Crackdown 3 (Official Thread)

Ikonik

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's literally just running about shooting sh!t and collecting orbs, it's so boring. It's the same as crackdown from 12 years ago apart from a few different things here and there.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I agree it's basically a 2019 higher def version of Crackdown 1....with a few changes in gameplay. Someone tell me will i be able to super run like in Crackdown 2 as i get more orbs? I miss that gameplay mechanic.

I also agree with the breh who said if you loved Crackdown before you'll probably love this one and if you don't love it then this won't convince you now to become a fan. I've been playing since yesterday and i'm enjoying it.

Someone mentioned Sunset Overdrive which i've had and never played so i think if thats a better version of similar gameplay i'll finally get into that next after the newness wears off of this.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

He said the original Prototype is better. This is a 2007 game and nothing was advanced really.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So the destructibility is there up in multiplayer but it almost feels pointless.

Yea you can fully bring down a tower but with double jumping, air dashing and shyt being trapped in a collapsing building ain't really being trapped at all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree it's basically a 2019 higher def version of Crackdown 1....with a few changes in gameplay. Someone tell me will i be able to super run like in Crackdown 2 as i get more orbs? I miss that gameplay mechanic.

I also agree with the breh who said if you loved Crackdown before you'll probably love this one and if you don't love it then this won't convince you now to become a fan. I've been playing since yesterday and i'm enjoying it.

Someone mentioned Sunset Overdrive which i've had and never played so i think if thats a better version of similar gameplay i'll finally get into that next after the newness wears off of this.
Sunset Overdrive>>>>>>>>>>>Crackdown

Though if you like one you should like the other.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game isn't TERRIBLE, it just feels dated as hell.
Funny enough, the game actually reminds me a lot of Earth Defense Force with the core game play being running from point a to b gunning everything down, strafing and jumping all over the place.
It's very fitting as a gamepass game.
With the immediate repetitiveness of the game, outdated animations and mechanics, overall bland graphics (with the exception of the bright colors, with HDR this game really pops), very easy campaign (I've been playing on hard and still find the game to be a breeze), music is lackluster and the voice acting is laughable, all tied together I can definitely see why the game scored so low universally.
All that said, it's the perfect game for casuals. At no point does it take itself seriously. This is the type of game you would play at an arcade for 10 minutes and wish there was more to it but you had fun so overall you'd be happy with the brief experience for the most part.
Improvements that would help IMO would be, make the enemy AI smarter, add in some building destruction, flesh out the story a bit more to give the characters some depth and make me care more about what's going on, throw in some weather cycles, improve the animations and tweak the physics (from the jump the characters feel way to floaty. They just glide around the surface with no real weight to them. It would be nice for the characters to actually feel powerful. I would have liked to see characters drop from buildings and crack the street with their body weight. Jumping off the ground feels more like super man lifting off when I would rather it feel like the Hulk leaping from place to place).

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sohh nikkaz be on that bullshyt. When it comes to credibility I see y'all on your Steve Harvey money over integrity steez :stop:
It's literally just running about shooting sh!t and collecting orbs, it's so boring. It's the same as crackdown from 12 years ago apart from a few different things here and there.
I hear you, now what is your gamertag sir because there's a rumor going round that you are a liar :yeshrug: I didn't wanna believe it so could you clear this up for us? Thanks! :handshake:

I wouldn't compare the two at all other than colourful artistic look to them. Gameplay is totally different. You've never heard people compare crackdown to jet set radio but sunset overdrive gets that comparison every time. Still a good game, worth a try...

He said the original Prototype is better. This is a 2007 game and nothing was advanced really.

Who gives a shyt what he thinks winb, when are you going to start valuing your opinion? I value your opinion, even reached out to you back when I was trying to get my shyt running via this community. Don't forget you're special :to:
So the destructibility is there up in multiplayer but it almost feels pointless.

Yea you can fully bring down a tower but with double jumping, air dashing and shyt being trapped in a collapsing building ain't really being trapped at all.
I had similar feelings but it was unfair to draw conclusions after only a few games. Once you understand what's going on you can destroy buildings to your advantage. Buildings have collapsed with me inside of them and the only way out is to blast my way. When you play territories mode blowing buildings up is standard. You can't know that without putting in the work. It's obvious some haven't... Most of the reviewers haven't. Standards are at an all-time low...
It was trash THEN..... and its still trash now...:snooze:
You didn't have an Xbox Then and you don't now :umad:
Some of the reviews are :mjpls: too with Terry Crews leading game. We know they don’t like to play as a black guy:smh:
Halo 5 black lead
Battlefield 1's black lead still affecting the franchise :ohhh:
Game launched at 10% of Crackdown 2's sales in the UK. :russ:
Is that bad? That's not a routine statistic, did your a$$hole just hand that to you? While nobody gives a fukk about the sales you talking about I could add that the 360 userbase at the time crackdown 2 launched was much higher than the current Xbox userbase :ufdup: or the fact that Gamepass will affect total sales numbers but raises total users (which you won't count because it goes against your narrative)

I'm a Gamepass superstar, you won't count me yet I'm here, playing and winning. Tell us why :umad: