COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is bananas

seems like ppl still taking it lightly though

I’m praying for a scientific break through more than anything right now

Best case scenario is that summer comes soon and it comes hot. It'll buy some breathing room, and we can be better prepared for when the virus comes back in the fall.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
It is crazy knowing that if you really look at the numbers ..the amount of people that US confirmed has the virus wouldn’t even be able to fill up a baseball stadium in like any city ...yet it’s enough to basically shut everything down in the whole country

numbers are so tricky

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If this shyt keep spreading and overwhelming the health care system it could be a death sentence for a significant amount of people imo

Last I heard the absolute worst case scenario....1.7 million people in the U.S. could die from this over 12 months.

After that it would taper off as people naturally become immune to it. That's not counting a vaccine.

There is 327 million people in the U.S., 1.7 million would be roughly 0.5% of the population. Less than 1%.

In 3 years roughly 1.8 mill people die from heart disease. And it doesn't taper off, ever. Like clock work, every year 600k people die from heart disease. Something like 17 million world wide die from heart disease, every year.

Not down playing this at all, but I guess it depends on what you mean when you say "a significant amount". The financial and societal fall out from this is far more dangerous than the actual virus, IMO.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is bananas

seems like ppl still taking it lightly though

I’m praying for a scientific break through more than anything right now
My auto finance company push my payment back and I didn't even have to ask of course I'm going to just save that money but luckily my wife and I have stable jobs but you never know what can happen as we work for large banking corporations.

I really just hope this encourages more people to start saving and reduces consumerism and over consumption

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It is crazy knowing that if you really look at the numbers ..the amount of people that US confirmed has the virus wouldn’t even be able to fill up a baseball stadium in like any city ...yet it’s enough to basically shut everything down in the whole country

numbers are so tricky

Yeah, but one person could infect enough people to fill a gym. Now imagine how many people a stadium could infect.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My auto finance company push my payment back and I didn't even have to ask of course I'm going to just save that money but luckily my wife and I have stable jobs but you never know what can happen as we work for large banking corporations.

I really just hope this encourages more people to start saving and reduces consumerism and over consumption

I was finally able to convince my wife to downgrade her car insurance from full coverage to just liability and uninsured motorist. I'd been trying for years to get her to do this. We'd already streamlined most of our other expenses prior to this though.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
We dont have the skill anymore to make stuff. Like tim cook says, iPhones are made in China not for their cost, but for the skills required. Maybe this will help bring manufacturing back here but highly doubtful.

I agree with that also. We've relied on China, way too much. Even if we don't make manufacture everything here, it's not smart to have all of our eggs in one basket.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Last I heard the absolute worst case scenario....1.7 million people in the U.S. could die from this over 12 months.

After that it would taper off as people naturally become immune to it. That's not counting a vaccine.

There is 327 million people in the U.S., 1.7 million would be roughly 0.5% of the population. Less than 1%.

In 3 years roughly 1.8 mill people die from heart disease. And it doesn't taper off, ever. Like clock work, every year 600k people die from heart disease. Something like 17 million world wide die from heart disease, every year.

Not down playing this at all, but I guess it depends on what you mean when you say "a significant amount". The financial and societal fall out from this is far more dangerous than the actual virus, IMO.

Fred.

big facts

from what I know you can prevent heart disease though

I don’t like the idea of something you can’t even see killing people within a few weeks

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
big facts

from what I know you can prevent heart disease though

I don’t like the idea of something you can’t even see killing people within a few weeks

Well, as I've said before look at Italy.

Horrific death toll from COVID-19....and 1/3 of the people already had heart disease. Most of the deaths were people pushing 80.

This shyt is scary but generally speaking it don't randomly kill people. Most of the people are either old as fukk, or unhealthy already.

I look at it like The Joker said in "The Dark Knight". Nobody gives a fukk about heart disease or cancer because it's considered normal. People still eating like shyt, smoking, doing whatever. But since COVID-19 isn't "planned" deaths....people are losing their minds.

Fred.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

numbers are so tricky

More people would have it if they didn't shut stuff down though. It would overwhelm the medical system even more and more people would die.