Crackdown 3 (Official Thread)

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Accidently posted while lurking :francis:

I enjoy this game a lot, but I find it difficult to rate the game. The reason being is because objectively id probably give the game a 7. However I'm having a LOT more fun on this 7 than most others in the past, which is exactly what I felt about the original crackdown.

Bought the og just for the Halo beta, and was pleasantly surprised that the game was actually fun.

With all that said there's no way this game is worth $60, good thing I only paid $2

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Accidently posted while lurking :francis:

I enjoy this game a lot, but I find it difficult to rate the game. The reason being is because objectively id probably give the game a 7. However I'm having a LOT more fun on this 7 than most others in the past, which is exactly what I felt about the original crackdown.

Bought the og just for the Halo beta, and was pleasantly surprised that the game was actually fun.

With all that said there's no way this game is worth $60, good thing I only paid $2
If it’s a 7 to u. Why is it not worth 60? Only 8’s and up are worth 60 to u?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saying its not worth 60 is true. i paid full price. but i knew going in it wasnt actually worth it. Most games arent worth their price tag if you are comparing them based on how good they are as a game creation goes. this game is fun and there are some things they did very well but there are obvious things they just left out the game or was lazy about it and it shows. The open world should be a lot livelier. People should have a lot more purpose.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
In my game scale anything that scores above a 7 provided something new or refreshing to the gaming world, which adds to value (what a game should be worth). So for instance, RDR2 is probably the closest thing to a 10 I've played in a long while regarding the single player game. Reason is because I didn't particularly like the first red dead, but with the updated graphics, captivating story, and exciting gameplay (aside from the goofy ass ranch hand quests :stopitslime:) it truly is an amazing gameplay experience, one that can be respectfully mentioned along with my first time playing Halo, Gears, GTA, Skyrim, etc.

Crackdown aint giving it up like that. Graphics are okay, story is basically not existent, and the game plays damn near identical to the OG Crackdown. No, a game does not need to be on par with say a RDR2 or Fallout NV to warrant a $60 price tag but it DOES need to bring something unique and refreshing to the table. I didn't too much care for the dark souls series and I'd give the shyt a 7 (that score is bias cuz I really don't like the game) but still and all it still felt worth a $60 price tag.

Can you name a game you'd rate 7 or below that you feel is worth $60?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In my game scale anything that scores above a 7 provided something new or refreshing to the gaming world, which adds to value (what a game should be worth). So for instance, RDR2 is probably the closest thing to a 10 I've played in a long while regarding the single player game. Reason is because I didn't particularly like the first red dead, but with the updated graphics, captivating story, and exciting gameplay (aside from the goofy ass ranch hand quests :stopitslime:) it truly is an amazing gameplay experience, one that can be respectfully mentioned along with my first time playing Halo, Gears, GTA, Skyrim, etc.

Crackdown aint giving it up like that. Graphics are okay, story is basically not existent, and the game plays damn near identical to the OG Crackdown. No, a game does not need to be on par with say a RDR2 or Fallout NV to warrant a $60 price tag but it DOES need to bring something unique and refreshing to the table. I didn't too much care for the dark souls series and I'd give the shyt a 7 (that score is bias cuz I really don't like the game) but still and all it still felt worth a $60 price tag.

Can you name a game you'd rate 7 or below that you feel is worth $60?
easy, 2k19. To have so many game modes, and things to do in a game. its worth the price tag from that alone. but for all the bugs, glitches, and just parts that are broken or the direction the gameplay has gone in a more arcade like feel for casuals with so many things being automated where you the user loses a lot of control. makes the game a lot less fun to play. If i wasnt a basketball stan i would not have purchased the game to begin with and would not have played it after the first month even if i tried it out. but due ot me being a hoop stan. i'm stuck. but the game is like a 5 in the fun category.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
easy, 2k19. To have so many game modes, and things to do in a game. its worth the price tag from that alone. but for all the bugs, glitches, and just parts that are broken or the direction the gameplay has gone in a more arcade like feel for casuals with so many things being automated where you the user loses a lot of control. makes the game a lot less fun to play. If i wasnt a basketball stan i would not have purchased the game to begin with and would not have played it after the first month even if i tried it out. but due ot me being a hoop stan. i'm stuck. but the game is like a 5 in the fun category.
To say a sports game that updates it's rosters and musical score each year to justify it's recurring $60 price tag is just absurd. Yes, maybe all those game modes justified the price of the original 2K, but we're 19 games in now, and none of the game modes have made drastic changes in YEARS.

