Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I'm not entirely convinced was in love/smitten with someone (else). How many of us have done the falling asleep on the phone thing? :whoo:

Whoever killed her off the same day as the grandmother dying is a scumbag. Whether it was him and he knew, or whether it was someone else. The family (minus the father) seemed to believe this happened to him so it was likely as factor as his family was grieving for his grandmother.

Superstar
Daps
I love how ESPN is spinning this as Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and his cousins needing to come forward and seek forgiveness from the public :heh:

What the fukk do they need to apologize for? They played a harmless prank. Te'o is the one who lied to the national media to strengthen his Heisman campaign.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Friend says Ronaiah Tuiasosopo confessed to Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax - ESPN

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man who has been publicly identified as being behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax, called a church friend in early December crying and admitted to duping the Heisman finalist, the friend told Outside the Lines Thursday.

The friend, a woman in her mid-20s, agreed to be interviewed under the condition that she not be identified, saying she was fearful for her family's safety because of the overwhelming publicity the story has generated. In the interview, she did allow for her voice to be recorded.

She says Tuiasosopo gave her the tearful confession and account of how he played what he said was at first a game on the unsuspecting Te'o. And, she says, he told her that it wasn't the first time he had done it.

"He (Ronaiah) told me that Manti was not involved at all, he was a victim. ... The girlfriend was a lie, the accident was a lie, the leukemia was a lie," said the woman. "He was crying, he was literally crying, he's like 'I know, I know what I have to do.'

"It's not only Manti, but he was telling me that it's a lot of other people they had done this to.

Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

OTL also interviewed two other people who said they have a cousin who had the same online hoax pulled on them by Tuiasosopo.

J.R. Vaosa, 28, of Torrance, Calif., and Celeste Tuioti-Mariner, 21, of Whittier, Calif., said that in 2008 their cousin began an online romance with a woman who portrayed herself as a model. Vaosa said the cousin showed Vaosa a picture on MySpace of a woman from a Victoria's Secret catalog that he said was Kekua. Vaosa said that the online Kekua would agree to meet his cousin at certain places. Vaosa said he went with the cousin to meet her.

"When Lennay said she was gonna be at this park one day, we'd go to the park and Ronaiah pops up and then we go to the gym in Orange County where the kids have volleyball tournaments, Ronaiah's there," Vaosa said.

Finally, the family convinced Vaosa's cousin that something wasn't right and he needed to cut things off not only with Kekua, but Tuiasosopo, whom they were convinced was the real Kekua, Tuioti-Mariner said.

"I just knew that my cousin would invite her to certain events and Lennay would always say she would go to those things, but she would never end up going and instead of her going we would see Ronaiah," Tuioti-Mariner said.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I think I'm starting to believe that Te'o actually did get catfished and this whole thing is just like Season 5 of the Wire with McNulty and Scotty Appleton...one liar using another lie to his advantage.

I think Tuiasopo catfished him way back with the fake pics, but I don't think Manti started claiming this chick as his girlfriend and the "love of his life" until she "died" cuz he wanted the media attention (probably enabled by folks in the ND athletic department to help market the team). Then he started making up all these bullsh!t stories about how close they were cuz who cares? She's already dead, she can't complain. Its like rappers claiming they were tight with Pac and Biggie even tho they only met em once.

That would explain why his teammates were skeptical when the story blew up. Cuz they had never heard about this "girlfriend" until the news started hyping it (story said he was messing with other chicks at ND).

Thats my theory

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
fantasticfourv2.jpg

SlqQ1.png

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just heard the guy was "impersonating a girls voice" on espn

ure telling me the guy was faking a chics voice this whole time? and they talked on the phone all the time? This cant be real

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
i just heard the guy was "impersonating a girls voice" on espn

ure telling me the guy was faking a chics voice this whole time? and they talked on the phone all the time? This cant be real

But the "anonymous" friend of Ronny T (:laugh:) said he had his female cousin speak to Te'o. Son this story is so bullshyt I'm done with it until Te'o has a press conference.

Watch he does it on some sneak steez during the conference championship games :scheme: if he even speaks at all