Crackdown 3 (Official Thread)

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved the first two games and this one seems like a improvement so I don’t really see why it’s getting trashed. If I had a x1 I would cop

Because Crackdown 1 was released in 2007 and being a better version of a game from a decade ago isn’t great. The enemy variety is pretty basic, they don’t require any kinda threat assessment or priority shooting, etc.

This game is archaic. This game ain’t better than Sunset Overdrive, any of the Just Cause games, or the like.

For all the explosions and craziness, the guns barely have any response or kick. Guns don’t feel fun to shoot or have weight to them.

I loved Crackdown almost a decade and some change ago. It’s not what I’d ever call a system selling title even at its best and that was forever ago. This feels like Crackdown 1.5 which is a let down.

what did yall expect to be different? its a mindless shooter its always been a mindless shooter :mjlol:

Most people expect drastic improvement from a title from over a decade ago. You can improve on the mechanics and polish of the game even if you don’t change the framework of the original title. Doom 2016 showed that.

I agree it's basically a 2019 higher def version of Crackdown 1....with a few changes in gameplay. Someone tell me will i be able to super run like in Crackdown 2 as i get more orbs? I miss that gameplay mechanic.

I also agree with the breh who said if you loved Crackdown before you'll probably love this one and if you don't love it then this won't convince you now to become a fan. I've been playing since yesterday and i'm enjoying it.

Someone mentioned Sunset Overdrive which i've had and never played so i think if thats a better version of similar gameplay i'll finally get into that next after the newness wears off of this.

Sunset Overdrive is one of the most underrated games around and one of the best games on the XBox. It’s almost a superhero game that hides it. If you like Crackdown, you’ll love this. It’s a much better version of this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because Crackdown 1 was released in 2007 and being a better version of a game from a decade ago isn’t great. The enemy variety is pretty basic, they don’t require any kinda threat assessment or priority shooting, etc.

This game is archaic. This game ain’t better than Sunset Overdrive, any of the Just Cause games, or the like.

For all the explosions and craziness, the guns barely have any response or kick. Guns don’t feel fun to shoot or have weight to them.

I loved Crackdown almost a decade and some change ago. It’s not what I’d ever call a system selling title even at its best and that was forever ago. This feels like Crackdown 1.5 which is a let down.

Most people expect drastic improvement from a title from over a decade ago. You can improve on the mechanics and polish of the game even if you don’t change the framework of the original title. Doom 2016 showed that.

Sunset Overdrive is one of the most underrated games around and one of the best games on the XBox. It’s almost a superhero game that hides it. If you like Crackdown, you’ll love this. It’s a much better version of this.
This is unfair. How many games that debuted last gen have had some transformational change?

Most games are a marginal improvement over their predecessors.

Why does crackdown get singled out for being a sequel?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
it looks like there's a mass group of people that hate every game dropped this past friday....metro and far cry gettin trashed the least from what ive seen....its crackdown and anthem gettin the brunt of the hate....march is easily gonna kill feb with sekiro and devil may cry 5 droppin

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I see Sunset Overdrive getting name dropped in here.

Dont disrespect that piff by comparing this super average game to it :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This is unfair. How many games that debuted last gen have had some transformational change?

Most games are a marginal improvement over their predecessors.

Why does crackdown get singled out for being a sequel?
You clowned Sony a bunch of times for releasing sequels. Relax and hold that mediocre L that ya'll pumped up to the be the game of century.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it looks like there's a mass group of people that hate every game dropped this past friday....metro and far cry gettin trashed the least from what ive seen....its crackdown and anthem gettin the brunt of the hate....march is easily gonna kill feb with sekiro and devil may cry 5 droppin
Online “Gamers” hate everything that doesn’t fit a specific mold right now.

Gotta be a movie game staring a middle aged cac or your game gets trashed :smh:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So upon further review and a few days of playing the campaign solo. It's a good game. which is why i hate reading reviews.

Here's the problem. dont go into the game expecting anything. just play to have fun. do not try to speed race to the finish line, just play for fun. do not try to use glitches you find in the game to cheat to win. just play for FUN.

And because i was just playing the game at my own pace not trying to speed run. and mostly grabbing the green orbs and searching for the purple orbs then getting into it with sub bosses and lower level stuff as i went along my way. it made the game much funner than if you try to just finish the game quickly or try to go thru the story in some kind of order.

Since i did it this way I was good enough athletically to jump high enough to get that Black HOle gun earlier in the game than I think i was supposed to .

The first time i used that gun without even knowing what i was about to see. oooo weee.

The Crackdown 3 team got it right, from the visuals to the sound effects. PERFECTO.

And I actually started to like the comic book style art direction they chose to go back to from the last crackdown. Due to having a Xbox X and just the graphics cards being 10 times better now then they were back in part 2's days. This kind of art design can be shown very well. It looks really good.

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I've play about 4 hours total with my big bro almost exclusively in co-op the game isn't necessarily good but it is fun, it's just a world and an excuse to destroy things, some neat platforming and a lot of explosions
Guns are pretty fun, whether it's the laser beam cannon, the toxic sludge gun or the cluster missile launcher
The world is a bit "Sterile" with not a lot going on besides bad guy bases but what can i say besides im having fun :yeshrug:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've play about 4 hours total with my big bro almost exclusively in co-op the game isn't necessarily good but it is fun, it's just a world and an excuse to destroy things, some neat platforming and a lot of explosions
Guns are pretty fun, whether it's the laser beam cannon, the toxic sludge gun or the cluster missile launcher
The world is a bit "Sterile" with not a lot going on besides bad guy bases but what can i say besides im having fun :yeshrug:
the world being sterile is the only thing i'm mad about because crack down 1 was not like that. part 2 was.

Crackdown one had the latin hood, the areas where it was more working class, and the rich areas. this game is super poor refugees doing nothing really and the high end city area. since they chose an island for the entire thing to go down on.

The difference between those latin hoods and the other areas were night and day. dudes bumping latin rap that you can hear in their cars as they pass by was crazy in Crackdown1. They gave us a handful of cars, well maybe like 10 to 15. but thats it. no real difference.