Try again :francis:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sohh many Sony posters, I wonder why :win:
Because Crackdown 1 was released in 2007 and being a better version of a game from a decade ago isn’t great. The enemy variety is pretty basic, they don’t require any kinda threat assessment or priority shooting, etc.

This game is archaic. This game ain’t better than Sunset Overdrive, any of the Just Cause games, or the like.

For all the explosions and craziness, the guns barely have any response or kick. Guns don’t feel fun to shoot or have weight to them.

I loved Crackdown almost a decade and some change ago. It’s not what I’d ever call a system selling title even at its best and that was forever ago. This feels like Crackdown 1.5 which is a let down.

Most people expect drastic improvement from a title from over a decade ago. You can improve on the mechanics and polish of the game even if you don’t change the framework of the original title. Doom 2016 showed that.

Sunset Overdrive is one of the most underrated games around and one of the best games on the XBox. It’s almost a superhero game that hides it. If you like Crackdown, you’ll love this. It’s a much better version of this.
Myself and most other gamers didn't care for sunset overdrive like that. The online portion was a disgrace, the campaign is overrated by people who never even played it but it fits the internet hive mentality. If it was that good then how come the majority of us never finished it (I play chess nikka) crackdown on the other hand is crack cut with ramen noodles..still crack tho
Look at his defense mechanism y'all :umad: I know you gotta wait til next year but once Sony has knack 3 ready? E3 2020 gone be lit :whew:
it looks like there's a mass group of people that hate every game dropped this past friday....metro and far cry gettin trashed the least from what ive seen....its crackdown and anthem gettin the brunt of the hate....march is easily gonna kill feb with sekiro and devil may cry 5 droppin
That's that hive shyt, why everybody gotta like slashes bruh :stop: I dug the first dmc and other games like it like tenchu n shyt. But then they tried to blend the gameplay with other genres a lil bit and I didn't really like that shyt. I don't like the evolution of the devil may cry GENRE but I am looking forward to Sekiro cuz I have eyes and a pulse and I'm not into the faggy shyt like dat nikka @DPresidential and soft nikkaz like him :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Sohh many Sony posters, I wonder why :win:

Myself and most other gamers didn't care for sunset overdrive like that. The online portion was a disgrace, the campaign is overrated by people who never even played it but it fits the internet hive mentality. If it was that good then how come the majority of us never finished it (I play chess nikka) crackdown on the other hand is crack cut with ramen noodles..still crack tho

Look at his defense mechanism y'all :umad: I know you gotta wait til next year but once Sony has knack 3 ready? E3 2020 gone be lit :whew:

That's that hive shyt, why everybody gotta like slashes bruh :stop: I dug the first dmc and other games like it like tenchu n shyt. But then they tried to blend the gameplay with other genres a lil bit and I didn't really like that shyt. I don't like the evolution of the devil may cry GENRE but I am looking forward to Sekiro cuz I have eyes and a pulse and I'm not into the faggy shyt like dat nikka @DPresidential and soft nikkaz like him :manny:
fukk CacDown 3 nikka :birdman:

All Xbox One got is indie titles and a racing game

Bum ass system

360 rolling over in its grave:damn:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
fukk CacDown 3 nikka :birdman:

All Xbox One got is indie titles and a racing game

Bum ass system

360 rolling over in its grave:damn:
Cacdown 3?

There has never been a real African American on the cover of any Sony game but when Xbox does it for the 100th time you pour jelly on yourself. But to flip your flip, cacs will go down when the black lead character gets to :bustback:

All Xbox has is indie titles and a racing game? According to who, the coli fanboy coalition? If that is your personal opinion then share with the community what you have played (and didn't like) to come to such a conclusion. Otherwise you are merely a vessel for gossip :dame:

You looking forward to E3 this year or nah :banderas:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So I had this downloaded from gamepass and decided to give it a try before I delete it for another game.....

But I'm having fun even as Terry Cewn:yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game is dope. Been having a lot of fun playing with my son.

Weapons are fun, the agency vehicle riding all over the buildings is fun.

It’s a good change of pace coming from RE2 remake.