Crazy theater movie experiences

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
breh i was thinking this the other day.. people REALLY thought it was real..i did..but i was like 14.

and i think there was a tv special that coincided

people still biting that movies style 16 years later :wow:

I felt like seeing Blair Witch this way was really the best way to see it. When people started clowning it as being "too fake" later on, I felt sorry for them because the fun of not knowing if it was real or not had been ruined. The no-marketing approach and no credits at the end really had the first set of audiences spooked. It was a unique experience that can never been duplicated because like you said, everyone is doing it now.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I felt like seeing Blair Witch this way was really the best way to see it. When people started clowning it as being "too fake" later on, I felt sorry for them because the fun of not knowing if it was real or not had been ruined. The no-marketing approach and no credits at the end really had the first set of audiences spooked. It was a unique experience that can never been duplicated because like you said, everyone is doing it now.

The ill thing about that is, they did market to a degree because either before or after the movie, possibly a tad after it released, the three of them did an interview on the daily show. But that's certainly a movie that deserves not to be spoiled and seen completely blind

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I got attacked by an older racist dude and his friends after seeing Once Upon a Time in Mexico dolo. Yep i was only 17 years old, cracked my ribs, nobody did sh1t about it, officer just vilified me like "Dont start up anymore sh1t, I know how this works you and youre friends are going to try and retaliate" Has his license plate and everything, nobody did nothing. So what did I do? I got in shape, used Bruce Lee's philosophies and workout techniques to help me through that sh1t, smartened up, and I been seeing movies SOLO ever since unafraid that the sh1t will happen again because im prepared of mind and body

Last edited:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
  • Snakes on a Plane - Every time SLJ was on the screen people were clapping and celebrating. Then, when he says, I've had it with these muthafukkin Snakes on this MUTHAFUKKIN PLANE!!! Whole theatre erupts and somebody throws plastic snakes in the air
  • Hustle and Flow - Whoop dat trick comes on and everybody starts dancin and gettin crunk
  • Kings of Comedy - Whole theatre was so packed people were sitting in the aisles. People were hanging off of Bernie Mac's every word. I couldn't hear half of his stand up because there was so much laughter. I had to wait until it came out on DVD before I could hear the whole thing
ONe of the livest theater experiences I ever had. I remember my chest hurting during Bernie Mac's part.
The whole crowd treated it like we were actually at the performance. Folks sang along to the songs during Steve Harvey's part. A couple older broads stood up and danced. It was a huge 500+ seat theater too, I miss that place.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
The ill thing about that is, they did market to a degree because either before or after the movie, possibly a tad after it released, the three of them did an interview on the daily show. But that's certainly a movie that deserves not to be spoiled and seen completely blind

Eventually there was a lot of promo around when they got the backing to open it Wide release. I specifically remember a huge story in newsweek about the creators and how little money they had to make it and how this could change the way horror movies were made and also Tv spots etc.

But when it First dropped, I remember hearing word of mouth about how this was made from film found in a video camera and people had died. I was in college and all there was was this crude website telling the history and a couple Reaplayer clips. It was only showing on 1 screen in the entire City of Chicago and it was packed out. It was truly the first viral marketing for a movie and helped them get national release.

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I took my fam to see this.(like 20 people ). They all thought it was real I did too.

The thing is they're not to internet savvy and I don't have the heart to tell them it's fake. I'd rather they keep that experience. shyt was dope to watch during the hype

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I took my fam to see this.(like 20 people ). They all thought it was real I did too.

The thing is they're not to internet savvy and I don't have the heart to tell them it's fake. I'd rather they keep that experience. shyt was dope to watch during the hype
i remember kind of "figuring out" that it was fake about halfway through just thinking about "who is holding the camera right now...?" because at one point all the characters are on screen but are still being filmed. it was super :merchant: if you thought it was real though. I didn't see it in theaters, was too young.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
oh yeah caught a blow and handy during 300 from my young (legal :whoa:) chick I was messing with at the time..arm rest was able to be lifted up..had my nike jacket over her head...she went to work..man :whew:
'
Arm Rest Lift Up, Cup Holder Do a 360.... Deserves its own thread :wow:

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Motherfukcing Menace II Society in a HOOD ass theater at midnight. Me and my gf and her brother rolled up in with 40s in a backpack. My brother and crew was already in there with blunts. Every niqqa in a packed ass theater smoking cigs, weed and getting bent. Poor theater workers didn't even try to regulate.. which was smart. Niqqas didn't act up at all. No beef just straight Ghetto Heaven.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I got attacked by an older racist dude and his friends after seeing Once Upon a Time in Mexico dolo. Yep i was only 17 years old, cracked my ribs, nobody did sh1t about it, officer just vilified me like "Dont start up anymore sh1t, I know how this works you and youre friends are going to try and retaliate" Has his license plate and everything, nobody did nothing. So what did I do? I got in shape, used Bruce Lee's philosophies and workout techniques to help me through that sh1t, smartened up, and I been seeing movies SOLO ever since unafraid that the sh1t will happen again because im prepared of mind and body

That's a messed up story, breh. But still...

Dude out here doing Bruce Lee workouts just so he can go to the movies. :dead:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Mortal combat opening weekend. nikkas just went straight ham in there. When liu did the bycycle kick.. :wow: Everybody lost it.

Bruh... I'm almost sure every movie theatre in America went the fukk off when Liu Kang hit that muthafukkin bicycle kick. I was 8 when my dad took me to see that movie and I still remember how live it was.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Motherfukcing Menace II Society in a HOOD ass theater at midnight. Me and my gf and her brother rolled up in with 40s in a backpack. My brother and crew was already in there with blunts. Every niqqa in a packed ass theater smoking cigs, weed and getting bent. Poor theater workers didn't even try to regulate.. which was smart. Niqqas didn't act up at all. No beef just straight Ghetto Heaven.

:dead: