COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm live and am from NYC and have a fairly large extended social circle. My mother is a nurse, my grandmother is a retired principal, my dad retired from transit and my cousin is the principal of one of the most well known public high school's in Brooklyn. Not one of them knows anyone who has got this virus yet. I'm curious as to where these numbers are coming from. If anyone else is in the NYC area and can comment of knowing someone personally or someone you know knowing someone, I'd like to hear. I'm not saying the authorities are lying...I'm saying nobody I know is aware of anyone in their circles who is affected. Every1 has just been quarantined.

Are these people you know getting tested?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
mjqFmvN.png

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
If (and this is a big IF) this is true, then isolation and getting the numbers down is key. Which is exactly what countries are trying to, except for the stubborn individuals who think they're invincible.

But since we've seen just how far China would go to censor the news and erase people who'd speak out against them and expose them... I highly doubt this is true. I'd hope it is because then it means that a lockdown for months isn't necessary, but I don't know if I believe this.

They’ve been on VERY right lockdown for I think 3 months now.

It seems like something western governments won’t want to do until we hit Spain/Italy numbers

Daps
Probably been posted already but:

I wish nothing but eternal pain on these animals.

Even if there was no virus, that is still SCUST!

:picard:

I bet if he drops a utensil on the floor in public he picks it up, and keeps eating.

I always get several utensils, multiple straws, and a stack of napkins just incase something falls on the floor.

And to put in my glove compartment, or desk at work.

:mjlit:

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Meanwhile China getting back up and running

Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak in China, has begun to loosen its two-month lockdown on citizens as more countries issued new restrictions to contain the pandemic.

On Monday, small groups of residents in the central Chinese city were leaving their residential compounds, going to grocery stores and walking along the streets for the first time in weeks. At the weekend, the first train arrived in the city ferrying more than 1,000 workers from elsewhere in the province back to the city for work.

On Sunday, local authorities said residents could begin returning to work if they did not have a temperature and could provide a green health code, signifying their virus-free status as well as a certificate from their employer. Officials said the city would be “gradually” reopened and public transportation would resume.

In another sign that normal life was starting to return in China, there were reports of traffic jams in Beijing on Monday morning.

Wuhan eases coronavirus lockdown as restrictions intensify outside China
Propaganda

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
If (and this is a big IF) this is true, then isolation and getting the numbers down is key. Which is exactly what countries are trying to, except for the stubborn individuals who think they're invincible.

But since we've seen just how far China would go to censor the news and erase people who'd speak out against them and expose them... I highly doubt this is true. I'd hope it is because then it means that a lockdown for months isn't necessary, but I don't know if I believe this.

One of my best friends is in southern China right now and he told me that things are getting back to normal. Everyone has to wear a mask. People are allowed to leave for work and there are screeners everywhere. There are still cops and military on every block.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I know one hospital that isn't allowing visitors outside of a small window for non covid patients (and only one guest) and the covid-19 patients are in isolation rooms.

They're all doing that. Nursing homes aren't letting anyone in at all.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Death rate in the US is 1.3%? Just based on calculation of cases to deaths. Obviously that’s rough calculation but crazy how Italy is so much higher.