, and his demeanor changes up. "No problem at all sir:mjpls:" They ask him was he drunk and he' s like "No, of course not." Then they start going through his pockets and pull out a couple of half empty bottles. Kick him out the theater and his fam has to follow him out. They got trays of chicken fingers, nachos and popcorn and are exiting the theater and applause erupts. A nikka moment that had me genuinely embarrassed, but once I heard the real Optimus Prime's voice start the movie....:blessed:

:scust: you let a cac come in a theatre and punk every1 includin you and made a story about it like aint shyt wrong wit dat. u def lost..... BIG time. u da type of nikka i run a pocket check on for $5 and some loose change. dont eva go 2 jail :pacspit: