COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Knoxville is officially on lock-down...I'm considered "essential"....so I guess it's time to get down to business...

giphy.gif

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
LCBO will stay remain open I think

The end of malls as we know it

LCBO should not be an essential service :francis:

Delivery services would be so much popular if they didn't jack up the price on everything. $4.78 for a small carton of milk? Get outta here :francis:

I wonder if we're going to be like South Korea 18 months from now, order your groceries online and it's at your door step in an hour:wow:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Like a lot of other world leaders, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte is now in the business of calming his citizens down. But he’s also a pragmatist. Last week at an update on COVID-19, he said, “The reality is also that in the coming period a large part of the population will be infected with the virus.”

That’s why the Dutch are trialling a different strategy to protect the vulnerable: they’re trying to achieve so-called “herd immunity,” the term for what happens when enough people have survived the disease to effectively slow its spread. “As we wait for a vaccine or medicine, we can slow down the virus spreading and at the same time build up herd immunity in a controlled manner,” Rutte said.

Daps
So the Republicans want to bail out the corporations, and not give to everyone else, and Dems are trying to get everyone money, but also trying to regulate executive salaries for year to come

Is that what’s happening?
Republicans want to give money to people AND corporations within sectors like the airline industries who are reporting that they are losing a ton of money. The reasoning is, if these businesses are unable to make revenue they'll either go under or lay off employees.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Me too, and I just can't believe the stares I get, or the fact practically no one else are taking precautions, not even the workers at the grocery stores, it's fukking incredible and sad. I have said before on here, 100% if my wife gets this, it's over, and I just want to fukking beat the fukk out of all these people. Albany, Ny and surrounding area can suck my fukking dikk.

Exactly, saw someone walking their dog with a mask on and no gloves :mjlol:

just dumb people everywhere :francis:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I just asked my manager why we are still in office and he gave me the juelz gif talking about we still may be essential. Tf? We do MBS. Only people we servicing is wealthy billionaires. :camby:They can go a month without a few extra millions.
Youre in the office still? :dwillhuh:

Good. My cousin works at LCBO. He told me there were long lines to get in yesterday and people were breathing down each other's necks in line. People won't learn until they get sick or someone they care about gets sick

LCBO has to be deemed essential, right? I don't wanna race out today to hit the crowd :lupe::damn:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

Fauci Flexin :win:

Faucci hates Trump lol

Fauci on Trump: 'I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down' - CNNPolitics

Fauci on Trump: 'I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down'
By Arman Azad, CNN
Updated 11:31 AM EDT, Mon March 23, 2020
200320140708-gupta-fauci-trump-split-super-169.jpg

(CNN)The nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, described the challenges of working with the Trump administration during the coronavirus pandemic in an interview with the journal Science published Sunday.

Asked how he responds to falsehoods from the President during press conferences, Fauci said, "I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down," according to the interview.

"OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time," Fauci said.

Ad
The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Fauci has advised six presidents and has played a central role in the White House's Coronavirus Task Force.

"I'm sort of exhausted," Fauci said in the interview. "But other than that, I'm good. I mean, I'm not, to my knowledge, coronavirus infected. To my knowledge, I haven't been fired."

While Fauci said he and the President "disagree on some things," he described Trump as responsive: "He goes his own way. He has his own style. But on substantive issues, he does listen to what I say."

Fauci was specifically asked about some of Trump's comments, including his assertion that China should have told US officials about the coronavirus three months sooner. That would have been around September, and there is no evidence Chinese officials were aware of the virus at that time.

"It just doesn't comport with facts," said the interviewer, Jon Cohen.

Coronavirus rages as Washington struggles to catch up
"I know, but what do you want me to do?" Fauci replied. "I mean, seriously Jon, let's get real. What do you want me to do?"

Fauci also said he had never used the term "China virus." Asked if he ever would, Fauci responded, "No."

In the interview, Fauci described testing as "one clear issue that needs to be relooked at. Why were we not able to mobilize on a broader scale?" But asking those questions right now was "premature," Fauci said. "We really need to look forward."

Cohen, the Science reporter, also brought up a widely memed moment from Friday's White House press briefing.

As the President spoke of the "Deep State Department," Fauci was caught on camera putting his hand over his face in apparent frustration.

"Have you been criticized for what you did?" Cohen asked.

"No comment," Fauci said

Daps
Republicans want to give money to people AND corporations within sectors like the airline industries who are reporting that they are losing a ton of money. The reasoning is, if these businesses are unable to make revenue they'll either go under or lay off employees.

So Dems don’t want the corporations to have anything?